F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > BootMod3 GOT DME TAMPER CODE
Studio RSR

03-21-2018, 09:52 AM   #1
drivef30
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' 340i xDrive M-Sport

BootMod3 GOT DME TAMPER CODE

I installed bm3 a couple days ago and got a DME tamper code that wont go away with multiple reflashes. Does anyone know how to remove this code?

Bootmod3 support isnt much help and very unresponsive at the time. I need to take my car in for service and dont want them knowing I flashed my car.

Bm3 support hasnt replied in a couple days, and their first reply was to try flashing to stock. Which didnt remove the code.

Last edited by drivef30; 03-27-2018 at 12:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 10:04 AM   #2
Domotron
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328xi M-Sport

I dont know if you done this yet but flash it back to stage 2 map and then reset your ECU via disconnecting negative post on the battery.. see if that does anything .. just a thought.. EDIT: reason why i said that its because my Lexus IS only clears engine codes by doing that .. normal scanner tools dont clear them.
      03-21-2018, 10:22 AM   #3
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domotron View Post
I dont know if you done this yet but flash it back to stage 2 map and then reset your ECU via disconnecting negative post on the battery.. see if that does anything .. just a thought.. EDIT: reason why i said that its because my Lexus IS only clears engine codes by doing that .. normal scanner tools dont clear them.
You are correct. Simply disconnect your ground on your battery, move the key away at least 20ft and let it sit for 20 min at least. I did this for about 30 min and mine was removed.

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 1
Domotron149.00
      03-21-2018, 12:06 PM   #4
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Hi, I believe we already spoke about it this morning. Steps above are great, battery ground wire had to be removed for 30secs after flashing and clearing codes to have it go away. You may need to clear after that as well. Usually it won't stay or need this but we've seen it needed on one earlier model M5 done by our dealer Miami Performance in Florida just a few weeks ago.

There are also two ways to flash to Stock. You can just flash the stock tune and leave the dme unlocked. This is for example if you wish to just run a stock tune for some reason (baselining on the dyno, letting wife, or, a really good friend drive the car LOL!). The other way is to flash stock using the 'revert to stock and lock dme' option. This will flash stock just like the first option but it will also lock the dme removing any chances of tamper code showing.

Having said all that, BMW has a number of ways of testing the car for tuning as we've mentioned in the past EVEN if you pull the original DME you have, never touch it, and tune with a different one Other ECUs in the car, and there's around 30 of them depending on the model, store data. They can find traces of tuning it in the dash ECU (speed limit crossed for example), transmission ECU (higher than normal torque values for instance), etc. There's no 100% way of being invisible really especially if something expensive needs to be warrantied and that goes for any tunes, flash and piggyback, and hardware mods on the car. No one cares about it though much unless you're making a warranty claim, and then they go digging.
Appreciate 4
anotheran389.00
Domotron149.00
drivef30111.00
      03-21-2018, 12:52 PM   #5
drivef30
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' 340i xDrive M-Sport

I will definitely be giving it a shot. I made this post prior to the response. But will update on here. Thanks for the help, hopefully all will be resolved soon
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 09:22 AM   #6
AM Jahan
Rep
Drives: X3, F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivef30 View Post
I will definitely be giving it a shot. I made this post prior to the response. But will update on here. Thanks for the help, hopefully all will be resolved soon
Hi

Did you succeed to resolve the DME Tampering fault code after bootmod3 flashing in your car? If so, Please kindly describe your solution to us.

Regard
Appreciate 0