F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Apple car play, BMW trying it on?
Extreme Powerhouse

03-19-2019, 06:51 AM   #67
RoShambolt
Captain
Rep
Drives: Looking

So the latest is that I had to send another email to BMW customer services, with it being nearly two months now since I contacted them, with no reply or contact from them.

This time I gave them a week to reply and resolve before I took it further outside of BMW, (read trading standards and the ombudsman).

You guessed it, got a reply from them last night saying they're looking into it and will reply within two days.

Today I get in the car and now there is no apple car play, I also get an email saying my "subscription" to Apple CarPlay has ended. So looks like they might be sorting this out behind the scenes.

I have to say I've been less than impressed by the whole attitude and lack of contact by BMW so far. It's been far more effort than it should to get to this point. I've had far better experiences even with the likes of Vauxhall with this kind of thing.

Now will they do the right thing and fix this for everyone it effects or will the just fix it for the people who complain?

I will let you know when anything else happens.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 06:26 PM   #68
Pequin
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Enthusiastically

Looking worryingly like mine is changing, despite connected drive telling me that I should have it for life, the portal shows otherwise, before and after pictures.
Attached Images

03-20-2019, 08:17 AM   #69
RoShambolt
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequin View Post
Looking worryingly like mine is changing, despite connected drive telling me that I should have it for life, the portal shows otherwise, before and after pictures.
They can't argue with that, it's good you have before and after to show it's something they are fiddling with, not you being misinformed.

It's worrying that it's being "changed", it looks like it's a deliberate change being made by BMW, which is a breach of contract.

So currently my car has had it shut off by BMW and they have said they will be reactivating it "in the near future". BMW customer services seem to be quite happy to leave customers in the dark. Very poor.

So I'm now in a worse situation than before with no idea when it will come back. Cheers BMW.
Appreciate 1
Pequin230.00
      03-20-2019, 03:17 PM   #70
Pequin
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Tell me about it, such poor show for such a big prestige brand.
      03-20-2019, 03:41 PM   #71
RoShambolt
Captain
Rep

So I spoke to them today after they sent an email that pissed me off a little.

They said because of the bad experience I've had they will offer me a lifetime subscription to apple car play(oh thanks, you mean you are just giving what you have already taken the money for?)

Then they said I will get this applied "in the near future"

So I called to tell them that they know and I know what's gone on. So let's not play the line that they are doing it as a good will gesture.

Also now I'm currently without CarPlay, the line that it will be sorted in the near future isn't going to cut it.

They admitted that they know something is wrong on the phone and that connected drive is having technical difficulties, they put me at ease about a few things and said it should be very soon.

It's been a bloody long winded faff that I could have done without, disappointing.

WE WILL SEE.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 02:09 PM   #72
Pequin
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Ask for free stuff, as a gesture of goodwill
!

In the past I've had freebies but it needs to get escalated :
      03-24-2019, 10:39 AM   #73
Pequin
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Hmmm, bad news for me, interestingly conflicts with previous statements 😏
Attached Images

03-24-2019, 01:27 PM   #74
RoShambolt
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequin View Post
Hmmm, bad news for me, interestingly conflicts with previous statements 😏
I'm sorry bad that's utter rubbish. If that's the case why did all our cars say "booked" with no end date initially.

Also why is there a flag note on the 2017 brochure saying active for life of the car with regards to the Apple CarPlay "preparation"

Then in the 2019 brochure the flag not had changed to say "active for 3 years, renewable thereafter" whist still calling it Apple CarPlay preparation.

I'm sorry but they are trying to have a play on words try and avoid this situation, it wouldn't stand up in the small claims court or cut it with trading standard.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 02:58 PM   #75
RoShambolt
Captain
Rep

So it took BMW 4 and a half months to resolve this, I have to say it was a masterclass in how not to handle a customer complaint.

I had to chase, chase and then chase more, the only time they made ANY progress with it was when I threatened them with a claim for breach of contract in the small claims court. Other than that very little effort was made to push a resolution for me.

It turns out that connected drive and customer services have an aversion to talking to each other also, if that had not been the case this probably would have been resolved two months ago!

I think today I struck luck and spoke to a lady that just knew how to get things done.

I would hate to have a seriously big problem with the car that needed me to go through the complaint process.
Appreciate 1
Pequin230.00