F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > F3x Reversing Camera - a simpler idea
Extreme Powerhouse

05-12-2019, 07:59 AM   #1
cjn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 F40 M135iX

F3x Reversing Camera - a simpler idea

I'm not suggesting that this is an intrinsically better option than the full OEM setup, but it does have the benefits of being considerably less expensive and simpler to install, with no coding required.

I bought mine in the UK, but this kit is probably available elsewhere:
https://www.in-car-install.co.uk/rev...amera-kit.html
(NOTE: I have no connection with this supplier)

It came complete, including the control module that connects into the HU via the quadlock, all cables, and the replacement boot lid handle with inbuilt camera. Installation took about half a day, with a lunch break, and most of the effort was in removing and replacing internal trim. The supplier's 3-page instructions were adequate and are downloadable before purchase, on request.

Compared with the OEM setup, the only obvious difference is the lack of an on-screen menu, but I can't see much benefit in the missing options. The rear PDC markers are provided. I don't know about the relative quality of the video but it's good enough for me.
Appreciate 0