F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Folding Mirrors Coding - HELP!!
Extreme Powerhouse

04-22-2018, 09:18 PM   #67
Salty B.
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i 6MT MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Majority of coding takes affect immediately. A few, like coding trunk on early firmware, take up to 30 minutes to work.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The BT audio didn't work right away. I gave up on it for the night and to my surprise the next morning it worked. I coded the mirrors yesterday and didn't drive today so we'll see what happens once the weather gets better.
      04-22-2018, 09:20 PM   #68
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Badger View Post
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The BT audio didn't work right away. I gave up on it for the night and to my surprise the next morning it worked. I coded the mirrors yesterday and didn't drive today so we'll see what happens once the weather gets better.
For BT, sometimes you have to unpair and repair devices. It should not have taken 24 hours to take effect.

If using Cheat Codes for mirrors, make sure to "Review" as functions move around.
Appreciate 1
soncar0.00
      04-27-2018, 09:20 PM   #69
Salty B.
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i 6MT MSport

Garage List
As I didn't alter the folding delay, I didn't know that holding the lock/roundel button down for 2-3 seconds would fold the mirrors after this coding. It woiks! Unfolds on pressing the unlock button as well.
      05-15-2018, 02:53 PM   #70
Steph71
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 420D MSport Convertible

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMD29 View Post
You should be able to code it if you have the folding mirror button on the door.
Try these settings:

FEM_BODY 3053 KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB aktiv from nicht_aktiv
FEM_BODY 3053 KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_PA aktiv >default=aktiv
FEM_BODY / 3053 / KOMFORTOEFFNUNG_FB from nicht_aktiv to aktiv
FEM_BODY / 3053 /KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN werte from 0F (15x100ms) to 00.

FEM_BODY 3110 ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN aktiv from nicht_aktiv
FEM_BODY 3110 ASP_GESCHWINDIGKEIT_AUTO_AUSKLAPPEN 14 (20km/h)>default 28 (40km/h) Changes the speed at which the side mirrors will auto-unfold. (Value in HEX
FEM_BODY 3110 ASP_MAX_GESCHWINDIGKEIT_BEIKLAPPEN FF (255km)>default 14 (20km/h) Max speed the mirrors will fold. (Value in HEX)

FEM_BODY / 3110 / ASP_AUSKLAPPEN_NACH_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN from nicht_aktiv to aktiv
I admit defeat. Just spent near on 2 hours following these instructions and still the damn things won't fold with the fob. Looks like a trip to the dealership and getting them to do it. Frustrating

Last edited by Steph71; 05-15-2018 at 03:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2018, 05:06 PM   #71
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph71 View Post
I admit defeat. Just spent near on 2 hours following these instructions and still the damn things won't fold with the fob. Looks like a trip to the dealership and getting them to do it. Frustrating
Dealerships will not do it. Are you sure you have correct hardware for function? Based on your region, no coding would be necessary.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2018, 05:14 PM   #72
Steph71
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Dealerships will not do it. Are you sure you have correct hardware for function? Based on your region, no coding would be necessary.
It's a F33 (2017 build), with elec folding mirrors with the control button on the inside of the drivers door, but it doesn't have Comfort Access.

I'm using Bimmercodes app with a Vgate 2 wifi OBD and have made the in app purchase to unlock the features.

I'm a complete novice coding but had some success coding other things in the car (mirror lights on with reverse, video in motion...etc) so I'm fairly confident in expert mode.

I got them to fold once with the fob after coding, but the code I used ended up deactivating the folding roof function on the switch inside the car (the fob doesn't fold the roof) so rolled back to the back-up in Bimmercodes.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2018, 05:18 PM   #73
TCZ4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i Convertible

From all of the posts gathered so far, there is no way to code on an F33 to have the mirrors fold via keyfob correct? They only way is to deactivate the folding roof (which we obviously wouldn't want). Has ANYONE been successful in coding the folding mirrors on a convertible? I have a 428i and have had no luck, using all of the knowledge in this and many other threads.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2018, 07:55 PM   #74
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
It's a F33 (2017 build), with elec folding mirrors with the control button on the inside of the drivers door, but it doesn't have Comfort Access.

I'm using Bimmercodes app with a Vgate 2 wifi OBD and have made the in app purchase to unlock the features.

