F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > AWRON DGA Display system installation DIY - So cool!
proTUNING Freaks

03-27-2019, 08:24 AM   #1
BMW DIY Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
AWRON DGA Display system installation DIY - So cool!

Howdy all!

I wanted to share my latest installation work, with the AWRON DGA display system into my F32. This replaces one of your center vents with their OLED performance display, and candidly I wanted one of these the moment I saw it. It pulls dozens of stats off the car, runs 1/4 mile info, gives manual exhaust flap control and even active CEL delete! (YES! My yellow CEL light is gone!)

I am just really impressed.. this is going to be a really cool addition to the car, and will provide performance data really simply. What I like about it is the elegance of their design.

They clearly put a lot of time into this... the connections to the electronics module are well thought out and designed, and the display looks OEM in color and layout.

I am really impressed and cannot wait to use this more.. as I get more familiar with the display, I will put up a followup functionality review video.

Any questions let me know!

'Lillith' F87 M2 Competition Build Thread
Appreciate 1
eleven11371.50
      03-28-2019, 06:13 PM   #2
eleven11
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: -F85 X5M-

Awesome. Thanks for sharing!
2011 135i Coupe - Retired
2007 335i Sedan - Retired
Appreciate 1
      03-29-2019, 12:02 AM   #3
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven11 View Post
Awesome. Thanks for sharing!
Be aware that these (as well as other items connected to ODB) interfere with tune flashing etc.
Appreciate 1
ronanz1819.50
      03-29-2019, 03:24 AM   #4
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Be aware that these (as well as other items connected to ODB) interfere with tune flashing etc.
Awron has a selection for Active/Passive mode under settings

Before flashing all you need to do is go into settings & set to Passive mode & all will be fine

Curiously, having the Awron in Active mode does not hinder tech from doing Emissions test while plugged into OBD
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 2
IK6SPEED4488.00
      03-29-2019, 08:52 AM   #5
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Quote:

Before flashing all you need to do is go into settings & set to Passive mode & all will be fine

Curiously, having the Awron in Active mode does not hinder tech from doing Emissions test while plugged into OBD
A number of software versions of the Awron Gauge still need to be disconnected from circuit or they cause an issue.

As has been noted in other forums, getting any help from Awron Support, much less updated software, is about as easy as getting court seats at the NCAA March Madness Finals.
Appreciate 1
1QuikWS61621.50
      03-29-2019, 10:23 AM   #6
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
A number of software versions of the Awron Gauge still need to be disconnected from circuit or they cause an issue.

As has been noted in other forums, getting any help from Awron Support, much less updated software, is about as easy as getting court seats at the NCAA March Madness Finals.
TBH, my Awron was one of those with the outdated software that did not have the provision for Active/Passive mode in the settings menu.

Interesting enough, I contacted them with the problem, guy knew just what I needed and emailed me the new software update with instructions within the hr - so my experience with them was good

I didn't even buy the unit from them, bought it off a forum member
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 1
      03-29-2019, 12:41 PM   #7
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

TBH, my Awron was one of those with the outdated software that did not have the provision for Active/Passive mode in the settings menu.

Interesting enough, I contacted them with the problem, guy knew just what I needed and emailed me the new software update with instructions within the hr - so my experience with them was good

You got a response from their support?

You should have played the $750M lottery this week!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2019, 02:54 PM   #8
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You got a response from their support?

You should have played the $750M lottery this week!
I did - won $4

Think I'll retire
Appreciate 1
      03-29-2019, 03:45 PM   #9
BMW DIY Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Good feedback yall… and yeah, I ran my MHD logging and Active tune flashing just yesterday, and putting into passive mode resolved any issues.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 11:17 AM   #10
jack2829
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330E M Sport

Hi Guys,

I’m having some issues with my unit.

The boost is not showing alongside exhaust temp, intake temp, and rail pressure.

I’m sure all connectors are in order, i’ve even revised the con 10 blue wire to the con 8 pin 53 slot since my car is the lci version that doesn’t come with the con 10 pin 3.

Been trying to get a hold of awron support via email/phone but they seemed to be illusive.

Would really appreciate some help here.

F30 330e (B48)
Awron Details:
SN 0000001836
ECU id: F1810
FWR : D50
APL: 4.3

Thanks
Cheers
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 08:34 PM   #11
BMW DIY Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack2829 View Post
Hi Guys,

I’m having some issues with my unit.

The boost is not showing alongside exhaust temp, intake temp, and rail pressure.

I’m sure all connectors are in order, i’ve even revised the con 10 blue wire to the con 8 pin 53 slot since my car is the lci version that doesn’t come with the con 10 pin 3.

Been trying to get a hold of awron support via email/phone but they seemed to be illusive.

Would really appreciate some help here.

