F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Black Friday Deals Thread
ARMA SPEED

12-03-2018, 02:59 PM   #89
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantox View Post
Have a look at the trailer
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/media

RSI was set up by Chris Roberts, developer of Wing Commander, Strike Commander etc. as a subscription development project. You can play in the Alpha release which is being updated almost every week, you just need to pledge for an entry level ship, $45.00 (£35ish). The ongoing project's been active since 2012 and has raised over $200 million so far. The project itself is interesting as well as the game. It most certainly will be taxing on the GPU.

Back to looking for that elusive BF deal!

Cheers

Q
Have you bought a card yet? I had problems with my purchase, it never turned up! Got to wait another 6 days before eBay will step in and give me a refund!

Anyway I saw this video and thought of you, looks like you need an RTX 2080TI for decent star citizen performance! Only £1100!

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 04:57 AM   #90
Quantox
Captain
Rep
Drives: 440iGC, CQ, Ivory White, MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Have you bought a card yet? I had problems with my purchase, it never turned up! Got to wait another 6 days before eBay will step in and give me a refund!

Anyway I saw this video and thought of you, looks like you need an RTX 2080TI for decent star citizen performance! Only £1100!

Not yet, still keeping an eye open for a deal. I saw that video last week (thanks) but had already experienced 12fps when I visited Lorville (in SC) which is currently the highest populated location in terms of assets, infrastructure etc. It's clear that I need an new card and am in the "next upgrade is only a bit more" loop. Stocks of 2080 Ti's are low and prices still high, the £1100 you quote is an OOS price. Best "in stock" price according to pcpartspicker is £1200 although there's an offer of £850 from Latvia currently on Ebay. Bit hesitant about any warranty or other issues with that though. Think I'll wait until Jan when the sales slow down happens but will KIT with prices in between. The RTX Titan is about to launch and may impact 2080 Ti pricing too. To put the £1100 into perspective, how much do golfers spend on kit and green fees each year? And if I needed to rebuild the engine/transmission in one of my vintage bikes that could easily amount to £3k. Only here once, I need to get on with it.
Sorry to hear of your abortive purchase, what are you going to buy now?

BTW, this new monitor is ace, 34" ultra-wide 3440x1440 120MHz refresh G-Sync. only £630.

Thanks for your interest.

Colin
      12-04-2018, 06:30 AM   #91
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Not yet, still keeping an eye open for a deal. I saw that video last week (thanks) but had already experienced 12fps when I visited Lorville (in SC) which is currently the highest populated location in terms of assets, infrastructure etc. It's clear that I need an new card and am in the "next upgrade is only a bit more" loop. Stocks of 2080 Ti's are low and prices still high, the £1100 you quote is an OOS price. Best "in stock" price according to pcpartspicker is £1200 although there's an offer of £850 from Latvia currently on Ebay. Bit hesitant about any warranty or other issues with that though. Think I'll wait until Jan when the sales slow down happens but will KIT with prices in between. The RTX Titan is about to launch and may impact 2080 Ti pricing too. To put the £1100 into perspective, how much do golfers spend on kit and green fees each year? And if I needed to rebuild the engine/transmission in one of my vintage bikes that could easily amount to £3k. Only here once, I need to get on with it.
Sorry to hear of your abortive purchase, what are you going to buy now?

BTW, this new monitor is ace, 34" ultra-wide 3440x1440 120MHz refresh G-Sync. only £630.

Thanks for your interest.

Colin
Good point about the cost if playing video games is your main interest, same with me spending on the car, I don't play golf or do anything else, cars are my main interest.

But I do think the price of the 2080 TI is hugely inflated due to it's earning potential as a bitcoin miner. If bitcoin mining didn't exist they'd be at least half the price. Same goes for the used 1080TI's, their price is being kept high, but so is my 1080 so the upgrade is only going to cost me about £100!

I've bought another 1080TI for £5 cheaper than the other one and it arrives today!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 11:10 AM   #92
Quantox
Captain
Rep
Drives: 440iGC, CQ, Ivory White, MPPSK

Quote:
Good point about the cost if playing video games is your main interest, same with me spending on the car, I don't play golf or do anything else, cars are my main interest.

But I do think the price of the 2080 TI is hugely inflated due to it's earning potential as a bitcoin miner. If bitcoin mining didn't exist they'd be at least half the price. Same goes for the used 1080TI's, their price is being kept high, but so is my 1080 so the upgrade is only going to cost me about £100!

I've bought another 1080TI for £5 cheaper than the other one and it arrives today!
That's a result then, hope it all works well.

Apparently the cryptocurrency mining market has recently collapsed and "should" result in lower GPU prices just as soon as the market adjusts. Fingers crossed. I do agree that a grand is a crazy price for a GPU however.

Cheers

Q
      12-04-2018, 11:13 AM   #93
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
That's a result then, hope it all works well.

Apparently the cryptocurrency mining market has recently collapsed and "should" result in lower GPU prices just as soon as the market adjusts. Fingers crossed. I do agree that a grand is a crazy price for a GPU however.

Cheers

Q
The 1080TI arrived, it looks great, not a spec of dust on it! Looking forward to trying it out in 4K on my new LG OLED later!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 01:53 PM   #94
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
The 1080TI arrived, it looks great, not a spec of dust on it! Looking forward to trying it out in 4K on my new LG OLED later!
I spoke too soon! The bloody card is faulty! One of the fans makes a loud clicking noise!

Think I’m just going to give up on 4K PC gaming
Appreciate 0