F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > ATM TCB ICCID IMEI VIN (long post warning)
proTUNING Freaks

09-12-2021, 01:43 AM   #23
Adrian_CRG
Enlisted Member
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW 640xd

Actually this is not the case for my cars and will explain.

Both cars came factory fitted with NBT-TCB.
Connected Drive Services are pretty much the same if you have TCB or ATM. Is true i can not book Carplay or the packages offered for ATM cars but i can buy services one-by-one. When i retrofitted EVO i ordered original FSC codes on VIN with BMW Germany so i have in repair kit A0 retrofit, 120 map code retrofit initial, 16E and 16F and for Carplay i ordered original 143 FSC.
After i did the SIM swap like 3 years ago i was abble to renew all CD services each year using CD Store. I bought every year as separate services RTTI, BMW Online and Concierge (rest of them like Connected Drive Services, Remote, Teleservices, etc. are there without exiration since were bought with car from begining) and last year i was also able to order map update code (EVO) subscription 2 years directly from CD Store as since the 120 initial was issued officially and is in repair kit i have in CD Store option to buy map update.

For example in Download Manager App from BMW now i am offered the EVO map to download not NEXT as it should be since car was fitted with NBT from factory.

More, since EVO retrofit is official with all official FSC codes when i update services in car i get the EVO_ATM signed provisioning data so all is OK.

Only thing not working as it should in a factory fitted EVO_ATM car is LSC (last status call), the function that shows you in MyBMW app the status of car (windows, doors, fuel level, CC message and service intervals) but for this i have a workaround and i can share this with you.

My ATM with TCB SIM gets provisioning data based on factory ilevel so in provisioning file LSC is disabled. I can get provisioning file from another car that has factory fitted ATM and just load it to ATM with Tool32. This provides LSC data to BMW server and it starts showing in MyBMW App.

Here is how MyBMW app looks like with original provisioning downloaded from BMW servers via in car "Update BMW Services" and after i upload provisioning file with Toool32:

And here is how services are looking for this car in CD Cockpit:

As you can see i bought from CD Store:
- map update on 8.03.2020
- Concierge and RTTI on 25.05.2021

All this while i had TCB SIM swapped into an used ATM, operation which i did like 3 years ago.

Rest of services were there with car from new.

Last edited by Adrian_CRG; 09-12-2021 at 01:58 AM.. Reason: update
Appreciate 4
      09-12-2021, 02:03 AM   #24
Adrian_CRG
Enlisted Member
Romania
Rep

@ Tuerkay : i agree that coming from Combox to ATM services are not the same and is harder to get them but from TCB to ATM differences are Carplay, On-Street Parking Info and i think Email Exchange Server option.

Carplay is fixavle with original 143 FSC, and the other 2 options i dont need as Parking Info does not work in my country and dont use any Corporate Email server.

Last edited by Adrian_CRG; 09-12-2021 at 02:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 05:49 AM   #25
Tuerkay
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

Sorry i think i havenīt cleary wrote what i wanted to say.
TCB and ATM mostly have the same bookable services (same goes for Combox). Everything that was bookable with the TCB, will also work with the ATM. Like BMW Online, RTTI etc. This will mostly be the case if your car came with SA609 and the other online codes.
If remote services were not bookable before the swap, it will stay this way. You canīt add remote services to a car that hasnīt had remote services from factory.

Iīm currently in this situation with an retrofit i did for a friend. F25 with factory radio business. Car came with an TCB for emergency calls etc. I swapped the radio business with an NBT prof and registered that retrofit at my local dealer. TCB is till the factory one. Sadly he still canīt subscribe to RTTI. CD Department refused to add RTTI and other prof. services as subscribeable because car had no navigation from factory.

My combox to ATM retrofit would have worked, if i knew someone from BMW CD Department. Iīm only using RTTI, Online and Remote services. these are bookable from factory and would also be bookable after the retrofit. LSC would also work since, car was supported from factory.
But since "HW not supported for VIN", updating IMEI, ICCID etc. is not possible as long as there is no one in the CD Department, willing to add ATM/Evo as supported HW on the BMW Servers.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 06:05 AM   #26
Adrian_CRG
Enlisted Member
Romania
Rep

Yes, that is true, if car did not have 606 or 609 from factory or services are not available for factory configuration you can not convince CD support to add them. Based on my understanding in CD store services you can book for a car are generated automatically basied on original car configuration and factory ilevel.

For your friend with F25 and NBT retorfit you can manually make provisioning for NBT and TCB with Tool32 and have any services you want active. SInce NBT and TCB provisioning file are not signed they can be edited very easy.

In my case, now i am looking for somebody that can help with this ICCID update, i am willing to pay whatever it costs to have this fixed as until now i spent a lot of money on this upgrades. Only the 2 x new ATMs set me back about 1,600 euro.
      09-13-2021, 05:07 PM   #27
gabep
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian_CRG View Post
Only thing not working as it should in a factory fitted EVO_ATM car is LSC (last status call), the function that shows you in MyBMW app the status of car (windows, doors, fuel level, CC message and service intervals) but for this i have a workaround and i can share this with you.

