F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Bye bye 440i Gran Coupe
ARMA SPEED

09-24-2019, 05:24 PM   #67
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Back on track Alex.

When is the new car coming etc? If a stock car all sorted within a few weeks I assume?
      09-25-2019, 01:50 PM   #68
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Back on track Alex.

When is the new car coming etc? If a stock car all sorted within a few weeks I assume?
Not sure exactly. Originally they gave an estimated date of the 29th of September. Phoned today before I call BMW finance to VT and told the system now says delivery to the dealer by the 7th of October.

Going in tomorrow to sign paperwork anyway as they need to register car before end of September to qualify for the BMW contribution, the current GFV offered, oh and the £11k off list.

Technically the car will be mine, but still in a stock yard in Teeside. I could worry about that if i wanted to, but, as mine will probably take a couple of weeks to be collected by BCA then it probably works out well.

Anyone VT'd lately and know what estimated lead time for collection is?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 02:07 PM   #69
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: Chav white Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Not sure exactly. Originally they gave an estimated date of the 29th of September. Phoned today before I call BMW finance to VT and told the system now says delivery to the dealer by the 7th of October.

Going in tomorrow to sign paperwork anyway as they need to register car before end of September to qualify for the BMW contribution, the current GFV offered, oh and the £11k off list.

Technically the car will be mine, but still in a stock yard in Teeside. I could worry about that if i wanted to, but, as mine will probably take a couple of weeks to be collected by BCA then it probably works out well.

Anyone VT'd lately and know what estimated lead time for collection is?
My Audi was collected by BCA on Monday (23rd) I booked it for collection on the 4th September and that was the earliest slot they had.
Appreciate 1
      09-26-2019, 06:52 AM   #70
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncho View Post
My Audi was collected by BCA on Monday (23rd) I booked it for collection on the 4th September and that was the earliest slot they had.
Thanks, going to call BMW this afternoon.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 11:50 AM   #71
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Back on track Alex.

Just had a call from Stratstone, new car day is Saturday! Letting me leave my 440i in their compound and BCA will collect from there.

The plus side of that is the collection person won't be able to get me to sign for and agree any minor damage
Appreciate 2
mcoops1757.00
JustChris17423.00
      10-03-2019, 12:33 PM   #72
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Just had a call from Stratstone, new car day is Saturday! Letting me leave my 440i in their compound and BCA will collect from there.

The plus side of that is the collection person won't be able to get me to sign for and agree any minor damage
I amin chesterfield on the weekend, I will look out for you!
Appreciate 1
      10-03-2019, 01:16 PM   #73
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Back on track Alex.

Result!
      10-03-2019, 01:32 PM   #74
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
I amin chesterfield on the weekend, I will look out for you!
I think I'll notice an M5 driving round if I see one! Collection time is scheduled for 11am Saturday at Stratstone. Handover and out before 12 I imagine.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 01:33 PM   #75
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I think I'll notice an M5 driving round if I see one! Collection time is scheduled for 11am Saturday at Stratstone. Handover and out before 12 I imagine.
Cheers, will keep my eyes open. Grey isn’t it?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 01:37 PM   #76
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Cheers, will keep my eyes open. Grey isn’t it?
It will look like this........
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 02:10 PM   #77
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Cheers, will keep my eyes open. Grey isn't it?
Nice
      10-03-2019, 03:05 PM   #78
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Nice colour. Nice car.
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2019, 07:34 AM   #79
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

First thoughts as they unveiled it.

What are those bloody wheels, not what I ordered! Followed by stress and slight panic as they dig the paperwork out, and I'm worried I'd signed for the wrong ones.

Followed shortly after by dealer panic as they check the paperwork and realise they were the wrong wheels and they're going to have to order some.

It's got the 20 inch m sport plus wheels on, which are ok, but I ordered the 21 inch 718m's, so hopefully in a few days that's what I'll have!

