F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > HUD/Dashboard Rattle Fix
proTUNING Freaks

02-23-2020, 02:29 AM   #1
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sportline Auto RWD

HUD/Dashboard Rattle Fix

I've been dealing with a rattle coming from the HUD area for a long time, particularly when cruising between around 70-75mph. I found that pressing down on the plastic screen from above helped mitigate the rattle.

I finally had enough and decided to try to do something about it. Jumped on Amazon and found these neoprene foam pads.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T24CZJB...p_mob_ap_share

They're 3"x3"x3/8", so I cut strips off of one that are about 1/2" wide. Two of these strips end to end (6") fits in the space along the bottom edge of the HUD screen cover. I just wedged them in there. After a drive, I found the rattle was gone. Hallelujah!

The 16 pack of pads was $5 and change, well worth it, but since you only need one, I have over a dozen of these things to figure out what to do with. Well worth it though.

The line in the middle is a tiny piece of 3M mounting tape I used to stick the 2 strips together. I was going to super glue them, but my tube was all dried out. I guess I have plenty of extra stock to make more and try gluing them, but I'm fine with it for now. It's not really visible anyways.
Attached Images

IK6SPEED4486.00