I'm a complete novice coding but had some success coding other things in the car (mirror lights on with reverse, video in motion...etc) so I'm fairly confident in expert mode.

I got them to fold once with the fob after coding, but the code I used ended up deactivating the folding roof function on the switch inside the car (the fob doesn't fold the roof) so rolled back to the back-up in Bimmercodes.
Ok. Now I understand why it is not working.

I assume you tried this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunaat
Hello guys. I have a F33 and finally Solved the problem about folding mirrors with key fob.
You must do the same as almaretto says and and:
FEM BODY 3053 FH CABRIO VERDECK MODULE. Change aktiv to NICHT AKTIV.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 03:16 AM   #75
Steph71
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunaat View Post
Hello guys. I have a F33 and finally Solved the problem about folding mirrors with key fob.
You must do the same as almaretto says and and:
FEM BODY 3053 FH CABRIO VERDECK MODULE. Change aktiv to NICHT AKTIV.
Yes, tried this, and the mirrors foilded with the fob, but just like Nunaat, I found that doing so stopped the cabrio roof working with the switch inside the car.

There must be a further link between the two codes but I don't know waht else to try.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 12:00 PM   #76
ubalcha
Spain
Rep
Drives: F33

Quote:

Google Translation

I have an F33 from the end of 2016, December and without access control
I coded so that the mirrors could be folded with the control and also the windows could be opened and closed with it.
It suits me very well, because you can fold the mirrors when you leave the car parked and is less exposed to unexpected encounters, to open the windows on hot days and a little air before entering, facilitates the entrance because if the window is up with that superportion that has almost got you in the throat especially if you're parked in battery and you can not open it at all. To raise the windows if you have closed the car and you have left one or several windows open and that if you do not have this option you have to return to open the car give the contanto and close them.
In order that I see this coding very useful.
But look where, after having made this coding, a great day arrives and I start to open the roof and I give the command that is located in the armrest and the roof does not open. Well, I tell myself, I know what happens, I have not lowered the tray of the trunk.
I lower myself, I check that the tray is lowered and anchored and I give it back to the command to open the roof and it does not work either.
Well, I'll have to reverse all this decoding that until I got the roof so many joys had given me.
I was leaving, I guess because of laziness.
One day, I do not know why, I lowered the windows with the button that lowers the four windows at the same time and I do not know why, I give the button to open the roof and it starts to open.
So right now I have the coding of the folding mirrors with the knob, open and close the windows with the knob having it pressed until they open or close completely and I can open the roof.
The roof opening is not automatic as it was before coding, but it can be opened
To open or close it, you have to lower the windows at least halfway through, the four windows and you can already hit the roof opening or closing button to act.
If you go to close the roof and it does not work and you see that your window is down, do not panic, look to see if the other three are down at least halfway.
It has happened to me and scared, until I realized.

Well, go bricklaying.
If somebody has served him phenomenally
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 06:03 PM   #77
MYF33
Registered
Rep
Drives: F33 Convertible

I definitely have done the coding method from Almmareto, and it’s works very well on my F33 convertible from 2015 with electrical side mirrors and no access comfort,. You really have the switch of the FEM BODY 3053 FH CABRIO VERDECK MODULE for have the electrical mirrors side mirrors up and down with your car keys, and for the rest see just this post explaining from Ulbacha everything you need to know, amazing thanks.
My configura: thanks Ammareto,
FEM_BODY 3053 KOMFORTOEFFNUNG_FB aktiv
FEM_BODY 3053 KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB aktiv
FEM_BODY 3053 KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_PA aktiv
FEM_BODY 3110 ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN aktiv
FEM_BODY 3110 ASP_AUSKLAPPEN_NACH_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN aktiv

+ If you want to decrease initiation delay

FEM_BODY 3053 KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN werte = 00
FEM BODY 3053 FH CABRIO VERDECK MODULE
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2019, 01:17 PM   #78
efrancis1409
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328I F30

Does anyone know if you can set the distance the mirrors fold? My passenger mirror folds in too much and actually rubs against the plastic on the outside of the car resulting in an annoying creaking/rubbing sound whenever I fold my mirrors.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2019, 11:46 AM   #79
contracts34
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 Series F33

F33 key fob coding

Quote:
As long as you have driver's door button, you can code windows & mirrors via keyFOB.
Hi Almaretto
Thanks for all the great info in this thread, it has helped me get 90% of the way there. The only thing left is to find a way to code so the key fob folds the mirrors without disabling my roof switch in the centre console. Any thoughts welcomed

Last edited by contracts34; 04-27-2019 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 04:32 PM   #80
topracer
Weekend Driver
Rep
Drives: N/A

Question

Quote:
Yes, tried this, and the mirrors foilded with the fob, but just like Nunaat, I found that doing so stopped the cabrio roof working with the switch inside the car.

