F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW Service complaints... Steering wheel Vibration
ARMA SPEED

10-17-2012, 12:03 AM   #23
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyO View Post
This vibration thing really sucks and is the one thing from preventing me ordering my F30. Do you hear that BMW, the Ultimate Vibrating Machine?
order the dynmaic handling and you wont have a problem
      10-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #24
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyO View Post
This vibration thing really sucks and is the one thing from preventing me ordering my F30. Do you hear that BMW, the Ultimate Vibrating Machine?
So you must never buy anything? If one complaint from a small group of people prevents you from buying things? Did you test drive cars that had this issue too?

i just got a 335i (2013) and at all speeds it has no steering wheel vibration, 400M wheels and Bridgestone summer tires.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #25
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
So you must never buy anything? If one complaint from a small group of people prevents you from buying things? Did you test drive cars that had this issue too?

i just got a 335i (2013) and at all speeds it has no steering wheel vibration, 400M wheels and Bridgestone summer tires.
dynamic handling? seems like people who have dynamic handling dont have the issue.
      10-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #26
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
dynamic handling? seems like people who have dynamic handling dont have the issue.
Justin

Drove by Pines a couple hours ago. Car carrier just arrived. Yours was not on it.

Has the port released the car yet?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #27
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Justin

Drove by Pines a couple hours ago. Car carrier just arrived. Yours was not on it.

Has the port released the car yet?
Thanks for the update

I wa at the dealer yesterday getting some bug spray shit off another car and the sales manager thinks the car will be coming in on the 20th. Hoping i can pick it up on the 22nd(next monday)

they had a special addition orange m3 in the showroom that was wicked looking, had mperformance exhuast and some carbon fiber bits.

thanks again.
      10-17-2012, 07:44 PM   #28
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Thanks for the update

I wa at the dealer yesterday getting some bug spray shit off another car and the sales manager thinks the car will be coming in on the 20th. Hoping i can pick it up on the 22nd(next monday)

they had a special addition orange m3 in the showroom that was wicked looking, had mperformance exhuast and some carbon fiber bits.

thanks again.
Please update us with some photos when you take delivery. Fun stuff. Watch out for BSO with their LIDAR hanging out on the corner of Sheridan and I-75.

I know another CA there. They're pushing that Orange M3 to everyone who mentions BMW. I assume the GM wants it GONE!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #29
JoeyO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: silver car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
So you must never buy anything?...
Yes, I sit home in my underwear inside a cardboard box because I'm afraid to buy things.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 08:10 PM   #30
lukster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: like a granny

Finally got my car back today after almost 3 weeks of diagnosing what was wrong with it. Apparently the turbo wastegate did not stay shut and was losing power. Anyway, never had any vibration issue with the base 17" wheels but when I swapped to 20s today, i can feel the steering wheel vibrate like the wheels are unbalanced. I know my wheels were balanced when they were mounted. Just wanted to know if thats what it feels like? It starts at around 45 and disappears at 60. I'm SOL though since it only does it with wheels that didn't come with the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #31
mikikuki7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Searching for X6M or M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyO
Lol! true that... The ultimate vibrating machine hahaha...
I called BMW of NA, all they did was call them and make me look stupid...
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #32
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexg View Post
Finally got my car back today after almost 3 weeks of diagnosing what was wrong with it. Apparently the turbo wastegate did not stay shut and was losing power. Anyway, never had any vibration issue with the base 17" wheels but when I swapped to 20s today, i can feel the steering wheel vibrate like the wheels are unbalanced. I know my wheels were balanced when they were mounted. Just wanted to know if thats what it feels like? It starts at around 45 and disappears at 60. I'm SOL though since it only does it with wheels that didn't come with the car.
How do you know your new wheels are true (round) and the tires are balanced properly? What tires are on your new wheels? Did they force balance? Are the wheels made in China?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 10:07 PM   #33
lukster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: like a granny

I was told they are hunter road force balanced. Bought an entire set including tpms because i did not want to cannibalize my stock wheels just in case i need to revert to stocks. Used evo v12s basing on the reviews but then maybe you're right since a lot of wheels are now made in china.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 07:30 AM   #34
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexg View Post
I was told they are hunter road force balanced. Bought an entire set including tpms because i did not want to cannibalize my stock wheels just in case i need to revert to stocks. Used evo v12s basing on the reviews but then maybe you're right since a lot of wheels are now made in china.

I would ask shop to spin wheel/tire on balancer and check runout of both rim and tire. Something is not round. Roadforce balancing can only fix so much.

I think you already know how I feel about Made in China.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #35
Tsuvoi
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

The guy that said he needed you car 1 month was obviously trying to get rid of you... Classic tactics.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 02:28 PM   #36
Beem320
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320i 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuvoi View Post
The guy that said he needed you car 1 month was obviously trying to get rid of you... Classic tactics.
I had the car with service department for more than 100days. Problem still remain. I suspect the problem is with Drive Shaft alignment. Anybody checked drive shaft alignment ?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #37
123rc123
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i Luxury Line

hey

Hello everyone. I have been doing really hard labour for the past couple years to buy my used 2012 BMW 328i. All the other kids in my town; their parents just buy it for them. Not me. My parents would never buy me something like that... I haven't had the best of life so I just wanted to buy myself something nice that I worked hard for, but I'll save you the little song on the violin. I looked around for the best prices and I settled on a 328i luxury line from Auto West BMW in Richmond, British Columbia. The car is great and I know quiet a bit about it. One thing really shocked me; they failed to address important issues, and basically walked me back out the door when I tried to bring the car into them today; which leaves me thinking I'll never buy a car from them again. They should take car of the customer. It is a very heartbreaking experience in this already terrible and corrupt world.

Issue #1: The leather seating. Upon delivery, I immediately noticed that the front passenger seat and the rear right passenger seat had strange creasing which I originally took as wear and tear, or perhaps sun damage ( if that was the case anyways they should have at least reduced the overall price of the car or just fixed it before selling it ) but after some research I realized it was a factory issue. The must have folded the leather while it was still moist while they were working with it, OR they didn't stretch the leather properly over the seating. From what I've heard on other car forums, they fixed it immediately with not cost to the customer; for example on a Chrysler 300.

Issue #2: The windshield wipers. Word for word I said this to myself after this problem occured and I quote this from another user, as I previously had an e90 in m family as well.

"Every car I have ever owned, I have been able to pull the windshield wiper mechanism (WWM) up off the windshield and stand it upright, while I do things like squeegee to clean the windshield, or scrape snow and ice off the windshield. It helps to be able to get the WWM up and out of the way, instead of holding it up with one hand and working with the other. My wife's E90, you can do that. Every car I've ever known, you can do that.

Not the F30, though. You can't lift up the WWM to stand upright because the hood is in the way:
http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps103aa091.gif (http://s983.photobucket.com/user/cha...aa091.gif.html)
Or, more exactly, you can stand up the WWM if you force it to rub against the hood, which would end up scratching it.
Does anyone have any idea why they designed it so you cannot easily stand up the WWM? This feels like a design flaw, but is there some advantage I'm not seeing? "

This stupid design created some ugly damage on my hood as well as this guy's^^ which I fear is in danger of corroding.

Sorry for the random misplaced post, I didn't know where to post this. Thank you all very much it means a lot to me, I am very heart broken
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 01:04 AM   #38
xit2050
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F30 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123rc123 View Post
Issue #2: The windshield wipers. Word for word I said this to myself after this problem occured and I quote this from another user, as I previously had an e90 in m family as well.
Well, if you would read your owner's manual, you would discover this is not correct.
Page 66.

Appreciate 0