F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Avin USA 10.25 android system install DIY
proTUNING Freaks

08-30-2018, 11:22 AM   #2245
rutman286
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW X3 E83

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt2013 View Post
You could always disable the Music App via the Android settings if you do not use it. (Android settings -> Apps -> find MusicPlayer and -> Disable). I've done it before and the launcher seems to work fine. CAUTION: The MusicPlayer calls and starts the EventCenter service that enables Canbus control aka Media buttons etc.
See now that confuses me even more! I read earlier in this thread where guys were having luck with that... when I find MusicPlayer to disable it, "disable" is greyed out.

In your experience, does the unit tend to restart wherever you last left off? I feel like maybe mine isn't keeping memory when it shuts off? The time and date will not keep no matter what settings I try...

Last edited by rutman286; 08-30-2018 at 11:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 11:36 AM   #2246
patespatres
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30 325D

Hi

can anyone tell me how do I make my AVIN Unit gen2 7.1 android to work without ignition in position one

It would be very helpful for everybody I think. Cant seem to find the correct DIY for it

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 12:26 PM   #2247
kalinkamaen
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0 Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by patespatres View Post
Hi

can anyone tell me how do I make my AVIN Unit gen2 7.1 android to work without ignition in position one

It would be very helpful for everybody I think. Cant seem to find the correct DIY for it

Thank you
Wouldnt this drain the battery? Why do you want this, whats the advantage?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 01:08 PM   #2248
patespatres
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalinkamaen View Post
Mainly to listen to music when I get into my car without going anywhere.

sometimes at workplace when I have some time off I just go to my car and relax

but dont want to have the ignition on all the time
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 01:10 PM   #2249
patespatres
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalinkamaen View Post

On the standard bmw unit it worked when you just pressed the volume button but it doesnt with avin
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 01:26 PM   #2250
gt2013
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutman286 View Post
See now that confuses me even more! I read earlier in this thread where guys were having luck with that... when I find MusicPlayer to disable it, "disable" is greyed out.

In your experience, does the unit tend to restart wherever you last left off? I feel like maybe mine isn't keeping memory when it shuts off? The time and date will not keep no matter what settings I try...
That is indeed very strange, if it is greyed out it seems its a System App and cannot be disabled. Your only recourse at that point in time would be to root your device. I have noticed that it does not keep track of time during restarts, at least my unit does not. If you play around with the time settings, one of the settings reads the CanBus time and fixes that problem (I think it was called original time).
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 01:29 PM   #2251
gt2013
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 128i

Quote:
On the standard bmw unit it worked when you just pressed the volume button but it doesnt with avin

The unit is tied to the ignition. It has constant power from the battery but it has a switch that only activates when the ignition is on. On the other hand the stock i-drive has a different setup where it is tied to locking mechanism of the car and a auto-turn-off after x minutes.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 01:53 PM   #2252
rutman286
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt2013 View Post
That is indeed very strange, if it is greyed out it seems its a System App and cannot be disabled. Your only recourse at that point in time would be to root your device. I have noticed that it does not keep track of time during restarts, at least my unit does not. If you play around with the time settings, one of the settings reads the CanBus time and fixes that problem (I think it was called original time).
Thanks for getting back to me. The weird things is even "original time", which is indeed the setting they recommend, does not do it for me. The only setting that gets me by is sync with GPS, but ironically that does not honor daylight savings time, and it 1 hour off.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 02:21 PM   #2253
brikabrak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutman286 View Post
So I have been reading through as much of this thread as I can... forgive me if I missed where someone talked about this already. I use my Avin 10.5" primarily with CarPlay. If it helps, I just barely purchased it. It's for a BMW X3 E83. Just to give some of my own experience so far, the first unit I got was totally messed up electrically. Plugging in the "aux" cable caused my factory radio to shut off, GPS didn't work, and it couldn't keep the time to save its life. I finally got ahold of Tommy and he helped me exchange it. I now have a second unit installed, and all is well.

Has anyone figured out a way to set the unit up so it WILL NOT automatically open the "music" app every time you start the car? It drives me nuts! I don't necessarily have to get "autoplay" to open on its own every time, but just having the unit boot to the home menu instead of the "music" app would be awesome. I don't have iDrive, so having it boot into that menu doesn't really help either...
This is what I did...

1. Leave the music app as-is, but delete all the shitty sample music.

2. Assign Autoplay as the default navigation app in settings. Then you can just use the "Voice" steering wheel button to launch autoplay. (Even if the Avin starts on the old car side, the button will work and call autoplay and switch over)

3. (optional) Install Startup Manager Free - Set it to start the autoplay app at boot. This app also allows you to disable a ton of stuff that isn't needed and can speed up boot time.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...startupmanager
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 03:34 PM   #2254
kalinkamaen
Private
Rep

Quote:
With mine I can turn it on with ignition, and set the key back to 1 from 2 and it will stil play, until I disconnect keyfob.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 11:42 PM   #2255
rutman286
Registered
Rep

Have any of you guys messed with CarPlay and the built in microphone vs an external one? If you have an external one, which one did you get and how well does it work? Or does it work at all? I tried the internal one and it was awful. I tried a PowerDeWise external lapel mic next and it was marginally better, but not very good either.... what is your experience?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2018, 11:39 PM   #2256
xzerograv3
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 N20

Quote:
Originally Posted by koutsouk View Post
pm sent orion7

play with settings and you will find the solutions about idrive etc.
Would you mind sharing? In need of the MCU update.nbd - in a similar situation!

