F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Avin USA 10.25 android system install DIY
proTUNING Freaks

06-14-2018, 08:07 AM   #2069
andres.be
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyz View Post
Hi,

I have two annoying problems, other than the terrible audio output. First, the unit is always starting in BMW original screen, no matter what i left the car on when turned off. Second, randomly when i open the applications list on android the bass and treble of the original car audio settings are reset to defaults!

I tested Jan, Feb and April update with no luck.

Is this something related to MCU? Wat is latest version available, and if anyone can provide a link to download will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
could you resolve this issue? my unit starts in the BMW screen every time and I haven’t found a way to make it start in the Android side. Any help is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2018, 02:30 PM   #2070
Rockyz
Enlisted Member
Egypt
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by andres.be View Post
could you resolve this issue? my unit starts in the BMW screen every time and I haven’t found a way to make it start in the Android side. Any help is appreciated.
Unfortunately not. Still waiting for some help here.

Searched a lot but not found any fix
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2018, 03:04 PM   #2071
koutsouk
Private First Class
Greece
Rep
Drives: BMW E60

Quote:
Unfortunately not. Still waiting for some help here.

Searched a lot but not found any fix
It will not start in any other mode. It will always start in OEM screen since this is the default car behavior.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2018, 03:08 PM   #2072
Rockyz
Enlisted Member
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by koutsouk View Post
It will not start in any other mode. It will always start in OEM screen since this is the default car behavior.
Thanks, but some users in this thread confirming that their units remebers last screen on next boot.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2018, 03:46 PM   #2073
koutsouk
Private First Class
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, but some users in this thread confirming that their units remebers last screen on next boot.
Last android tab that you were yes.
But main screen defaults to OEM screen. After boot and changing to android goes to last used screen.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2018, 04:22 PM   #2074
andres.be
Rep

Quote:
But main screen defaults to OEM screen. After boot and changing to android goes to last used screen.
I received the following instructions from Avin a few months ago, however they never worked for me. According to this, it’s possible to choose what side to boot but since it doesn’t work for me I suspect it’s an MCU issue:

You can set the monitor to remember which UI menu to boot into each time your car starts.

To set the monitor to boot into the Android Menu UI:

1. Open the Music Player
2. Now turn off the car and wait 45 seconds.
3. Turn the car back on and the monitor will remember to boot back into the Android menu each time.

=====

To set the monitor to boot into the original BMW iDrive Menu UI:

1. Switch to the original iDrive menu any screen will be ok.
3. Turn the car back on and the monitor will remember to boot back into the original BMW iDrive Menu UI.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2018, 04:35 PM   #2075
Rockyz
Enlisted Member
Egypt
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus_BMW View Post
My setup – ’08 X5/E70; Avin USA 10.25 Android replaced my 8” stock screen, CCC iDrive. Sorry for posting this in the 4-Series forum, but the Avin 10.25 Android topic is much more active here, and my question shouldn't be unique to an X5.

I primarily purchased the Avin unit to enable me to have Apple CarPlay functionality, and for that the system has been working very well. On startup I have the Android unit set to boot to Android side by default. And, as soon as I’ve started the car, I connect my iPhone and hit Navigation (set to use CarPlay for maps) and it launches CarPlay for me.

I have a question related to accessing Car Info from the Android side. When I’m in the Android menu and select the “Car Info” menu option (don’t remember the specific menu title) to view car data, it takes me out of Android, and over to the main iDrive screen.

I thought I’ve read that on some people’s system, going into Car Info on Android side will keep you in Android and show the data that you would see on BMW/iDrive side? Maybe I’m mistaken. Or, maybe this does work, but only on CIC or newer systems?

Thanks for your help folks! Bimmerpost is an invaluable resource!

- Cactus_BMW

From post above i understood that Cactus_BMW to configure the unit to always boot in Android side.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2018, 04:41 PM   #2076
koutsouk
Private First Class
Greece
Rep

Quote:
I received the following instructions from Avin a few months ago, however they never worked for me. According to this, it’s possible to choose what side to boot but since it doesn’t work for me I suspect it’s an MCU issue:

You can set the monitor to remember which UI menu to boot into each time your car starts.

1. Open the Music Player
3. Turn the car back on and the monitor will remember to boot back into the Android menu each time.

