F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > DEPO F30/31 Projector Headlights **UK Photos and Chat thread**
Extreme Powerhouse

04-20-2019, 06:48 PM   #1497
BrennanF30
BMWLad
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 320D M Sport

Garage List
BMW F30 M Sport  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankly30 View Post
Hi, I had some other model fitted on my car (https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1434481 this one), and found it messes with my radio to some extend when the LEDs are on. I figure it's not properly filtered

I'm looking to replacing the headlights with the one mentioned on the thread, but before I do anything, can anyone here confirm me, that they dont have their radio messed or worsened when the LED DRL/POS are turned on?
I’ve had them in my car for the past 2 years, no radio issues with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6times7 View Post
I don't know - BrennanF30 is Irish isn't he? I reckon he's got some super hi def, Ultra HD4K F30 photo taking potato
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 05:55 AM   #1498
TopperXP
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320i m sport / BMW F40

Hello, finally got round to ordering a set of depo headlights , was just wondering what the status is regarding the new MOT laws and using the HID kit from hids4u ? Dont know what to do , stick with H7 halogens or get this kit any advice appreciated thank you
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 06:46 AM   #1499
HSmithboy30
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 318D M Sport Saloon (F30)

Hi Mate.
I asked this question at the garage when i got my headlight beams aligned after fitting Depos. He said that as long as the beam pattern is correct its fine as new cars come with LED bulbs
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 09:40 AM   #1500
CL53
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopperXP View Post
Hello, finally got round to ordering a set of depo headlights , was just wondering what the status is regarding the new MOT laws and using the HID kit from hids4u ? Dont know what to do , stick with H7 halogens or get this kit any advice appreciated thank you
Mine said it should fail but as long as the beam pattern is fine they have no issue with passing it.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 02:32 PM   #1501
JayGatsby
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d M Sport + M Perf.

Fitted my set of Depo Projectors to my F30 about 3 weeks ago, absolutely transformed the front end of the car! Install took around 2.5 hours on my own (taken the bumper off so many times in the past I can now do it in 10 mins flat!). Installed them with H7 6000k LED bulbs in both the high and low beam, sunlight in pics might show it being slightly off/yellowish but in reality it is pure white. Aligned them myself parked on a flat surface about 25ft away from a wall with the correct measurements on the wall so cut-off line is sweet. Coded the bulbs from halogen to LED and turned off monitoring checks using Bimmercode. Unbelievable mod which has made me fall in love with my car all over again! I would not have stumbled across this mod if it weren't for the amazing Bimmer community, thank you all!! Some pics attached from my recent trip to the Peak District 😁
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      07-11-2019, 02:06 AM   #1502
TopperXP
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320i m sport / BMW F40

Looks great fit mine a few weeks back and am well chuffed with them
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 12:15 PM   #1503
D1E9A7N8O
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D M Sport

I’m thinking of buying myself a set of these.

Anybody else still wanting to buy some? I notice they offer a discount on their eBay listing.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 01:24 PM   #1504
Zheez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D (2015)

I ordered a set of these the other day and I've got them here waiting to be installed. I'm just planning on sticking with regular halogen bulbs.

Has anyone here with these lights and halogen bulbs passed an MOT recently or had any issues at MOT time or with headlight alignment?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 04:01 AM   #1505
D1E9A7N8O
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zheez View Post
I ordered a set of these the other day and I've got them here waiting to be installed. I'm just planning on sticking with regular halogen bulbs.

Has anyone here with these lights and halogen bulbs passed an MOT recently or had any issues at MOT time or with headlight alignment?
I recently fit mine and had MOT 2 weeks ago. All good and I have LED's throughout
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 11:40 AM   #1506
Zheez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1E9A7N8O View Post
I recently fit mine and had MOT 2 weeks ago. All good and I have LED's throughout
Cool, thanks for the confirmation. I might actually go ahead and fit these this weekend.

Out of curiosity, what bulbs are you using? And do yours trigger a warning if you try to use the adjuster dial? Not that big a deal but I see some seemed to have that problem and others don't.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 06:20 AM   #1507
D1E9A7N8O
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zheez View Post
Cool, thanks for the confirmation. I might actually go ahead and fit these this weekend.

Out of curiosity, what bulbs are you using? And do yours trigger a warning if you try to use the adjuster dial? Not that big a deal but I see some seemed to have that problem and others don't.
I am using Twenty20 LED's from ABD. Great quality!

Adjuster dial doesn't work with these, they just auto level on start up. I don't get any fault message if I move the dial.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2019, 11:21 AM   #1508
Skyfall
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d touring

f30 Depos

Hi, what is the beam pattern and the light like from these lights ?. I fitted some to an f20 and it was not that good , are these ok .
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 08:16 AM   #1509
biomed27
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30

Reading through this thread, it seems like every time some talks about the beam pattern, it is not addressed. Anybody manage to get a clean beam pattern from these headlights?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 10:39 PM   #1510
YG F30
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30 and E84

Hi all - for those who have just recently added LEDs to the Depo headlights,
Do we still need the euro style adapter clip to fit LEDs to the depos?

I had the Depo headlights installed by a local workshop but they could not fit LEDs as the heat sink was too large.

I am now trying to find some LEDs that would fit and have found some slimline h7 plug and play ones. Can I use these?

https://invisionsales.com/products/l...it-direct-fit/

Will it fit directly or do I still need to buy adapters?

