F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Venting bass into cabin
Extreme Powerhouse

06-07-2019, 01:00 PM   #1
tonksie93
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330d M Sport

Venting bass into cabin

So i donít have a ski hatch and i have my amplifiers mounted to the rear of my seats. Iíve also had to sound deaden my parcel shelf to stop it rattling. When i have had my rear seats lifted off the mounts and lay flat there is a noticeable difference from my subs.

Just wondering if anyone has cut holes or anything into the parcel shelf to vent the bass into the cabin and if so was it effective?

Or is this just the price you pay for having a saloon compared to say a hatchback.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 10:26 AM   #2
Assassin
Private
Rep
Drives: F31 335d X-Drive Shadow Ed

I had an e34 525i M Sport a few years back and I mounted a free air sub behind the rear seat and firing through an opening in the panel behind the centre armrest in the rear. It did not have a ski hatch either but behind the armrest and the boot lining the metal panel was there, essentially already cut out save for four little bits of metal that held the panel in place. Presumably done that way so a ski hatch could be easily fitted. I mounted an Alpine 5 channel amp and the sub on a custom fitted plywood panel, carpeted to match the bootliner and set it in the boot tight to the back seat secured with four screws. Inside I fitted a little speaker cloth covered frame into the armrest channel and left the leather flap in place that covered it. The armrest could still be raised ok.

Sounded great, kept the inside of the car looking stock and was simple to remove when I sold it.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 04:09 PM   #3
tonksie93
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330d M Sport

So i went ahead and done this. MASSIVE difference! Luckily there are holes in the metal structure so no cutting of that was required, i simply mounted some speaker grills to the rear deck and cut the middle out.
Appreciate 0