My ATM with TCB SIM gets provisioning data based on factory ilevel so in provisioning file LSC is disabled. I can get provisioning file from another car that has factory fitted ATM and just load it to ATM with Tool32. This provides LSC data to BMW server and it starts showing in MyBMW App.
I have a setup basically identical to yours, but I had given up on the LSC issue. Since the provisioning data for EVO is signed (as opposed to the data for NBT), I had assumed one would have to alter the certificates in the head unit to tinker with the provisioning parameters. Would you mind going into some more detail about your workaround?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 12:05 AM   #28
Adrian_CRG
Enlisted Member
Romania
Rep

LSC functionality resides in ATM provisioning.
You dont need to alter the certificates or edit the file as it is signed.
Can use a provisioning file from a different car that has LSC active.
For a car that does not have LSC in provisioning lines are looking like this:
<lsc>
<active>0</active>
<url_lsc/>
<lsc_mode/>
<lsc_clamp15_execute/>
<lsc_trigger_mask/>
<lsc_calltype/>
</lsc>

while in a car with LSC active are looking like this:

<lsc>
<active>1</active>
<url_lsc>https://lsc.bmwgroup.de/lsc/LscBasisServlet</url_lsc>
<lsc_mode>0</lsc_mode>
<lsc_clamp15_execute>0</lsc_clamp15_execute>
<lsc_trigger_mask>00000000003F3FFE</lsc_trigger_mask>
<lsc_calltype>LSC_BASIS</lsc_calltype>
</lsc>

You can write a provisioning file to ATM using Tool32 > ATM.prg > steuern_provisioning_data
gabep3.00
      09-14-2021, 02:11 PM   #29
esi183
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 330d

Hey guys, thanks for progressing the discussion which is starting to answer some years old questions regarding ATM and the "newer" connected drive services.

I have a standard NBT and am looking into the Evo. One question I had relates to BMW dropping Online point of interest search (with cloud-based voice recognition and Google Places search) in the NBT. This happened in August 2021 for me. I'm still able to book the Online Services package, and the rest of the functionality works. Presumably this would transfer across to an Evo+ATM combination. But would the online search function work if it was a Vin-related service cancellation? Perhaps you guys who have the retrofit can look to see if it works?

On a related note - while the NBT only supported cloud-based voice recognition in the Online Search function, I presume there's a much more Online Voice Recognition functionality in Evo? Does this transfer across in the case of an Evo-ATM retrofit (coming from NBT-TCB) when buying the originally provisioned services?
Appreciate 1
XuLeTZ21.50
      09-14-2021, 03:30 PM   #30
gabep
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by esi183 View Post
Hey guys, thanks for progressing the discussion which is starting to answer some years old questions regarding ATM and the "newer" connected drive services.

I have a standard NBT and am looking into the Evo. One question I had relates to BMW dropping Online point of interest search (with cloud-based voice recognition and Google Places search) in the NBT. This happened in August 2021 for me. I'm still able to book the Online Services package, and the rest of the functionality works. Presumably this would transfer across to an Evo+ATM combination. But would the online search function work if it was a Vin-related service cancellation? Perhaps you guys who have the retrofit can look to see if it works?

On a related note - while the NBT only supported cloud-based voice recognition in the Online Search function, I presume there's a much more Online Voice Recognition functionality in Evo? Does this transfer across in the case of an Evo-ATM retrofit (coming from NBT-TCB) when buying the originally provisioned services?
As far as I know, Online Services is a sort of dumb data-pipe: anything that falls under that category in EVO should work just fine. For example, Voice Recognition, which is system-wide in iDrive 6, works as expected if you have Online Services from NBT/iDrive 4. Same goes for the built-in apps like Weather, News, Yelp, Google search, and yes the Google-backed POI search as well. One caveat: I'm in the US, things may be different across the pond.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 12:52 AM   #31
Adrian_CRG
Enlisted Member
Romania
Rep

Online Services and Server Based Voice Recognition works just fine in Europe with EVO-ATM but in EVO there is a FSC code for it 0x16E.
Apps like Weather, News, Weather Radar, Online Search, etc. works normal they only require car to have BMW Online service booked.
      09-15-2021, 03:27 AM   #32
esi183
Rep

Quote:
Online Services and Server Based Voice Recognition works just fine in Europe with EVO-ATM but in EVO there is a FSC code for it 0x16E.
Apps like Weather, News, Weather Radar, Online Search, etc. works normal they only require car to have BMW Online service booked.
This is really cool! @Adrian_CRG - do you mind sharing how much all of the genuine FSC codes cost you? If not publicly then happy to discuss in PM. Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 03:42 AM   #33
Adrian_CRG
Enlisted Member
Romania
Rep

A0, 120, 16E and 16F are about 800 euro.
143 for Carplay is 350 euro.

Prices includes local VAT which is 19%.
      09-15-2021, 05:24 AM   #34
esi183
Rep

Thanks so much for your reply.

Sorry for being uninformed. You said 16E is server-based voice recognition. What do 16F and A0 do? From reading your post above, is A0 a repair one (ie needed to retrofit secondhand hardware)?