Thanks everyone
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 02:35 PM   #1511
NYC F30
Rep
Drives: bmw 320i

Hey question just installed my Depo lights only the rings are on with the daytime running lights. How do you get the eyebrows on with the daytime running lights? The eyebrows are only on when the headlights are on. Can't find the option on bimmercode.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 02:26 PM   #1512
BrennanF30
BMWLad
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 320D M Sport

Garage List
BMW F30 M Sport  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC F30 View Post
Hey question just installed my Depo lights only the rings are on with the daytime running lights. How do you get the eyebrows on with the daytime running lights? The eyebrows are only on when the headlights are on. Can't find the option on bimmercode.
You can’t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6times7 View Post
I don't know - BrennanF30 is Irish isn't he? I reckon he's got some super hi def, Ultra HD4K F30 photo taking potato
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2021, 07:16 AM   #1513
YODI
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 320d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGatsby View Post
Fitted my set of Depo Projectors to my F30 about 3 weeks ago, absolutely transformed the front end of the car! Install took around 2.5 hours on my own (taken the bumper off so many times in the past I can now do it in 10 mins flat!). Installed them with H7 6000k LED bulbs in both the high and low beam, sunlight in pics might show it being slightly off/yellowish but in reality it is pure white. Aligned them myself parked on a flat surface about 25ft away from a wall with the correct measurements on the wall so cut-off line is sweet. Coded the bulbs from halogen to LED and turned off monitoring checks using Bimmercode. Unbelievable mod which has made me fall in love with my car all over again! I would not have stumbled across this mod if it weren't for the amazing Bimmer community, thank you all!! Some pics attached from my recent trip to the Peak District 😁
Old post revival, sorry.

When you say you coded them and turned off voltage monitoring, I did monitoring when I fitted LED's to my old BM's but whats the coding part that needs doing ?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2021, 02:48 PM   #1514
OneLowban
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by YODI View Post
Old post revival, sorry.

When you say you coded them and turned off voltage monitoring, I did monitoring when I fitted LED's to my old BM's but whats the coding part that needs doing ?
I installed these last week. All you need to do in BimmerCode is both voltage monitoring off and bulb type to LED, that’s all it’s really simple.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2021, 06:59 AM   #1515
YODI
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 320d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLowban View Post
I installed these last week. All you need to do in BimmerCode is both voltage monitoring off and bulb type to LED, that’s all it’s really simple.
Thanks, I have genuine Xenons at home but don't know if I should go Depo for ease.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2021, 04:22 PM   #1516
OneLowban
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YODI View Post
Thanks, I have genuine Xenons at home but don't know if I should go Depo for ease.
Ah right, ease of installation you mean?

That was part of the reason I went Depo, that along with £1000+ cheaper lol. But if you have the Xenons already and can get them installed/coded/wired etc it might not be so bad.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 02:09 PM   #1517
Squirtydog
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 420i 2018

Any long term use updates?

Hi everyone,

First time posting. I've read this entire thread with interest as I am stuck with the standard Halogens at the mo. Think I need to bite the bullet as the more night driving I do - and that is most of the time at this time of year- the more I feel that the standard lights are barely even safe.

Lots of great info on here.

So it looks like the set up I will go with is:
- Stealth 35W 5000k HID low beam
- Standard H7 high beam
- perhaps change fog light bulbs later

Few questions:
- Am I right that no adaptor plate is needed with the stealth?
- Do any of the initial group buyers have an update now we are some time down the line after installation - any issues/observations, any failures etc.?
- was there ever a consensus on the motor levelling warnings? - thinking particularly of those who were getting the warning without touching the adjuster wheel

Thanks
Ian
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 07:40 PM   #1518
OneLowban
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirtydog View Post
Hi everyone,

First time posting. I've read this entire thread with interest as I am stuck with the standard Halogens at the mo. Think I need to bite the bullet as the more night driving I do - and that is most of the time at this time of year- the more I feel that the standard lights are barely even safe.

Lots of great info on here.

So it looks like the set up I will go with is:
- Stealth 35W 5000k HID low beam
- Standard H7 high beam
- perhaps change fog light bulbs later

Few questions:
- Am I right that no adaptor plate is needed with the stealth?
- Do any of the initial group buyers have an update now we are some time down the line after installation - any issues/observations, any failures etc.?
- was there ever a consensus on the motor levelling warnings? - thinking particularly of those who were getting the warning without touching the adjuster wheel

Thanks
Ian
Hi,

Not an original buyer of these in this thread as you will have seen but I would recommend after recently making the switch.

- I went with a 35W 5500K HID Stealth Kit from HIDS4U (the -X variant)
- LED High Beam for (hopefully) longevity
- I also put LED Fog light bulbs in at the same time

The Stealth Kit I got included some adapters but these just did not fit good in the DEPO H7 holder so I ended up cutting the ones that the headlights included with bolt cutters to fit the HID cables through as they fit perfect in the housing.

When I first installed mine I got the motor levelling warning when trying to adjust the beam, then it stopped working. I turned the car off and back on and then moved it very slowly and it was fine, I adjusted it to as high as possible and just left it and get no warnings at all now.

I do however still need to adjust the beam pattern properly (higher) via the screws on top but just waiting for a time to do that however the light output is still better than the halogens already and again would recommend.
Appreciate 0