F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > DIY | F30 335i Chargepipe & FMIC Installation
GetBMWParts

08-06-2020, 08:43 AM   #1
thompsac25
Stance to make her dance
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3

DIY | F30 335i Chargepipe & FMIC Installation

Hey everyone,

I have been seeing a lot of posts lately regarding blown chargepipes. This recently happened to my stock motor F30 335i. My car is a 2014 with 40K miles on it - came with an MPPK from BMW. I was surprised that it blew, but I know this is a common issue with these cars.

I hope this DIY is helpful for those of you who have had the same issue, or for those of you who are looking to upgrade.

I went with ARM Motorsports products. For the most part, it was a smooth install. My main issue was the O-ring that ARM provided, was too thick, making it IMPOSSIBLE to reinstall with the new chargepipe. In my video, you can see that I even tried removing the throttle body, in hopes to have more leverage on the ground. Unfortunately that did not work, so I ended up using the stock O-ring. Additionally, I had a problem with the hardware that ARM provided for the FMIC. The screws that hold the intercooler to the car, are very weak and one sheared off. I ended up using the stock screws.

If you guys have any questions, please let me know! I am happy to help however I can!

Thanks!