=====

3. Turn the car back on and the monitor will remember to boot back into the original BMW iDrive Menu UI.
I am pretty sure that this is impossible.
Think that you have your android phone or tablet. Does it boot in the last used app if you take the battery off ? That could be possible only if the system was in sleep state but this is not an option with our units. They cold boot every time you switch the ignition off for more than 30 sec.
that for when you switch on the ignition it always goes to I drive screen since ccc or cic or nbt systems are faster or are in sleep state and the screen only saws the signal that gets from the entertainment system.

Maybe I am wrong but it seems logical.

Last edited by koutsouk; 06-14-2018 at 04:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2018, 10:39 AM   #2077
Wolverine
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F36 420D GC M-Sport

Does anyone know of a UK supplier for the CarPlay adapter? I want to add this to my unit but purchasing through Avin looks like it might be very expensive??

Thanks.

I'm also after a reversing camera if anyone knows of a good compatible one (preferably from a uk supplier)
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2018, 11:16 AM   #2078
MilanF30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 328i

Quote:
From post above i understood that Cactus_BMW to configure the unit to always boot in Android side.
So why don't you ask Cactus_BMW how did he do it?

For me, I wouldn't want it to boot android first, as I would need to wait and look at BMW animation screen This way i can listen to radio immediately, like in OEM unit...
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2018, 01:32 PM   #2079
Rockyz
Enlisted Member
Egypt
Rep

Quote:

1. Open the Music Player

=====

I can confirm the above Avin procedure worked for me, i opened the music player and turned off the car and when i cam back after 2 hours the display immediately showed the BMW Connected Drive logo and the unit directly booted into the music player as i left it.

I am running MCU ver [BMW-0513T-170518]
And App Ver: 20180315
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2018, 01:56 PM   #2080
polinesiano
Italy
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30 luxury

It also work for me.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2018, 11:16 PM   #2081
andres.be
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by polinesiano View Post
It also work for me.
It has worked for me in the past but if I don’t use the car for a day or two it seems to reset to the BMW side.

Does this happen to any of you as well?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2018, 08:12 AM   #2082
MilanF30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 328i

Strangely enough it works on my unit too .. It's enough Just to left music app open and turn off engine... At next start it boots to Android and continues to play the song
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2018, 08:54 AM   #2083
machman767
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport+

A new issue, went to install Chrome so I can use the browser tab, when I go to open it a strange Chinese one opens first, can get to Chrome but only after a bit of a faff, any ideas? Can't find it to delete, very odd.
Mick
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2018, 09:37 AM   #2084
Supernova66
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by machman767 View Post
A new issue, went to install Chrome so I can use the browser tab, when I go to open it a strange Chinese one opens first, can get to Chrome but only after a bit of a faff, any ideas? Can't find it to delete, very odd.
Mick
Hey Mick!

I saw an option in the factory settings about Google. Thought that was odd but you might want to check there.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2018, 10:11 AM   #2085
machman767
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Cheers, Bob, I'll go and have a look. How you getting on with the new unit? Fingers crossed my Avin seems to be plodding on without issue, hope I've not just shot myself in the foot...….

Mick
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2018, 10:22 AM   #2086
Supernova66
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by machman767 View Post
Cheers, Bob, I'll go and have a look. How you getting on with the new unit? Fingers crossed my Avin seems to be plodding on without issue, hope I've not just shot myself in the foot...….

Mick
Doing well mate. I guess all these Android's have their quirks. I wish I had more time to fuss with it. Maybe today.. It's Father's day on this side of the pond!

Let me know if that works for you..
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2018, 10:28 AM   #2087
machman767
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Fathers day here too, all that means is we get LESS time to do what we want!! Will go out and have a look, if I can get permission....!
Mick
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2018, 11:44 AM   #2088
notsec
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

internet connection issue

My internet connection is disconnecting in 5 minutes every time. I need to reset the device to reconnect. Could you help with this problem?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2018, 11:57 AM   #2089
Rockyz
Enlisted Member
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
It has worked for me in the past but if I don’t use the car for a day or two it seems to reset to the BMW side.

Does this happen to any of you as well?
Hi,

I left the car at the home screen in android side two days ago, and when returned the unit booted into android, and music player was loaded.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2018, 09:05 PM   #2090
andres.be
Rep

Quote:
Hi,

I left the car at the home screen in android side two days ago, and when returned the unit booted into android, and music player was loaded.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for sharing. I can’t get it to stay on the Android side consistently. I park in reverse and the only explanation I might have is that I must be turning off the car on the reverse screen which I guess is on the BMW side. If I get to fix this I will share the solution.
Appreciate 0