F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Help Side Mirror Damage
Studio RSR

08-29-2019, 08:24 PM   #1
Yungsta
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Help Side Mirror Damage

Not sure where to buy some parts..

Swiped the side of my garage leaving and bent the mirror outwards. It's functioning so there is no motor damage. But it looks like I need to change our the side turn indicator and the plastic housing around the mirror. I couldn't find the correct part for the plastic housing. I'm thinking of changing out the light to a sequential one since I'm buying a new one.

Name:  IMG_20190829_180229.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  205.5 KB
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 09:21 PM   #2
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yungsta View Post
Not sure where to buy some parts..

Swiped the side of my garage leaving and bent the mirror outwards. It's functioning so there is no motor damage. But it looks like I need to change our the side turn indicator and the plastic housing around the mirror. I couldn't find the correct part for the plastic housing. I'm thinking of changing out the light to a sequential one since I'm buying a new one.

Attachment 2131438
Only glass and non-painted rear cover are available separately. Main base is sold as one.

Which base you need depends on your options.

Without knowing model as well as options, it's impossible to help you with part number.

If you want to list last 7 of VIN, Otions can atleast be determined.

After you source base, you can determine if you want to pay to additional to retrofit sequential turn indicator.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 09:32 PM   #3
Yungsta
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Only glass and non-painted rear cover are available separately. Main base is sold as one.

Without knowing model as well as options, it's impossible to help you with part number.

After you source base, you can determine if you want to pay to additional to retrofit sequential turn indicator.
Did some research, looks like the support is sold separately under part 51-16-7-284-123.

I guess I'm gonna buy the sequential indicators as well... Another excuse for a mod lol. Might as well throw in some carbon fiber caps.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 09:40 PM   #4
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yungsta View Post
Quote:

Did some research, looks like the support is sold separately under part 51-16-7-284-123.

I guess I'm gonna buy the sequential indicators as well... Another excuse for a mod lol. Might as well throw in some carbon fiber caps.
Interesting. Appears the parts ARE sold separate.

Though from your description it sounded as if you had more damage than that.

If you can get by with that and no base damage, you are very lucky.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 09:56 PM   #5
Yungsta
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Interesting. Appears the parts ARE sold separate.

Though from your description it sounded as if you had more damage than that.

If you can get by with that and no base damage, you are very lucky.
Yes no mirror damage which is the biggest cost. Hopefully everything works out!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 03:11 PM   #6
Yungsta
Private First Class
Rep

Update

I finally received the replacement front plastic housing to my left mirror and changed it out. It was not the most difficult DIY, took me a good hour to figure it out. I had to remove the mirror glass off completely (be careful with this part) and remove the mirror cap. The rest of it involves removing a bunch of torx screws to remove bottom housing and the front plastic housing from the main support holding the mirror motor. The front plastic housing also requires angling out from the motor.

I added some sequential turn signals and CF look mirror caps since I was working on it anyway. Not bad for a 38 dollar fix!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F223325951669
Attached Images

Appreciate 0