I can't seem to find any links, and Avin has been of 0 response.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2018, 01:06 PM   #2257
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G21 330e MSport Individual

Does anyone have a PX3 file of the AVIN software?
There seems to be some difference in the carplay support with the other units but I really doubt if its true.
3rd party app support for the idrive knob is said to be working for AVINs 7.1 but not for others??
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 05:22 AM   #2258
gusestrella
Rep
Drives: 428i 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRuw View Post
Does anyone have a PX3 file of the AVIN software?
There seems to be some difference in the carplay support with the other units but I really doubt if its true.
3rd party app support for the idrive knob is said to be working for AVINs 7.1 but not for others??
I have the avin 7.1 and the knob control has never worked. I have gotten ZERO support or even responses from them - let alone any software.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 09:43 AM   #2259
Alex_BMW335d
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d GT

Hi all, new user here just installed AVIN 7.1 today. Everything seems to work fine just a few small inconveniences which maybe you can help me solve:

1. on original menu screen (I had the 6.5 monitor) how can I get rid of those ridiculous icons for fuel, speed and seat belts? this is totally useless and spoils an otherwise pleasant design. Better even would be to reformat to allow full screen and centered view without distortions...
2. is there a way to reprogram the buttons (as done for the Navigation)? I don't use native music or video so would love to program these to link me to Spotify and Netflix :-)
3. is there a way to turn off the rear view camera screen when in reverse?
4. I keep reading about software updates, where can I get these?

That is all for now :-)
Grateful for any reply and quick fix that can be provided.

Ciao, Alex.

Last edited by Alex_BMW335d; 09-06-2018 at 09:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 09:49 AM   #2260
Bosley
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 116d 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_BMW335d View Post
Hi all, new user here just installed AVIN 7.1 today. Everything seems to work fine just a few small inconveniences which maybe you can help me solve:

1. on original NBT screen how can I get rid of those rediculous icons for fuel, speed and seatbelts? this is totally useless and ruins the otherwise pleasant graphics.
2. is there a way to reprogram the bottons (as done for the Navigation)? I don't use native music or video so would love to program these to link me to Spotify and Netflix :-)
3. is there a way to turn off the rear view camera screen when in reverse?
4. I keep reading about software updates, where can I get these?

That is all for now :-)
Grateful for any reply and quick fix that can be provided.

Ciao, Alex.
Ciao Alex,

1. You should be able to modify it in factory setting > car type;
2. Unfortunately it's not possible;
3. Sorry, maybe I misunderstood.. You don't have the camera, but when you insert the reverse the screen changes? If so, maybe in the settings you can decide with camera you have and set "none";
4. Can't help you with Avin's update, sorry, I got it from another reseller.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 10:21 AM   #2261
Alex_BMW335d
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosley View Post
Ciao Alex,

1. You should be able to modify it in factory setting > car type;
2. Unfortunately it's not possible;
3. Sorry, maybe I misunderstood.. You don't have the camera, but when you insert the reverse the screen changes? If so, maybe in the settings you can decide with camera you have and set "none";
4. Can't help you with Avin's update, sorry, I got it from another reseller.
Hey Bosley - the menu settings in 'factory setting > car type' stretch the menu when I select the full screen mode basically ruining the graphics! am I missing something?

As per the reprogramming of the existing buttons this is really a shame! why lock users into such restricting setup...?
Appreciate 1
Rathian153.50
      09-07-2018, 01:12 AM   #2262
Bosley
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 116d 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_BMW335d View Post
Hey Bosley - the menu settings in 'factory setting > car type' stretch the menu when I select the full screen mode basically ruining the graphics! am I missing something?
Just try other available options, even if it's not exactly your car model, at least one of them must work!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2018, 09:52 AM   #2263
kalinkamaen
Private
Rep

Some one here that have managed to recover from Bootloop on 7.1 unit.
Have tried to use SD_Firmware_Tool with original firmware, without success.
Anyone please!!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 08:49 AM   #2264
kalinkamaen
Private
Rep

Some one knows how to enter recovery mode without android system. Managed to control recovery mode with wireless keyboard.

Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 12:33 PM   #2265
Wooju
Rep
Drives: 5 series F10

Hello,
I have a non Avin screen and have just put it in my F10. I have an issue with the screen turning on without the ignition. When i press the radio button, screen does not come on, but the radio does. It only comes on if i turn the ignition first. Did anyone had similar issue and know how to resolve it?
Thanks very much in advance.

Last edited by Wooju; 09-09-2018 at 05:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 11:42 PM   #2266
s1eepwa1ker
Russia
Rep
Drives: X1 e84

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien78 View Post
The unit should be the right one.
The green and purple cables are right wired.
Can C and X1 not used I think, for specific models.
The audio one need to be connected to AUX in.
They are used for X1 E84. Can C instead Can A. And X1 cable for IDrive knob.
Appreciate 0