F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > F80 CONVERSION from F30! FULL as Interior & Exterior :D
ARMA SPEED

08-09-2018, 06:09 PM   #89
4everkidd
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 AY M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_E92 View Post
or maybe this is him living in his means. in other countries owning an M isnt as affordable as it is in the states.

and what about putting the m body on it because you like it? it's honestly sad to see people who own m3's saying things like "there's zero point"

or "you want others to think you have an M"

your not the OP, you didnt build his car, you have exactly no place in telling others what hes doing is for vanity. people build replicas all the time not for vanity.

food for thought:

maybe respect other people on the forums, rather than saying hes "burning the cash" when its OBVIOUS he really loves his car. and spent ALOT of time building it and making it his. the same as YOU DID.

if you dont have something helpfull ideally or informative at minimun, maybe keep your comment to yourself. its shitty posts like this that bloat the forum, and turn off other enthusiasts from joining.

I really liked your F80 build. but trashing on other peoples builds or trying to discredit their work... calling their bmw a lawnmower... -Rep in my book.
Stop wasting our time with your keyboard morals.
It's not an M, it never will be an M... End of story
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 06:11 PM   #90
YasF80_SLO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2018 Nissan Versa S  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everkidd View Post
Stop wasting our time with your keyboard morals.
It's not an M, it never will be an M... End of story
stop posting without reading. I didnt say it was an M. and I'm 100% aware its not.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 06:33 PM   #91
einscot
Banned
Rep
Drives: '17 f80 ZCP, '94 d90, '13 x5d

of course we can tell - don't kid yourself
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 06:50 PM   #92
mat9
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428i

Next mod should be should be an M8 badge on the 318i, to take the triggered insecure members into overdrive
Appreciate 4
      08-09-2018, 06:57 PM   #93
starbai
PPRSWCE
Guyana
Rep
Drives: 18 Tanzanite Blue F80 ZCP

I'm not hating on the work. It looks fantastic. I also understand why he wouldn't just 'buy an m3' given the tax situation in his country.

The only thing I cannot get on board with is the M3 badges. Take those off and its
Appreciate 1
F85Matt217.00
      08-09-2018, 07:20 PM   #94
F85Matt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M / 2018 M3 / 2002 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costello1991 View Post
Gotta love people who will do anything to make their cars look like what it isn't. Get that m3 badge outta here.
Kinda agree. Clean work, but don't badge it what it's not.
2020 X3M Comp | IND | Autoteckic | ?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 07:23 PM   #95
MachinesWithSouls
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [10.00]
I couldn't drive around in something that looks so good but is a let down each time you drive.

There isn't anything wrong with a 318. Lower it, put good rubber on it, add some boost...you have yourself a nice daily and a decent track car to learn on. F30s with M Sport Packs look good, add some CF trim and they look aggressive. You might not have a build that's as polarizing, but it would drive a helluva lot better, and isn't that the point?
      08-09-2018, 07:31 PM   #96
Sharp_Cai
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X4MC

it's the 21st century..people judge things by it looks. GOOD LOOKING M3!!!!
      08-09-2018, 07:36 PM   #97
Sharp_Cai
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by F85Matt View Post
Kinda agree. Clean work, but don't badge it what it's not.
He did all the work to make ppl think he drives a M3. of course he needs the M3 badge
      08-09-2018, 07:51 PM   #98
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

No engine mods or suspension mods?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 07:55 PM   #99
CalCarNut
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F36 Jet Black Sport Line

Garage List
From watching, it looks like tons of work went into it. Kudos.
      08-09-2018, 07:59 PM   #100
ProperBimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: 15 X5, 14 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProperBimmer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by awmenard View Post
Haters have to understand the back story, he can afford a real M3 but taxes, price an renewal fees for an M3 are ridiculous.

It's a project car like any other, slap some body parts and that's all.

Plus with his IG followers and YouTube channel I'm sure he's not paying much parts anymore.
So much hate here! Lol. People acting like in the grand scheme of things an m3 is not just a hopped up 3 series!!!! That's exactly what it is!! We're the idiots that pay 6 figures to drive f80's!!!

Love this guys projects, keep doing your thing brotha!!
Shit. You paid 6 figures for an F80\82? :

Mine was under 70k and it isn't a stripper
No brotha I definitely did not, but a lot of clowns on here do! In 15 years of bmw ownership I've never l, and will never, buy a new bmw from a dealership! Let the idiots take the initial hit and I'll scoop up an individual like I've done the past 3 years!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 08:02 PM   #101
M3JHWK
Nutter
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I'm not going to shit talk the OP, lot of passion and dedication clearly has gone into this. But I do think the M3 badge should go, only real thing that has me shaking my head a little.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 08:02 PM   #102
ProperBimmer
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy Rich View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Haters have to understand the back story, he can afford a real M3 but taxes, price an renewal fees for an M3 are ridiculous.

