F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Experience with 10.25" android 7.1 HU's
Extreme Powerhouse
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      Today, 02:28 AM   #2465
__fred__
Private First Class
Netherlands
36
Rep
121
Posts

Drives: BMW 5 series E60, Mercedes S
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uysalt View Post
Hi Fred.

Picked this comment of your from another thread. I have an E61, installed a Android HU, 8.8'', replacing the built-in screen, added a Carplay and mainly use that.

If I answer the calls from the BMW system, I would say I have no other major problems (especially after having fixed the 'select' button issue with key learning feature of the Carplay adaptor) with the system that I could not live with.

Isn't there a way, however, making for Carplay (or the HU) making use of the mic sound from the BMW system which is nicely installed already?

Thanks.
Only if you have a microphone input on the unit or the wire harness. I don't have one. Some units have them, some don't.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:34 AM   #2466
__fred__
Private First Class
Netherlands
36
Rep
121
Posts

Drives: BMW 5 series E60, Mercedes S
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
@ __fred__

i`m not able to add new repositories to the github page ?
am i missing something ?
I have alot of pictures of my HU, want to create image`s/info folder for the differen Hardware that is available.

sincerely Chri
You cannot create new repositories. If you want to add files to an existing repository: Fork them and create a pull request. If you just want to add stuff to the wiki, I can add you as a collaborator to this wiki. PM me your username at github.

https://help.github.com/en/articles/...st-from-a-fork
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:38 AM   #2467
__fred__
Private First Class
Netherlands
36
Rep
121
Posts

Drives: BMW 5 series E60, Mercedes S
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorebigideas View Post
@_fred_ hey man, I've installed your FW (which is great btw) but I've got a new SD Card icon on the status bar area - anyway to remove this?
Pull the notifications down and swipe the SD card notification away? Don't now if it survives a reboot though.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:39 AM   #2468
__fred__
Private First Class
Netherlands
36
Rep
121
Posts

Drives: BMW 5 series E60, Mercedes S
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

So I was away for a few days. I've updated the wiki with the recovery method, answered a few questions and patched 012042bJLY-NBT-HW7 for auto dimming. It's in the MCU repository.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:28 AM   #2469
alex1991
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
32
Posts

Drives: E84 2011
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

auto start app

So I have managed to make front and back camera work like they should be. I am more of a electrician guy then an "android guy"

So
1. After installing event centar apk it is working super, but only sometime, sometime I have to reinstall eventcenter.apk to make it work!?

2. How to make the "auto start up app" work? I whant to install some of the auto start app from Google play to make it start my sygic when the system starts but I can not make it work....

Any solution?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:55 AM   #2470
antonius2018
Private
17
Rep
58
Posts

Drives: BMW F32
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: EU - Portugal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1991 View Post
So I have managed to make front and back camera work like they should be. I am more of a electrician guy then an "android guy"

So
1. After installing event centar apk it is working super, but only sometime, sometime I have to reinstall eventcenter.apk to make it work!?

2. How to make the "auto start up app" work? I whant to install some of the auto start app from Google play to make it start my sygic when the system starts but I can not make it work....

Any solution?
I use "AutoStart - No root" (see Play store).
( did you manage to record from front camera?)
Appreciate 1
      Today, 08:28 AM   #2471
alex1991
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
32
Posts

Drives: E84 2011
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonius2018 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1991 View Post
So I have managed to make front and back camera work like they should be. I am more of a electrician guy then an "android guy"

So
1. After installing event centar apk it is working super, but only sometime, sometime I have to reinstall eventcenter.apk to make it work!?

2. How to make the "auto start up app" work? I whant to install some of the auto start app from Google play to make it start my sygic when the system starts but I can not make it work....

Any solution?
I use "AutoStart - No root" (see Play store).
( did you manage to record from front camera?)
Nou, I just use it as a parking camera...


Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:23 AM   #2472
nomorebigideas
Private
5
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: BMW X3 xDrive20d SE (2011)
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by __fred__ View Post
Pull the notifications down and swipe the SD card notification away? Don't now if it survives a reboot though.
You go away for a few days, the forum falls apart!

The SD Card notification is on the status bar - next to the WIFI and Bluetooth symbol.

Really odd - system UI tuner can't find it to remove either!
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:00 AM   #2473
__fred__
Private First Class
Netherlands
36
Rep
121
Posts

Drives: BMW 5 series E60, Mercedes S
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorebigideas View Post
You go away for a few days, the forum falls apart!

The SD Card notification is on the status bar - next to the WIFI and Bluetooth symbol.

Really odd - system UI tuner can't find it to remove either!
I think that's the sim card not activated icon. The SD card icon, when visible, displays as a notification on the left of the bar. The sim card icon is on the right side.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:18 AM   #2474
nomorebigideas
Private
5
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: BMW X3 xDrive20d SE (2011)
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by __fred__ View Post
I think that's the sim card not activated icon. The SD card icon, when visible, displays as a notification on the left of the bar. The sim card icon is on the right side.
Ah - I see. Yes, you're probably right - will recheck!
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:17 PM   #2475
RuLzgzF30
New Member
0
Rep
17
Posts

Drives: BMW F30
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Zaragoza

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by __fred__ View Post
So I was away for a few days. I've updated the wiki with the recovery method, answered a few questions and patched 012042bJLY-NBT-HW7 for auto dimming. It's in the MCU repository.
How do you act with the modification? the original when turning on the lights the intensity of the light of the screen is lowered, although not enough ...
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:22 PM   #2476
Tavicu
Private
Romania
17
Rep
58
Posts

Drives: F31
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Romania

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1991 View Post
Nou, I just use it as a parking camera...
Hei! How did you wire the backup camera? Did you took power from reverse light?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST