F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > Tint shop recommendations MA/NH
Extreme Powerhouse

03-17-2019, 11:05 AM   #1
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Tint shop recommendations MA/NH

Looking for a good tint shop for eastern mass or southern NH. Live in Boston work in Andover MA. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 11:52 AM   #2
bskier2001
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive MPPSK

I went to Mobile Tint Shop in East Boston. They did a great job, worked quickly, and gave a discount for cash only. Definitely worth it to check them out.
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2019, 04:28 PM   #3
Derekrpd
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i Xdrive

Tint Works in Burlington. They've done several of my cars. Highly recommended.
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2019, 08:38 PM   #4
435MSport6Speed
Captain
Rep
Drives: 435i M Sport 6 Speed

Go to Unique Car Care in Andover. Rick is the owner.

Highly recommend.
Appreciate 1
      03-22-2019, 09:43 PM   #5
340ix17
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '17 340i xdrive w/ MPPSK, BM3

For my last 3 cars I've gone to Tint King in Billerica, however, admittedly I'm finding it harder and harder to justify the cost involved.

I think any of the places noted above would be fine, if fact I would have gone to Tint Works if had been open the day I had the tint done.
Appreciate 1
      07-26-2019, 12:40 AM   #6
F3X978
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i Coupe

I've gone to Tint King. If you're looking for anything less than 35% (legal) tint, they only do cash only transactions. Pricing goes from 100ish for low grade (minimal sun blocking/uv protection), 300 ish for mid grade (decent sun/heat/uv protection) and finally 500+ for top of the line tint with high sun/heat/uv protection. Prices were quoted for my coupe. More for sedans/suvs.
Appreciate 1
      08-04-2019, 01:38 PM   #7
ECTO1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31

Tint works in Burlington is legit. In and out in under an hr really nice guys.

+1 to unique car care they did my clear bra and looks absolutely flawless took a little while for them maybe about 6 hrs so just something to consider. no experience with tint from them.
Appreciate 1
      09-09-2019, 08:33 PM   #8
USMC_F30
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340xi msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekrpd View Post
Tint Works in Burlington. They've done several of my cars. Highly recommended.
I second Tint Works, owner name is Randy good dude and great results.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2019, 07:11 AM   #9
n_maher
Rep
Drives: '15 328i

If one of you is willing to share some reference price numbers I'd greatly appreciate it. I see the $300-$500 range above, is that truly what to expect? I'm considering this next spring and would like to budget appropriately.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2019, 11:07 AM   #10
ECTO1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_maher View Post
If one of you is willing to share some reference price numbers I'd greatly appreciate it. I see the $300-$500 range above, is that truly what to expect? I'm considering this next spring and would like to budget appropriately.
I wanna say that price sounds about correct, I went to tint works back in 2017 so 300 something seems to ring some bells. I went with the legal mass tint level. Cause I don't need the static from the cops. I believe you can request a quote and time online with tint works If that helps.
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2019, 10:43 AM   #11
Derekrpd
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_maher View Post
$300-500 is about right on depending on the quality of tint they provide.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2020, 09:04 AM   #12
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Looking at tint works burlington, ma. Go ceramic or non-ceramic? I have sat radio, but do not have the LCD digital dash so no brightness concern there
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2020, 08:29 PM   #13
Fww135
Rep
Drives: a car

Garage List
2018 F31  [0.00]
I went with their mid-grade ceramic tint. $300 for the rear half of my wagon. No issues with radio or cell reception, but I didn’t get the front window tinted.

Just a warning about TintWorks, though. I originally had them apply tint last month. After a week, I noticed dozens of tiny bubbles in the tint on every window. I notified them of this, and they generously agreed to strip the original tint and reapply. They did, but the second application had the same issue. Once again, they agreed to redo the tint, but I haven’t had the time to bring the car back yet. They said that they had an issue with contaminants in the water that they were using. I’ll let you know how things look when I bring the car back next week. Good customer service, but I wish I didn’t have to deal with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
Looking at tint works burlington, ma. Go ceramic or non-ceramic? I have sat radio, but do not have the LCD digital dash so no brightness concern there
Appreciate 1
      11-03-2020, 08:35 PM   #14
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fww135 View Post
I went with their mid-grade ceramic tint. $300 for the rear half of my wagon. No issues with radio or cell reception, but I didn’t get the front window tinted.

Just a warning about TintWorks, though. I originally had them apply tint last month. After a week, I noticed dozens of tiny bubbles in the tint on every window. I notified them of this, and they generously agreed to strip the original tint and reapply. They did, but the second application had the same issue. Once again, they agreed to redo the tint, but I haven’t had the time to bring the car back yet. They said that they had an issue with contaminants in the water that they were using. I’ll let you know how things look when I bring the car back next week. Good customer service, but I wish I didn’t have to deal with this.

Quote:
Appreciate the honest feedback. Will circle back on my tint results
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2020, 06:52 AM   #15
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fww135 View Post

Quote:
I got my tint done at Tint World in Salem, NH. After 7 days i still see some small thin lines of bubbles (almost appear to be scratches but I assume bubbles). The shop mgr said when I originally got it done to wait 30 days for it to complete. Does anyone know how long it should take? The fact that your tint shop offered to do it over after 1 week makes me think that is the realistic timeframe, but on the other hand mine saying 30 makes me think sometimes it takes longer? I have it outside in sunlight as suggested, but it is not hot summer heat - late October in new england, does that matter?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2020, 09:14 AM   #16
ECTO1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I got my tint done at Tint World in Salem, NH. After 7 days i still see some small thin lines of bubbles (almost appear to be scratches but I assume bubbles). The shop mgr said when I originally got it done to wait 30 days for it to complete. Does anyone know how long it should take? The fact that your tint shop offered to do it over after 1 week makes me think that is the realistic timeframe, but on the other hand mine saying 30 makes me think sometimes it takes longer? I have it outside in sunlight as suggested, but it is not hot summer heat - late October in new england, does that matter?
I got mine done in middle to late November and had no issue with setup. It's possible you have to wait a little while but 30 days seems pretty long. Check and see if you have anything that says after t30 days the shop doesn't have to fix the defects and you have to pay again for repair. You should know within a week if it's not correctly applied.
Appreciate 1
      11-15-2020, 02:36 PM   #17
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I had issues with the tint quality/install from Tint World Salem, NH. I cannot recommend them.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 03:23 PM   #18
Fww135
Rep
Drives: a car

Garage List
2018 F31  [0.00]
It’s been about 30 days since my second tint application (I haven’t had time to bring it by to get it redone for the third try), and all the tiny air bubbles are still there. I’m no tint expert, but common sense suggests that once the excess water used during the application evaporates after the first week, any remaining pockets of air between the window and the tint aren’t going to magically disappear on their own.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 09:25 PM   #19
joesid
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i xDrive

I got a quote of $395 from Tint King in Burlington for LLumar Formula One Pinnacle (ceramic). Anyone know if that's a good deal? It's a 70 mile drive from where I am on the cape...
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 09:27 PM   #20
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesid View Post
I got a quote of $395 from Tint King in Burlington for LLumar Formula One Pinnacle (ceramic). Anyone know if that's a good deal? It's a 70 mile drive from where I am on the cape...
I would say thats a decent rate in this area. I paid 375 for comparable tint.
Appreciate 1
joesid80.00
      04-26-2021, 08:14 PM   #21
MaseinMA
New guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Any South Coast MA tint shop recommendations? I feel like I used "Sun Stoppers" in Stoughton quite some time ago but not sure if they are still a good fit.
Appreciate 0