Plus with his IG followers and YouTube channel I'm sure he's not paying much parts anymore.
So much hate here! Lol. People acting like in the grand scheme of things an m3 is not just a hopped up 3 series!!!! That's exactly what it is!! We're the idiots that pay 6 figures to drive f80's!!!

It's all about living within your means; people do too much for vanity.

There's zero point to turning a lawn mower into an M body, other than because you want others to think you have an M.

Might as well just burn the cash.
I agree, but then again you sir are part of the 1% and literally can burn money!! Lol
I don't see the point in wasting hours doing this, but I respect his persistence!! Lol. At least it isn't stanced!!

(I'm still hoping for a clue as to what you do or who you are! Lol pm!!!). No hate or jealousy....to educate my children maybe, to consider alternate career paths....to inspire!! Off topic
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 08:02 PM   #103
Richy Rich
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 | MKIV Supra | Aventador S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_E92 View Post
or maybe this is him living in his means. in other countries owning an M isnt as affordable as it is in the states.

and what about putting the m body on it because you like it? it's honestly sad to see people who own m3's saying things like "there's zero point"

or "you want others to think you have an M"

your not the OP, you didnt build his car, you have exactly no place in telling others what hes doing is for vanity. people build replicas all the time not for vanity.

food for thought:

maybe respect other people on the forums, rather than saying hes "burning the cash" when its OBVIOUS he really loves his car. and spent ALOT of time building it and making it his. the same as YOU DID.

if you dont have something helpfull ideally or informative at minimun, maybe keep your comment to yourself. its shitty posts like this that bloat the forum, and turn off other enthusiasts from joining.

I really liked your F80 build. but trashing on other peoples builds or trying to discredit their work... calling their bmw a lawnmower... -Rep in my book.
I'm not reading this.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 08:03 PM   #104
LemonOne
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///Most Powerful Letter

That M3 badge does not belong to that 318i.

Take it off
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 08:06 PM   #105
Richy Rich
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There's zero point to turning a lawn mower into an M body, other than because you want others to think you have an M.

I agree, but then again you sir are part of the 1% and literally can burn money!! Lol
I don't see the point in wasting hours doing this, but I respect his persistence!! Lol. At least it isn't stanced!!

(I'm still hoping for a clue as to what you do or who you are! Lol pm!!!). No hate or jealousy....to educate my children maybe, to consider alternate career paths....to inspire!! Off topic
I understand this but my issue with it is, M3 is one of my favorite sedans ever created, especially the F80 — Powerbeast and I have this conversation all the time.

The F80 is a combination of its parts, not its aesthetic, that make the car what it is. If you aren't after the performance, why are you bothering with imitation?

At the end of the day it is as I said before, he wants people to think he spent $200k USD on his car, it isn't because he likes the M3 because he turned a base model car into an aesthetic unicorn.

Those of us that drive F80's don't do it because of the looks, sure it's an angry fucking car, but so is my aventador — I love mine because it's faster than my aventador, more nimble, and I can still fit 4 grown adults in it.

If you aren't interested in the performance aspect, you're simply a jester of the court to be blunt.
Appreciate 3
      08-09-2018, 08:11 PM   #106
ProperBimmer
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I understand this but my issue with it is, M3 is one of my favorite sedans ever created, especially the F80 — Powerbeast and I have this conversation all the time.

The F80 is a combination of its parts, not its aesthetic, that make the car what it is. If you aren't after the performance, why are you bothering with imitation?

At the end of the day it is as I said before, he wants people to think he spent $200k USD on his car, it isn't because he likes the M3 because he turned a base model car into an aesthetic unicorn.

Those of us that drive F80's don't do it because of the looks, sure it's an angry fucking car, but so is my aventador — I love mine because it's faster than my aventador, more nimble, and I can still fit 4 grown adults in it.

If you aren't interested in the performance aspect, you're simply a jester of the court to be blunt.
Shit I can't think of one word to say that could null any of your points there! All makes sense.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 08:12 PM   #107
ProperBimmer
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

On the other hand, no love for m4? Lol
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 08:13 PM   #108
Richy Rich
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

On the other hand, no love for m4? Lol
I bought my ex-wife an M4 for Christmas back in 2015, so it does have a bad taste in my mouth
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2018, 08:16 PM   #109
soobieajax325
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3, WRX, S1000RR

I understand the reasoning behind why the OP did it. But still, it’s eh. At least it’s your money and not mine haha
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 08:31 PM   #110
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Impressive build but it seems like a lot of time and money was put into place to turn the car into something that it isn't.

That money could have been put toward getting a 340 or a used ///M3.
Appreciate 0