F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Alarm?
Studio RSR

12-12-2018, 07:35 PM   #23
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 6sp

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightf30 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhnblckwood View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by about94ninjas View Post
Quote:
For those of us without factory alarm system...

Is there an aftermarket solution that you would recommend?

Something minimally invasive on the cars electrical system.
You could just retrofit the factory alarm. I believe all you really need is the siren and the roof mounted panel with the sensors, then just code it in.
I would but Im very concerned with dropping headliner.

If I was confident in this DIY... I would absolutely love to get the fucking bit of plastic rolling around up there!
I did it. No need to drop headliner. Like mentioned u only need siren n roof module (and rear mirror if u don't have one with led) it was easy n cheap.
I can second this, I'm waiting for my stuff but I already have the routing planned out in my head and it's not intimidating at all, just gonna go from back to front foot well, up the a pillar and feed it to the middle. As of right now I've got all the pieces for it for total of 135$ including the shipping I paid
What exactly did you buy?

Are you following a DIY?
Yes I am following a DIY there's a really big one if you just search "alarm retrofit" yea do you want like what the parts were or do you want part numbers?
Appreciate 1
sspade2464.50
      12-12-2018, 07:44 PM   #24
sspade
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
Quote:
Yes I am following a DIY there's a really big one if you just search "alarm retrofit" yea do you want like what the parts were or do you want part numbers?
The part numbers would be HUGE...
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 08:05 PM   #25
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
The part numbers would be HUGE...
This is from the other thread I'd recommend to give it a read too

Roof Function Center – There are several variants of this part depending on if your car has a Sunroof or the Teleservices/SOS call button, which can be seen here on RealOEM. Since I had both of those options, I used part #61319351186.
- Alarm Siren – 65759198581(there are several different part numbers for this, any of them should be fine)
- Bracket, Alternative Power Siren – 65759224277
- Hex Nut - Qty. 1 – 07129904870
- Rep. Kit for Socket Housing – Qty. 1 – 61132359998
- Socket Contact w/ Grommet – Qty. 3 - 61130005199
- Bushing/Socket Contact – Qty. 3 – 61130005197
- Double Leaf Spring Contact – Qty. 1 – 61130007437
- OEM Wire Tap – Qty. 1 - 61138364566

BUT I did not buy everything on this list because I believe that I could take some " short cuts" what you do need for sure is the roof function sensor because the ones for alarm system have sensors inside of them (thank you John for informing me LOL) and the siren bell/bracket. The wiring parts are up on this list BUT I am taking a little different route I will update if it works with this "shortcut"
Appreciate 1
sspade2464.50
      12-12-2018, 08:11 PM   #26
sspade
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
Quote:

Roof Function Center – There are several variants of this part depending on if your car has a Sunroof or the Teleservices/SOS call button, which can be seen here on RealOEM. Since I had both of those options, I used part #61319351186.
- Alarm Siren – 65759198581(there are several different part numbers for this, any of them should be fine)

BUT I did not buy everything on this list because I believe that I could take some " short cuts" what you do need for sure is the roof function sensor because the ones for alarm system have sensors inside of them (thank you John for informing me LOL) and the siren bell/bracket. The wiring parts are up on this list BUT I am taking a little different route I will update if it works with this "shortcut"
Thanks! I have sunroof and Teleservices/SOS as well. Im going to follow right along and piece this together... have not found the exact thread you are referring to yet but I will...
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 08:58 PM   #27
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks! I have sunroof and Teleservices/SOS as well. Im going to follow right along and piece this together... have not found the exact thread you are referring to yet but I will...
Awesome sounds good here's the direct link to it

DIY: F30 OEM Alarm Retrofit (320i/328i) https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1230289
Appreciate 1
sspade2464.50
      12-30-2018, 04:09 PM   #28
KTE
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A slow car

Getting back on track for the thread.

Boot was left open overnight accidentally and did not hear or see anything until next in the car. Luckily did not rain!

Hand in vehicle with windows down after 15 minutes did not wield a result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTE View Post
Using https://decoder.bvzine.com/ :

S302A 
Alarm system

S8S2A 
Coding alarm signal
Above two codes returned.

BMW AUC website screenshot:

Would've helped to have this before someone recently damaged my car to alert anyone to act as a witness or even have me look outside to see what was going on.

Booked in a few weeks into Jan. Feel like I've had enough troubleshooting.

Last edited by KTE; 12-31-2018 at 12:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2018, 10:14 PM   #29
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Airman View Post
Did you use a VIN Decoder to check and see if the alarm is a installed option on your car?

On mine it's option code S302A.
Using https://decoder.bvzine.com/ :

S302A 
Alarm system

S8S2A 
Coding alarm signal
What is coding alarm system?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 08:10 AM   #30
KTE
First Lieutenant
Rep

Can anyone confirm that attempting to access their car without the key fob sets off the alarm?

Recently tested again on a colleagues car and mine, both black display panels and instrument dials lit up inside the vehicles.

On further reading, apparently the chirp from locking/unlocking uses the alarm siren. So can’t figure out what is going on, as that works.

ISTA reports alarm as triggered with a time stamp.

