F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > F30 LCI Rear Indicator not working
GetBMWParts

04-15-2021, 08:15 AM   #1
lakm
Rep
Drives: f30

F30 LCI Rear Indicator not working

Hey guys,

So noticed left side boot indicator light not working. Thinking it was a short (from an LED?) took everything apart and found nothing.

6 pin connector looks good no burn marks. The housing where the connector fits into, the pins looks fine, all the same.

All other LED parts of the lights work just the indicator doesn't. Did find a dead bug inside if you look at the pictures. Surely this didn't cause any of the indicator LEDs to blow as such?

Disconnected the right side boot light and connected it to the left side 6 pin. Turned it on and right side indicator and lights work fine. Tried the left faulty boot light and connected to right 6 pin, indicator still not working so surely not a wiring issue. Can't open the backside of the light to see the circuitry and all but from the outside it looks all fine to me.

So quite stumped. Would I need to buy a whole new part (63217456521)?
170 quid new, probably pick one up second hand for 60 ish but before I do that does anyone else care to help?

Cheers

image hosting
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 12:06 PM   #2
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP & S1000 XR

Looks like the signal LED module has died, or the LED driver.
If you have no warranty then it's going to cost unfortunately.
As it's toast, Even if you have a go gaining entry inside the unit, it's still going to have to be tested & faulty bit either fixed or replaced... probably of similar cost to sourcing an entire second hand lamp.
I'd just look to replace it tbh.
You could always try BMW for good will... as these are meant to last the life of the car.
      04-16-2021, 06:54 AM   #3
lakm
Rep
Drives: f30

Thanks T5

Yeh I'm out of warranty and didn't opt for the extended about a few months back. Will try my local dealer see if they are able to offer a new one out of goodwill however they may tell me to Foxtrot Oscar and order a new one at their parts department!
Appreciate 1
t5pilot974.50
      04-18-2021, 07:28 AM   #4
ukbeemerboy
Beemer Heaven
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakm View Post
Thanks T5

Yeh I'm out of warranty and didn't opt for the extended about a few months back. Will try my local dealer see if they are able to offer a new one out of goodwill however they may tell me to Foxtrot Oscar and order a new one at their parts department!
The extended warranty would of cost a lot more than to replace that lamp unit so you’re still better off I’d say.

2018 BMW M4 Competition
2019 Mini Countryman Cooper S : 2008 Mini Cooper
Appreciate 1
lakm1.50