F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > MPE snap crackle pop stopped after recent service
Studio RSR

06-30-2018, 06:34 AM   #23
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1894 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by moff View Post
The snap crackle and pops are still there after the software update but the gunshots don't happen on demand anymore.

Also the rev range for noise has changed and the snap crackle and pop only occurs during 2k and 4k rpm
I've also discovered, since I last spoke about this, that when driving in 1st and 2nd and applying light throttle to climb revs around 5k , if you let off the throttle and then tap it lightly (immediately), it makes much louder pops and bangs than the usual 2-4K stuff.
Also try this.

Let off in 4th, don't touch the accelerator Dan then let off in 3rd and then into 2nd. Make sure the revs don't exceed 4k and don't drop below 2k. I can usually get a gun shot doing this.

Gone: 2019 X3M Competition, Toronto Red, Adelaide Grey.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 07:59 AM   #24
knallert
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i MT

Guys, regarding burbles/cracks/gunshots

Check my thread out and give that method a try.
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1512144
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 09:31 PM   #25
iPaki
Rep
Drives: 440i GC - 911 Targa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrola View Post
You definitely got a software update. Many people have complained of the exhaust being quieter after a dealer software update. I think with the newer software the only way to get the loud pops is to floor the throttle in 1st, 2nd or 3rd gear and let off at 5k+ RPM. This will also not work many times in rapid succession, I think they've implemented some kind of cooldown period before it starts to pop again. I know this sucks, but there's nothing you can do about it really.
I made a thread about this issue and it seems like this is exactly what's happening with mine. I wonder if BMW service would revert this. Besides liking the car the exhaust is what sold me on it when I purchased ir.
Appreciate 0