There must be a further link between the two codes but I don't know waht else to try.
I am also trying to code the folding mirrors on a 2018 F33 430i with Comfort Access. Wanted to lock the car with the top down and mirror folded. While holding the lock button on the remote, the car would lock and mirror would fold, but at the same time the trunk opens and roof is also trying to close. Tried setting 3053 FH CABRIO VERDECK MODULE to nicht_aktiv, which produced the desire result. But like others have experienced, the top became not operational at all.

Any solutions or settings to delay the roof?
      05-04-2019, 12:48 AM   #81
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by contracts34 View Post
Hi Almaretto
Thanks for all the great info in this thread, it has helped me get 90% of the way there. The only thing left is to find a way to code so the key fob folds the mirrors without disabling my roof switch in the centre console. Any thoughts welcomed
No, sorry, I do not have a solution for cabrios.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 04:04 PM   #82
contracts34
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
No, sorry, I do not have a solution for cabrios.
Very frustrating but thanks anyway
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 02:22 PM   #83
luckstr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: White BMW440i Hardtop Converti

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
Did you try holding down the lock button for a few seconds?
FYI. Can't hold down on locking with FOB for too long on Convertible or else top opens/closes (with Comfort Access).
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 10:50 AM   #84
contracts34
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by contracts34 View Post
Very frustrating but thanks anyway
Another frustrating thing I've discovered is that with the 3053 FH CABRIO VERDECK MODULE to nicht_aktiv,coded to inaktiv (which disables the cabrio roof switch but allows mirrors to fold/unfold on key fob lock/unlock) if I open all the windows, the roof can be opened/closed from the switch!!!

There must be some connection with the window switch/roof switch/mirror fold, but I'm damned if I can find what it is.

Any techies out there looking for a challenge

Last edited by contracts34; 05-21-2019 at 10:53 AM.. Reason: update
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 08:00 AM   #85
agilbert314
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 328i xDrive Sport 2013

Folding mirrors VO coding

Anyone knows which ECUs should be VO coded when adding 430 to the FA?

I prefer VO coding versus fiddling with the FDL editor.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 04:32 AM   #86
KingpinRCR
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F30 320d ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by agilbert314 View Post
Anyone knows which ECUs should be VO coded when adding 430 to the FA?

I prefer VO coding versus fiddling with the FDL editor.
Only FEM_body
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2020, 12:34 PM   #87
bmwf30lucas
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: bmw f30 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingpinRCR View Post
Only FEM_body
Hi all.

Just done power folding mirrors on my car , after connect all cables and coding , still not working , was messing around couple of hours and find out it work from the fob but not from the switch in drivers door .

I added 430 to Fa also coded

FEM_BODY 3053 KOMFORTOEFFNUNG_FB aktiv
FEM_BODY 3053 KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB aktiv
FEM_BODY 3053 KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_PA aktiv
FEM_BODY 3110 ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN aktiv
FEM_BODY 3110 ASP_AUSKLAPPEN_NACH_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN aktiv

I have to code last 3 , as first two was already aktiv

After scan it with ISTA , it shows a fault :
switch block on driver door wrong type installed
Exterior mirror Left/Right (LIN) unexpected Lin -slave

Is there a few types of switches , or just two, with or without button to fold mirrors .... i change it for one with switch , not sure if that has to be coded now ???

Any ideas ???

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 11:45 AM   #88
Nicopot
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 435d f33

435d convertible 2017

I don’t have CA, but electric folding mirrors, trying to setup to fold automatically by keyfob, when opening closing the car. I tried BimmerCode and all settings, but it doesn’t fold, any suggestions?
Appreciate 0