Not the best of starts, but drove lovely back from the dealers. Weirdly I found the piped in noise less fake sounding than in the M40i I tested where it was really annoying. Even though it's all fake in this, it's got a deep tone that really suits the drive.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2019, 08:02 AM   #80
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
First thoughts as they unveiled it.

What are those bloody wheels, not what I ordered! Followed by stress and slight panic as they dig the paperwork out, and I'm worried I'd signed for the wrong ones.

Followed shortly after by dealer panic as they check the paperwork and realise they were the wrong wheels and they're going to have to order some.

It's got the 20 inch m sport plus wheels on, which are ok, but I ordered the 21 inch 718m's, so hopefully in a few days that's what I'll have!

Not the best of starts, but drove lovely back from the dealers. Weirdly I found the piped in noise less fake sounding than in the M40i I tested where it was really annoying. Even though it's all fake in this, it's got a deep tone that really suits the drive.
Whoops, how did they manage that!?

So has it got the non rft P Zeros that mine has currently?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2019, 08:10 AM   #81
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post

Don't know how they did it, maybe swapped at another dealers as it was a stock car.

And no, looks like Michelin run flats.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
isleaiw18605.50
JustChris17423.00
Wills28618.00
      10-05-2019, 08:20 AM   #82
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post

Don't know how they did it, maybe swapped at another dealers as it was a stock car.

And no, looks like Michelin run flats.
Oh right, definitely no reason to keep those wheels then, I only went for the 20's for the non RFT's.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2019, 10:06 AM   #83
KCH1984
Major
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model Y LR

Looks lovely, i really like the grey with the contrasting mirrors and grilles! I think in that colour combo it does look better with the 21s though, but they'll get that sorted
      10-05-2019, 10:28 AM   #84
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Very smart Alex. I seemto have been a tour of half of Chesterfield but didn’t see you....

Good dealer / handover experience? (Apart from the wheels....)
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2019, 10:45 AM   #85
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Very smart Alex. I seemto have been a tour of half of Chesterfield but didn’t see you....

Good dealer / handover experience? (Apart from the wheels....)
Not really, no. They had been really good up to today.

Arrived at 11am, the time I was asked to come for and was left wandering round the dealership with my 2 year old for 20 minutes before anyone came out to me.

Asked a couple of times at reception and the lady kept saying they were on their way soon. Turned out she couldn't actually get hold of the person she was trying upstairs. I had to suggest she get off her bum and go and physically look for her.

Then to be honest, pulling the cover off and seeing the wrong wheels sort of ruined it. Stopped taking pics and had several minutes alone while they disappeared to find out where the fault lay, with me, or them. By this point my wife was fed up, so went out to her car and took the kids home and left me to it.
Appreciate 1
isleaiw18605.50
      10-05-2019, 10:47 AM   #86
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Been at home all afternoon, spent sometime downloading some music, configuring car and I drive etc.

Going out tonight for a meal, and for a change I've offered to drive. Lucklily we're going to Matlock, so a good opportunity for a country run.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2019, 11:20 AM   #87
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

Arrived at 11am, the time I was asked to come for and was left wandering round the dealership with my 2 year old for 20 minutes before anyone came out to me.

Asked a couple of times at reception and the lady kept saying they were on their way soon. Turned out she couldn't actually get hold of the person she was trying upstairs. I had to suggest she get off her bum and go and physically look for her.

Then to be honest, pulling the cover off and seeing the wrong wheels sort of ruined it. Stopped taking pics and had several minutes alone while they disappeared to find out where the fault lay, with me, or them. By this point my wife was fed up, so went out to her car and took the kids home and left me to it.
Not great. I guess the surprise good deal was as far as surprises were going to go.

Enjoy the drive out. I am going all the way to the local Wetherspoons....
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2019, 11:32 AM   #88
mikeoz
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d LCI

Quote:

Took the shine off it a bit that. But im sure you will love it...looks very nice
Appreciate 0