F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > bootmod3 update - Additional and **FREE** OTS maps for N55-EWG (Stage 0+ M2)
Vorsteiner

12-10-2018, 03:50 PM   #23
JaredG_F30
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i, M-Sport, Manual

Yeah do some networking. You can sometimes find a cool SA in local automotive FB groups or by using the regional forums here.

2014 F30 335i, M-Sport, 6MT, V801s, custom exhaust, CTS Turbo Intake & IC, FTP CP, VRSF DP, TMS Strut Brace, BM3 Stg 2, 381 whp, 429 wtq (waiting for install: GFB DV+) Next: Ohlins R&T, M Performance LSD, M Performance Brake Kit
SPI Films Blog/DIY Vids
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 07:00 PM   #24
Finny
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 F32 435i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dor1angray View Post
bootmod3 rep in a helpdesk ticket I submitted told me that N55 should not be flashed with Stage 0+ as those are not quite compatible.

To my question on what map I should flash while still being on OEM without any upgrades, Stage 1 was recommended.

What do you mean charge pipe was blown off? Like physically blown off while driving? Can this happen on Stage 1 with 435i OEM equipment and if so what can be done to prevent this? Sorry about noob questions, still pretty new to the tuning world.

Thanks!
Yeah, they told me after the fact that the tune isn't for our car. But the fact it's in the OTS list after the car has been read seems pretty confusing. All the other tunes are specifically for N55 EWG except the Stage 0+.

Whilst driving, under full throttle in second gear the car shifted back to first and instantly the stock charge pipe blew off. The T-MAP sensor plug was ejected from the pipe completely, the top lip blew off a section and the c clip came off the top. Stage 1 will most likely do this as well.

Solution: Buy an aftermarket charge pipe and change it before you do the flash.

Last edited by Finny; 12-10-2018 at 07:08 PM.
Appreciate 0