Quote:
I presume enabling the system? Not entirely sure.

Edit: Finally triggered, used the physical key to unlock the car inside the door.

Alarm sounded as soon as the door handle was pulled.

I did actually Jack up the car prior to this and nothing happened, it was high enough for wheels to be taken off...

Last edited by KTE; 02-23-2019 at 09:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 11:42 PM   #31
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Can anyone confirm that attempting to access their car without the key fob sets off the alarm?

Recently tested again on a colleagues car and mine, both black display panels and instrument dials lit up inside the vehicles.

On further reading, apparently the chirp from locking/unlocking uses the alarm siren. So can’t figure out what is going on, as that works.

Quote:

Edit: Finally triggered, used the physical key to unlock the car inside the door.

I did actually Jack up the car prior to this and nothing happened, it was high enough for wheels to be taken off...
Did u inject the cafd in type roof module n code it correctly? I need to inject two cafds. The level sensor is in the alarm siren itself.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 11:43 PM   #32
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

On further reading, apparently the chirp from locking/unlocking uses the alarm siren. So can't figure out what is going on, as that works.

Quote:

Did u inject the cafd in type roof module n code it correctly? I need to inject two cafds. The level sensor is in the alarm siren itself.
If I reach in and try to open my door while locked the alarm does go off.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 12:35 AM   #33
KTE
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Don’t believe I made any changes to modules that relate to the alarm. Maybe let me know otherwise from the below? It is stock and should be working.

SM2 (return to driving position/return back to exit), BKOMBI (digital display), FEM BODY (door handle lights on reverse), ENTRYNAV (sports display, unlock chirp, 8.8” screen, different start up logo).

Since the above everything has been changed back to default. For testing, and eventually any warranty work required.

Quote:
Windows left slightly down on lock, or convertible?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 10:01 PM   #34
The Airman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3s

Quote:

I tried jacking up one wheel on mine to test the alarm, and it DEFINITELY sounds off. You don't even have to lift the car that far either.

I also tried leaving a window open and leaning inside to see if the motion sensor works. And it does. Overall, it seems like a decent factory alarm.

I wish the flashing "clown nose" on the rear view mirror was a little brighter, though.

2021 i3s AC Schnitzer
BMW CCA #67486
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 06:58 AM   #35
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Don't believe I made any changes to modules that relate to the alarm. Maybe let me know otherwise from the below? It is stock and should be working.

SM2 (return to driving position/return back to exit), BKOMBI (digital display), FEM BODY (door handle lights on reverse), ENTRYNAV (sports display, unlock chirp, 8.8" screen, different start up logo).

Since the above everything has been changed back to default. For testing, and eventually any warranty work required.

Quote:
Windows left slightly down on lock, or convertible?
Roll windows down close door n lock it. Reach inside n open door while ur standing on outside n alarm should go off.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 07:27 AM   #36
KTE
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I tried jacking up one wheel on mine to test the alarm, and it DEFINITELY sounds off. You don't even have to lift the car that far either.

I also tried leaving a window open and leaning inside to see if the motion sensor works. And it does. Overall, it seems like a decent factory alarm.

I wish the flashing "clown nose" on the rear view mirror was a little brighter, though.

High enough to remove the wheel and didn’t do a thing.

So now that I know the siren works it’s perhaps a levelling sensor and interior motion sensor problem...

Car is with the dealership so they can narrow it down further because I relayed everything I’ve tested.

Quote:
Roll windows down close door n lock it. Reach inside n open door while ur standing on outside n alarm should go off.
Tried that and also didn’t get the expected result, just the clown nose flashing red. Peculiar case this one. As above it’s not with me anymore so interested to see what they get back to me on this one.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 06:23 PM   #37
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

High enough to remove the wheel and didn't do a thing.

So now that I know the siren works it's perhaps a levelling sensor and interior motion sensor problem...

Car is with the dealership so they can narrow it down further because I relayed everything I've tested.

Quote:
Tried that and also didn't get the expected result, just the clown nose flashing red. Peculiar case this one. As above it's not with me anymore so interested to see what they get back to me on this one.
Well the level sensor is inside the siren I'm pretty sure but they'll figure it out. Let us kno what they say. Goodluck.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2019, 05:56 PM   #38
KTE
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Well the level sensor is inside the siren I'm pretty sure but they'll figure it out. Let us kno what they say. Goodluck.
Got a call from the SA, unfortunately they couldn’t find any faults and the tech thinks the alarm performed as it should..

I’ll be getting more info tomorrow on what “it should” is defined as, because someone hitting into my car without an alarm triggering doesn’t sound right!

On another note, while I have the loan I’ll test out a few things on it.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 05:09 AM   #39
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Got a call from the SA, unfortunately they couldn’t find any faults and the tech thinks the alarm performed as it should..

I’ll be getting more info tomorrow on what “it should” is defined as, because someone hitting into my car without an alarm triggering doesn’t sound right!

On another note, while I have the loan I’ll test out a few things on it.
The alarm wount go off if someone hit it unless u install sensors.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 08:00 AM   #40
sspade
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
Anyone using a fake red blinking LED like me?