F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 2 weeks into ownership, £500 spent on mods!
ARMA SPEED

09-15-2019, 03:53 PM   #1
DURSTTTT
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D F31

2 weeks into ownership, £500 spent on mods!

As per the title, this weekend I've taken the plunge and placed orders for the ever controversial, genuine M Performance rear spoiler, and also some H&R lowering springs!

To top it off I've also booked the car in for a bout of coding, including ID5-ID6 and Apple CarPlay, can't wait to have some of the other available features coded in too!

I will be sure to post before and afters of both the spoiler and the lowering springs for those interested.

The spoiler certainly divides opinions, but it's the only genuine M performance accessory this car doesn't have, and I intend on colour coding it to provide a subtle yet sporty look!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 04:20 PM   #2
Panchoa
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330d M Sport

Looks good mate!!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 04:25 PM   #3
DURSTTTT
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panchoa View Post
Looks good mate!!
Thanks mate, completely standard as pictured, albeit my private plate and some gloss black kidney grilles, wheels need to be changed but can't get away from the ride height being sorted first!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 05:44 PM   #4
dizzy619
Major
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

I like your style... This forum will only help the desire for mods to flourish..
Nice motor
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 03:10 AM   #5
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Once you're on that slippery slope you'll realise that £500 is just loose change...
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 1
JustChris17487.50
      09-16-2019, 03:14 AM   #6
DURSTTTT
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsey View Post
Once you're on that slippery slope you'll realise that £500 is just loose change...
This isn't my first rodeo, new wheels and tires will follow the above, then likely some genuine roof bars also! wheels and tires will follow the above, then likely some genuine roof bars also!

I'm going for an OEM plus kind of look, clean, subtle and understated.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 03:18 AM   #7
Alscoob
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G31 540i M Sport Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DURSTTTT View Post
As per the title, this weekend I've taken the plunge and placed orders for the ever controversial, genuine M Performance rear spoiler, and also some H&R lowering springs!

To top it off I've also booked the car in for a bout of coding, including ID5-ID6 and Apple CarPlay, can't wait to have some of the other available features coded in too!

I will be sure to post before and afters of both the spoiler and the lowering springs for those interested.

The spoiler certainly divides opinions, but it's the only genuine M performance accessory this car doesn't have, and I intend on colour coding it to provide a subtle yet sporty look!
I have one for sale, perhaps it may save you some dosh?? never been fitted still in the original box.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 03:20 AM   #8
DURSTTTT
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscoob View Post
Quote:

I have one for sale, perhaps it may save you some dosh?? never been fitted still in the original box.
What is it you have, sorry?

I have already bought and paid for the H&R Springs and also the genuine M performance rear spoiler, with any luck they will be here before the end of the week!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 03:27 AM   #9
APJ
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 435d M Sport Plus

Quote:

What made you decide on the H&R springs, personal preference, previous experience or they all much of muchness !!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 03:33 AM   #10
DURSTTTT
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by APJ View Post
Quote:

What made you decide on the H&R springs, personal preference, previous experience or they all much of muchness !!
Prior to buying the car, I have done weeks of research to find what I feel will suit the car and my needs best!

H&R, ACS & Eibach are all quality brands, but I felt the H&R's would give the most aggressive drop, 45 mm in the front and 30 mm in the rear, whilst stiffening up the ride nicely!

The 335D was a no-brainer for me, an increase on power over the 330 and also Xdrive as standard, given that the weather in this country seems to get worse as the years go by!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 03:35 AM   #11
Alscoob
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G31 540i M Sport Edition

Quote:
What is it you have, sorry?