F30 330e (B48)
Awron Details:
SN 0000001836
ECU id: F1810
FWR : D50
APL: 4.3

Thanks
Cheers
I would say try them on Facebook too.. I got a quick response through the messenger when talking with awron.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2019, 11:44 AM   #12
jack2829
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330E M Sport

Great will try
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2019, 09:08 AM   #13
david51
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: bmw M3 F80

Garage List
Hi
I wanted to buy it too but I have a preference on the model
AK motion that has more function and has more setting parameters and much less expensive with updates.
presentation style gps nbt

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1618106
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 04:18 PM   #14
tomppa
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by david51 View Post
Hi
I wanted to buy it too but I have a preference on the model
AK motion that has more function and has more setting parameters and much less expensive with updates.
presentation style gps nbt
Looks interesting
I wonder if it works with diesel? Website lists (all?) F30, but I've seen so many things not available for our beloved smoke-machines...
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 08:18 PM   #15
david51
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: bmw M3 F80

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomppa View Post
Looks interesting
I wonder if it works with diesel? Website lists (all?) F30, but I've seen so many things not available for our beloved smoke-machines...

you can ask the seller directly here

http://shop.ak-motion.com/de/16-modelle
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 08:28 AM   #16
tomppa
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by david51 View Post
you can ask the seller directly here

http://shop.ak-motion.com/de/16-modelle
It works! And they answered in 2 minutes
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 03:32 PM   #17
BabyHannibal
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW ///M235i & E36 ///M3

I have an ///M235i and my Awron is merely 2 months old and has been unplugged for most of it.

I am having the same problem, when i connect my ENET cable to OBD2 then my Awron goes into service mode.

However if i connect my Dimsport to diagnose anf flash then the Awron DOES NOT go into service mode.

Because use of my Dimsport is imperative i have subsequently unplugged it from the rear of the vent until i come up with a solution.

I would very much like to use what i paid for as it is awesome.

I have tried contacting Awron Germany, multiple emails and phone calls, never an answer or reply, i am shocked at their customer service.

how do you put the guage into passive mode?

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP i am desperate?

i cant find this in settings anywhere.

maybe i need to update mine.
where do i get the latest file for update and how do i update?

apologies for all the questions but contacting Awron is NO help WHATSOEVER!!!

BabyHannibal

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 03:34 PM   #18
BabyHannibal
South Africa
Rep

BabyHannibal

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 03:44 PM   #19
BMW DIY Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyHannibal View Post
I have an ///M235i and my Awron is merely 2 months old and has been unplugged for most of it.

I am having the same problem, when i connect my ENET cable to OBD2 then my Awron goes into service mode.

However if i connect my Dimsport to diagnose anf flash then the Awron DOES NOT go into service mode.

Because use of my Dimsport is imperative i have subsequently unplugged it from the rear of the vent until i come up with a solution.

I would very much like to use what i paid for as it is awesome.

I have tried contacting Awron Germany, multiple emails and phone calls, never an answer or reply, i am shocked at their customer service.

how do you put the guage into passive mode?

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP i am desperate?

i cant find this in settings anywhere.

BabyHannibal
Go into the AWRON setting themselves through the steering wheel control, and set into passive mode. I do the same when I run my MHD logging for my tune.

Easy fix.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 03:49 PM   #20
BabyHannibal
South Africa
Rep

My settings does not have this.

Does that mean that my software is outdated?

I just dont understand why it would go into service mode with ENET cable and its not even plugged into the computer.
but with the Dimsport cable nothing.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW DIY Guy View Post
Go into the AWRON setting themselves through the steering wheel control, and set into passive mode. I do the same when I run my MHD logging for my tune.

Easy fix.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 03:51 PM   #21
BMW DIY Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
The differences in the cable I dont know.. though I wil say my ENET cable has a two position switch on it.. one position works fine and talks with my phone, the second it doesnt unless the AWRON is in passive mode.

I would say what 1QuikWS6 said.. sounds like a software update. Try them on facebook, I got a response there quickly. They are in Germany so adjust timing accordingly.
Appreciate 1
1QuikWS61621.50
      06-20-2019, 04:58 PM   #22
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyHannibal View Post
My settings does not have this.

Does that mean that my software is outdated?

I just dont understand why it would go into service mode with ENET cable and its not even plugged into the computer.
but with the Dimsport cable nothing.....
Yes, if that option is not available in your settings menu then your software is out of date - you will need to contact Awron for the new firmware files which they will email to you in zip file with instructions on how to load into your unit.

You will need to plug into the USB cable on your unit to program so hopefully you didn't bury it behind the dash

> Any time you want to flash the car you will need to set Awron into Passive/Invisible Mode because you can't have (2) items communicating on Can Bus line @ same time

> However, no need to set the gage to Passive mode when taking car into dealer where they will be plugging into your OBD port - in that case the gage will automatically go into Service Mode and allow communication

Don't ask me what the hell the difference is, he didn't go into great details. But that is prolly what you are seeing when plugging in your ENET cable

To contact Awron:

Ante Ivanovic
Business Development Manager

AWRON GmbH

Olschewskibogen 8

80935 München

Email: ante.ivanovic@awron.de

He will reply & ask you to send a pic back to him of your settings menu screen. On header of screen is listed your current firmware rev.

This was mine which was outdated

Appreciate 1