F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > iDrive upgrade path?
Studio RSR

01-24-2022, 08:24 AM   #23
sspade
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jomigo View Post
Hey Salt101…..
I had success today installing the 453 screen. I reviewed again how you described you have the Magneti Headunit with Bluetooth connectivity and EntryNav/NBT HU and this sounds exactly like my setup. Take a look at my post here, maybe this would work for you? :
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=470
Where did you source your screen, definitely looking to do exactly as you have done.

Any reason this simple screen swap and coding would not work on my 2016 with NBT/EntryNav screen?

What sort of increased functionality do you get, besides the obvious aesthetics of the bigger/nicer screen? Currently mine wont even play DVD's... wondering if that will now be possible with the 8.8 display.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 02:30 PM   #24
jomigo
Rep
Drives: 2017 430i xDrive Gran Coupe MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
Where did you source your screen, definitely looking to do exactly as you have done.

Any reason this simple screen swap and coding would not work on my 2016 with NBT/EntryNav screen?

What sort of increased functionality do you get, besides the obvious aesthetics of the bigger/nicer screen? Currently mine wont even play DVD's... wondering if that will now be possible with the 8.8 display.
Ebay was my source.

Hard to say if this screen will work with your 2016 NBT/EntryNav. I would "think" so, but I had to do a lot of research on 2 things until I felt I had a solid replacement. I had to get the part numbers for my 6.5" screen and NBT headunit. Then fortunately there were a couple others who had essentially the same and I felt comfortable to make the swap.
What I found not to trust is "look it up on RealOEM". RealOEM did not reflect my exact set-up, it throws out a bunch of configuration options. I also had a January 2017 build, which was the LCI switch-over month I believe for the F36, so it's possible my situation is not the same as others and things were in flux that month.

What is your current screen part number? And do you know which part number of HU you have?
Appreciate 0