F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover > FEELER: 2018 Individual 340xi 30K CPO M Sport Track Pkg (MD)
ARMA SPEED

07-03-2023, 12:24 PM   #1
kronusthebonus
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi / 2010 Lancer Evo X

FEELER: 2018 Individual 340xi 30K CPO M Sport Track Pkg (MD)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Not sure what to price this at, so I'm putting out a feeler thread.

2018 340i Xdrive Automatic Transmission
  • 30,200 miles, might creep up slowly, but I rarely drive it these days.
  • Individual Paint Black Grey (P60) from factory
  • CPO warranty until 3/2024
  • Track Handling Package, M Sport, Adaptive Suspension, etc..
  • Luxury Pkg, Convenience Pkg
  • Apple CarPlay activated
  • Harmon Kardon sound
  • Aluminum Hexagon trim
  • ~75% tread left on oem run-flat tires
  • 30% Tint
  • Clean CarFax, zero accidents.

I suspect it's been ceramic coated at one point because it's incredibly easy to clean and water beads up after a simple wash, though I have no real confirmation on that.

Bought the car with 7k miles CPO from BMW of Devon, PA.

I've got an offer in hand on purchase from a local dealership for $34K even, wasn't sure if it made sense to try to post this privately or not, but that expires in about 6 days.

Will post pics shortly

Appreciate 0
      07-03-2023, 05:26 PM   #2
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
It wouldn’t be a bad idea to go immediately and take that offer. I wonder how that dealer expects to sell the car for enough to make the offer he’s given you worth it. There’s no way he can get much profit out of that deal.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

07-05-2023, 07:20 AM   #3
2manybimmers
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Rebuilding the stable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
It wouldn’t be a bad idea to go immediately and take that offer. I wonder how that dealer expects to sell the car for enough to make the offer he’s given you worth it. There’s no way he can get much profit out of that deal.
Agreed. I would take the 34k and run
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2023, 05:01 PM   #4
derocknc
Rep
Drives: '18 340i 6MT, '14 Q50, '18 A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manybimmers View Post
Agreed. I would take the 34k and run
I'm not sure I agree on that. Maybe since I was only shopping for manual cars the pricing is slightly different but this car checks a lot of boxes with having both M Sport and Track Handling packages. I saw many cars with that combo and this few miles get sold before I could even arrange to go see them and they were priced higher than this one. Granted, they were manual cars. I'm assuming there is some premium there but it can't be that much can it?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2023, 05:26 PM   #5
2manybimmers
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by derocknc View Post
I'm not sure I agree on that. Maybe since I was only shopping for manual cars the pricing is slightly different but this car checks a lot of boxes with having both M Sport and Track Handling packages. I saw many cars with that combo and this few miles get sold before I could even arrange to go see them and they were priced higher than this one. Granted, they were manual cars. I'm assuming there is some premium there but it can't be that much can it?
You’re entitled to you own opinion but I don’t think any non 6MT cars aside from Canadian MPE’s warrant high prices anymore. Main reason is because BMW NA stopped manufacturing manuals in narrow body’s to force you to buy an M. Cheeky but smart. ZF8 is an incredible tranny for power and daily driving but there’s no balls with a ZF8. 6MT is bringing so much because even with premium it’s still at least 10k cheaper than a comparable M3.

That being said, in todays market almost no F30 340i’s should fetch above 35k unless it’s a 6MT ZHP. Plus money ain’t cheap to lend and book values have tanked over the last 8 months. Then again, there are people out there with a large down payment and a boner for a specific build. Once again my opinion- it’s my job to study the used car market so I have my finger on the pulse.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2023, 06:17 PM   #6
derocknc
Rep
Drives: '18 340i 6MT, '14 Q50, '18 A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manybimmers View Post
You’re entitled to you own opinion but I don’t think any non 6MT cars aside from Canadian MPE’s warrant high prices anymore. Main reason is because BMW NA stopped manufacturing manuals in narrow body’s to force you to buy an M. Cheeky but smart. ZF8 is an incredible tranny for power and daily driving but there’s no balls with a ZF8. 6MT is bringing so much because even with premium it’s still at least 10k cheaper than a comparable M3.

That being said, in todays market almost no F30 340i’s should fetch above 35k unless it’s a 6MT ZHP. Plus money ain’t cheap to lend and book values have tanked over the last 8 months. Then again, there are people out there with a large down payment and a boner for a specific build. Once again my opinion- it’s my job to study the used car market so I have my finger on the pulse.
Interesting. And you are right about the F80 M3. I had such a hard time finding a 6MT 340 that I broadened my search to the M3, which was way easier to find but still $15k+ more expensive in most cases, which I didn't want to justify. I actually wanted the B58 more than the S55. The F80 is probably the most beautiful BMW to exist, though, in my opinion.
Appreciate 1
      07-05-2023, 06:25 PM   #7
2manybimmers
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Interesting. And you are right about the F80 M3. I had such a hard time finding a 6MT 340 that I broadened my search to the M3, which was way easier to find but still $15k+ more expensive in most cases, which I didn't want to justify. I actually wanted the B58 more than the S55. The F80 is probably the most beautiful BMW to exist, though, in my opinion.
Right! Wish they threw the S58 in there and I’d be sold. Had a 15 M4 and the hub went at 21k miles so I don’t want another S55 haha
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2023, 10:24 PM   #8
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Yep, I think your value view is being swayed by your experience shopping for a manual. That $34k is on the high side of a private party deal. I’m really wondering what the dealer thinks he can sell that car for. Super small margin for the dealer. To the point where the risk for him is too large.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

07-05-2023, 10:49 PM   #9
SeattleLSB
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5, M50I

I’m interested what color is the interior?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2023, 12:58 AM   #10
Bnakegoblin
Rep
Drives: Buick Enclave

Interested here, would wanna take it for a test drive and PPI but based on the options you would listed Id match that 34k dealership offer

I’ll message again once you got pictures up
Appreciate 0