I have already bought and paid for the H&R Springs and also the genuine M performance rear spoiler, with any luck they will be here before the end of the week!
Ah I see. It's the rear MP spoiler but if you've already paid then I'm too late.
Link here.... https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1651071
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 05:53 AM   #12
Robbles
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D xDrive

MP spoilers makes loads of difference. I’ve got it on my F31 (same colour car) and it makes loads of difference. I have upload pictures if required
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 06:07 AM   #13
DURSTTTT
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbles View Post
MP spoilers makes loads of difference. I've got it on my F31 (same colour car) and it makes loads of difference. I have upload pictures if required
Pictures would be great!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 08:28 AM   #14
Russbmw
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 630iGT sport

Garage List
Historically, H&R have been known to produce very, VERY firm springs.....to much for most people.

Personally, I've always gone for Eibach in the past, as their kits seem to stay within the stock shocks operation tolerances in terms of drop. More than 30mm drop on the front is fine if you're changing shocks as well.
      09-16-2019, 10:09 AM   #15
DURSTTTT
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russbmw View Post
Historically, H&R have been known to produce very, VERY firm springs.....to much for most people.

Personally, I've always gone for Eibach in the past, as their kits seem to stay within the stock shocks operation tolerances in terms of drop. More than 30mm drop on the front is fine if you're changing shocks as well.
Well, I think your comment is mostly fair, as per my previous comments, all 3 brands produce a very high quality spring, and I firmly believe no single one is better than another, they're to suit individual customers, and their individual needs!

As we all know the 335D is only available in an M-Sport configuration, but that unfortunately denotes the implementation of SE springs, which in my case, and many others are too soft for their liking and also leaving something to be desired when it comes to right height!

Have ran many different suspension set ups over the years, and read through plenty of forum posts and reviews I'm confident in my decision, only time will tell if they're what I'm looking for!

The adaptive suspension changes the entire dynamic of the car, and I'm hoping a permanently lower centre of gravity and stiffer ride will only enhance the driving experience when my foot is buried in the bulkhead!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 10:37 AM   #16
dizzy619
Major
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Do you have a front lip spoiler? If you do get ready for some scratching noises...
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 10:39 AM   #17
DURSTTTT
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzy619 View Post
Do you have a front lip spoiler? If you do get ready for some scratching noises...
I do indeed, the car has 3/4 of the m performance body parts, front splitter, skirt extensions and rear diffuser currently, hence me wanting to complete it with the m performance spoiler! I'm well aware my driving style and general duty of care will change, this isn't my first rodeo! 😇
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 11:44 AM   #18
The0pportunist
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Congrats on the new car

I too bought a mineral grey f30 a couple weeks ago.

So far have done:

Gloss black roof wrap.

Have ordered:

M performance diffuser - gloss black
M performance rear spoiler - colour coded.
Sunglasses holder - to replace driver side grab handle.
Ambient light insert
Carly adapter

On the look for:

LCI tails (not sure to go OEM or aftermarket)
Side mirrors - gloss black
Side skirt extensions
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 01:19 PM   #19
APJ
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 435d M Sport Plus

Quote:
Prior to buying the car, I have done weeks of research to find what I feel will suit the car and my needs best!

H&R, ACS & Eibach are all quality brands, but I felt the H&R's would give the most aggressive drop, 45 mm in the front and 30 mm in the rear, whilst stiffening up the ride nicely!

The 335D was a no-brainer for me, an increase on power over the 330 and also Xdrive as standard, given that the weather in this country seems to get worse as the years go by!
Okay cheers, didn't realise the H&R's had such a big drop, i take it the pictures are before fitting, would be interesting to see before and afters, if you get the chance !
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 02:58 PM   #20
DURSTTTT
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by APJ View Post
Quote:

Okay cheers, didn't realise the H&R's had such a big drop, i take it the pictures are before fitting, would be interesting to see before and afters, if you get the chance !
Yeah the picture is before hand, shows its standard right height like it's on stilts! 😂

Springs are due to arrive Thursday and will put a new post up once fitted!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 02:25 PM   #21
Robbles
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D xDrive

here you go mate - sorry for the delay
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 02:57 PM   #22
rjwojcik
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW Golf GTD

Liking that. Does it sit on the existiing spoiler of does the existing one come off?

Also, what diffuser do you have?