F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Map Problem after Convert from Japan
GetBMWParts

04-08-2021, 11:32 AM   #1
whplanet
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d 2017

Angry Map Problem after Convert from Japan

Hi all,

I got help from an experienced person in the forums to convert my Japan model iDrive in my 2017 320d sport to the India map. After conversion, the map shows up and I can see my position.

Unfortunately, I cannot search for destination by address because the street names aren't there. I am in Colombo, Sri Lanka. If I only enter "Sri Lanka" and "Colombo" in the nav, it shows me literally one road option: "Dr Wijewar Dena Road", when there should be thousands of options. When I search points of interest, I get routed just fine on the map, but the addresses are all jacked.

Here's a concrete example. The Shangri-la hotel street and number (straight off their site) is "1 Galle Face". I cannot enter this in my nav, because "Galle Face" is not there. I can find the Shangri-La Hotel as a point of interest and get a route. If I look at the address the system is using, I see:
Shangri-La Hotel
KOMPANNAWEEDIYA
BALADAKSHA MAWATHA
Does anyone know what might be causing this and how to fix it? If you have the India map, would you confirm that I'm not crazy... that yours show real addresses?

If you need screenshots or more info, I'm happy to provide, just let me know.

Thanks!

Last edited by whplanet; 04-09-2021 at 11:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 11:54 AM   #2
whplanet
Registered
Rep

Also, if I choose "Sri Lanka" for the country and look at the list of city options, there are some really weird things listed that are not cities at all.
Some Examples:
21 COLONY
3RD MILE POST
4TH KANUWA JUNCTION
51 JUNCTION
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 05:11 AM   #3
whplanet
Registered
Rep

bump