F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > how to make 2015 328xi n26 exhaust louder/car showoff
Studio RSR

04-07-2020, 02:41 PM   #1
AudiEaterF30
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30 328xi

how to make 2015 328xi n26 exhaust louder/car showoff

hi all,
this is my first post about my car after a YEAR of ownership and many hours of searching these forums picking a choosing customizations and i think im finally ready to show it off . ive owned this 15 f30 xdrive n26 from 32*** miles and now has 55*** miles. and can i say it has been a very good first bmw to me. i plan on keeping this car for awhile due to the sulev warranty and how much work ive personally put into it already. anything my baby wants it gets... and im in love!

Since ive done alot of cosmetic and coding mods already it was time i to do my first real performance mod to the car so i purchased a ER catted downpipe and installed yesterday. first thought was.... womp. not much more noise for the 5 hours i spent on my back in my parkinglot. though i deffinatly feel a power increase and the next morning coldstart was pretty decent. but i really wanted it a little louder while driving and to make it do pops when i rev and downshift (like the g20 m340 for example) any ideas how i can do this but keep away from ricer style hacks? i want to stay classy with oem or high quality aftermarket parts only.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 06:53 PM   #2
alohasurftoad
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 440i gran coupe w/mppsk

adding an axle back would probably take the sound to where you want it.

REMUS(normal pipes or quad), valved. this is what i'd get...
AWE(normal pipes or quad) if you want it louder
M-Performance, if you want OEM, might be the softest but still has snap, crackle, pop.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 07:37 PM   #3
Elvisfan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 430ix convertible MGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohasurftoad View Post
adding an axle back would probably take the sound to where you want it.

REMUS(normal pipes or quad), valved. this is what i'd get...
AWE(normal pipes or quad) if you want it louder
M-Performance, if you want OEM, might be the softest but still has snap, crackle, pop.
You want your car to sound like Rice Krispies?
Appreciate 1
      04-07-2020, 07:50 PM   #4
alohasurftoad
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 440i gran coupe w/mppsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvisfan View Post
me? i don't...i'm just advising what it'll sound like
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 03:17 PM   #5
whatevs
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 bmw 328

OP - That showroom looks familiar - BMW of North Haven by any chance?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 09:19 PM   #6
AudiEaterF30
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohasurftoad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvisfan View Post
me? i don't...i'm just advising what it'll sound like
haha good eye with only my few pics, it most surely is! i miss my home away from home (aka work)
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 09:25 PM   #7
AudiEaterF30
Second Lieutenant
Rep

but as for the car tone. i was thinking about that awe mid pipe ive seen? does anyone have er catted downpipe and that upgraded mid pipe and how is the sound of that?? or should i skip the mid pipe and go straight for the muffler. i just want a little more aggressiveness when driving. not ak47 shooting in my neighborhood lolol
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 10:44 AM   #8
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sportline Auto RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiEaterF30 View Post
but as for the car tone. i was thinking about that awe mid pipe ive seen? does anyone have er catted downpipe and that upgraded mid pipe and how is the sound of that?? or should i skip the mid pipe and go straight for the muffler. i just want a little more aggressiveness when driving. not ak47 shooting in my neighborhood lolol
Start with the axleback. If you want more drone, add the midpipe.
      04-10-2020, 08:15 PM   #9
AudiEaterF30
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh_f30 View Post
Quote:
Start with the axleback. If you want more drone, add the midpipe.
gotcha. i will look into that thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 10:14 PM   #10
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
hi all,
this is my first post about my car after a YEAR of ownership and many hours of searching these forums picking a choosing customizations and i think im finally ready to show it off . ive owned this 15 f30 xdrive n26 from 32*** miles and now has 55*** miles. and can i say it has been a very good first bmw to me. i plan on keeping this car for awhile due to the sulev warranty and how much work ive personally put into it already. anything my baby wants it gets... and im in love!

Since ive done alot of cosmetic and coding mods already it was time i to do my first real performance mod to the car so i purchased a ER catted downpipe and installed yesterday. first thought was.... womp. not much more noise for the 5 hours i spent on my back in my parkinglot. though i deffinatly feel a power increase and the next morning coldstart was pretty decent. but i really wanted it a little louder while driving and to make it do pops when i rev and downshift (like the g20 m340 for example) any ideas how i can do this but keep away from ricer style hacks? i want to stay classy with oem or high quality aftermarket parts only.
Suggest you mount large speaker on your roof. Wire to large amp in trunk and connect to ASD.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-11-2020, 07:47 AM   #11
otay
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:
hi all,

Suggest you mount large speaker on your roof. Wire to large amp in trunk and connect to ASD.
Very helpful.
Appreciate 1
Wires1645.50
      04-11-2020, 01:53 PM   #12
Craeftig
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2014 F30

Quote:
hi all,

catless DP + Remus axel back is what i have on my setup. it's not to loud but enough to get attention. idk if u notice but n20/26 have two cats. So removing mid pipe should give u that loud aggressive sound if paired with DP + axle back.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 08:54 PM   #13
AudiEaterF30
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:
hi all,

could you help with install?? lmao
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 08:59 PM   #14
AudiEaterF30
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craeftig View Post
Quote:
hi all,

catless DP + Remus axel back is what i have on my setup. it's not to loud but enough to get attention. idk if u notice but n20/26 have two cats. So removing mid pipe should give u that loud aggressive sound if paired with DP + axle back.
yes i know n26 engine has 2 cats. i installed the ER high flow catted downpipe and still have oem midpipe and muffler currently. i dont want any nasty smell while idling so didnt want to eliminate either catalytic converter. what engine do u have? any sound clips??
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2020, 02:39 PM   #15
CAMBO
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3 - F30 328i

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW 328i  [0.00]
I recently installed the AWE exhaust suite & resonated mid pipe. It's definitely louder but not Honda obnoxious loud. The first week with it installed, I drove with my windows cracked. Just made driving more enjoyable. I personally like the way it sounds with the set up I have. Personally, I wouldn't add anything else or it'll be too loud to my liking.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2020, 09:23 PM   #16
AudiEaterF30
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMBO View Post
I recently installed the AWE exhaust suite & resonated mid pipe. It's definitely louder but not Honda obnoxious loud. The first week with it installed, I drove with my windows cracked. Just made driving more enjoyable. I personally like the way it sounds with the set up I have. Personally, I wouldn't add anything else or it'll be too loud to my liking.
what engine do you have?

thats exactly what im trying to avoid. i dont want my nice bmw sounding like a honda! lolol, but i do want to pop (a little) at people sometimes for fun
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 10:10 PM   #17
CAMBO
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3 - F30 328i

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW 328i  [0.00]
N26 - 2015 328i xdrive

Youtube, Facebook, IG and BP helped me compare different exhausts (sound wise). Have you tried looking any up? Took me 6 months to decide but no regrets!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 05:29 PM   #18
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

AWE is what a lot of people swear by for the sound. I went the Active Autowerke axle back route on my 340, and it sounds amazing at light/part throttle, but a bit underwhelming at full throttle. With the turbo, you just get a lot of "whoosh!" sound. I'm used to normally aspirated American V8 which results in a ton more rasp and growl when you add in the exhaust.

That being said, still happy, just different from what I anticipated. I found the ASD drone brutal in sport mode with the stock exhaust, so I kept the stock midpipe so it still had the resonator. I personally didn't want to regret the changes by adding in a ton of drone to my DD.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 08:22 PM   #19
AudiEaterF30
Second Lieutenant
Rep

im liking the sound clips i hear from awe exhaust too but it doesnt come with exhaust flap linkage like mpe does. correct? i think these are my top 2 exhaust choices but i have to find more clips and decide! i just want to stunt and be as loud as those dam cameros or chargers when i hit the gas
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 12:41 PM   #20
AudiEaterF30
Second Lieutenant
Rep

so it's been a couple months and I figure I'd update all on my exhaust tones. I located and bought a Mperformance exhaust last month and have been loving the sounds my car makes now. on cold start it is really loud but sounds great! u can hear moderately loud pops as it down/upshifts and burples when accelerating. I can hear sometimes loud pops when coming to a stop sign or light. when in eco pro mode is when I hear the most noise in the back. it sounds amazing!! for anyone interested I have the ER hi-flow catted downpipe and now the M performance exhaust (328 version). I wish it was a little louder just to be obnoxious when I want to be. but I get plenty of head turns now with this exhaust set up and do not regret my choice.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 12:45 PM   #21
AudiEaterF30
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I have a few videos I would like to share but do not know how to upload them if anyone knows how to upload and would like to see them please tell me how
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 03:58 PM   #22
whatevs
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 bmw 328

Glad you r enjoying the new exhaust!! If you dont mind sharing....how much did it cost to install.
Appreciate 0