Thanks a lot
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 05:47 AM   #35
Adrian_CRG
Enlisted Member
Romania
Rep

A0 - navigation app (required to be able to order map code for EVO)
120 - map code initial EVO Europe
16E - Voice Control
16F - Text to Speech (required for navigationvoice output)

Cars with NBT factory fitted have A0 already issued but based on that EVO map code can not be ordered. A0 need to be ordered again with part number for retrofit and then map code can be ordered for EVO.
      09-15-2021, 04:29 PM   #36
imperfectluck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 20' F87

Hey there Adrian_CRG, very useful posts, ever since BMW moved from connected drive to myBMW, I haven't been able to get the status update for my '14 F30 with a '18 retrofitted NBT id6. I thought it was just an API that they needed to enable but upon coming across the very important thing you mentioned being the LSC, my assumption is that for CD, there was a working LSC for TSC which I'm still using and ATM which seems like the only option myBMW has enabled. Being a developer, I was going to shoot them an email to figure out why it no longer worked for TSC related emails but you answered that for me .

Wanted to get the status info in the myBMW app because I run an e30 mix and would be nice to know how much fuel is left in the tank without having to guesstimate how much is left based on the ticks on the dial.

With the understanding of enabling the LSC which thankfully you've found out, would my best bet be to get a virgin ATM module and transplant my TCB from my current car to the ATM and write the modified file via tool32? Or is there a better way of going about it. Would really only care to retrofit the ATM for the LSC status, don't care for the CD services that exists in the portal.

Thanks also for the insightful posts, actually has spurred my interest in getting an ATM module to work in my F30.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 06:49 PM   #37
DADPAID
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

Hello, this might be a bit unrelated but I suppose it's worth a shot as everybody here seems to be much more knowledgeable than myself. I have a 2015 F30 335i, build date 7/2015. There seems to be a lot of speculation as to whether or not this car has a 4G TCB, but I can confirm it is still 3G (part number 8410938241901). I am not yet ready to drop a bunch of money on an upgrade to NBTEvo/ATM, but it seems there is some success (espescially on i3 forums) in upgrading to a 4G TCB. I was able to find one (part number 84106836777) and will be receiving it soon. However, I'm confused as to the coding process needed to get connecteddrive and remote services working. It seems that the IMEI and ICCID from the NBT and TCB need to match, but I am a total newbie when it comes to ISTA/P and have no idea how you'd go about this. Is it even possible? Dealer says no, but again the internet seems to have another opinion. Any insight into this super frustrating problem would be appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: May have answered my own question here- de-solder chips from current 3G TCB, install onto donor 4G TCB, VO code donor TCB to match VIN in NBT.... thoughts? Otherwise it seems to me that a new connecteddrive subscription would have to be purchased using the donor VIN (which seems difficult if not impossible given that there's no way of receiving the activation code on my HU???)

Last edited by DADPAID; 11-05-2021 at 10:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 02:13 PM   #38
TheShadow
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvalentine425 View Post
Hello, this might be a bit unrelated but I suppose it's worth a shot as everybody here seems to be much more knowledgeable than myself. I have a 2015 F30 335i, build date 7/2015. There seems to be a lot of speculation as to whether or not this car has a 4G TCB, but I can confirm it is still 3G (part number 8410938241901). I am not yet ready to drop a bunch of money on an upgrade to NBTEvo/ATM, but it seems there is some success (espescially on i3 forums) in upgrading to a 4G TCB. I was able to find one (part number 84106836777) and will be receiving it soon. However, I'm confused as to the coding process needed to get connecteddrive and remote services working. It seems that the IMEI and ICCID from the NBT and TCB need to match, but I am a total newbie when it comes to ISTA/P and have no idea how you'd go about this. Is it even possible? Dealer says no, but again the internet seems to have another opinion. Any insight into this super frustrating problem would be appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: May have answered my own question here- de-solder chips from current 3G TCB, install onto donor 4G TCB, VO code donor TCB to match VIN in NBT.... thoughts? Otherwise it seems to me that a new connecteddrive subscription would have to be purchased using the donor VIN (which seems difficult if not impossible given that there's no way of receiving the activation code on my HU???)
As i stated in Post 18 and 21, even if this works today, it will be deactivated sometime shortly after 2/28/2022.

BMW will deactivate all TCB eSim accounts at that time instead of paying a $1 or 2 a month to ATT for 3G Service Accounts that no longer work on their system.

And even if they didn’t, you could not add Connected Drive on to your VIN based Account.

So better to just return the unit your purchased for refund.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 02:44 AM   #39
jacques1959
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw e91lci/nbt-evo

hi guys,
i rtrofitted NBT2 with matching atm in my e91, allmost everything works, i even can buy things in the connecteddrive store.
But communication with the "MYBMW"app is not happening, when i use the old connecteddrive classic app i can read everything.
So a problem with connected services?
someone can clarify?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 06:20 PM   #40
piknuie
Rep
Drives: bnw 420i

oh god please i found this thread and maybe save me. now a month ago I have retrofitted an atm control unit (I still had the tcb even if mounted evo id6).

I finally decided to post-mount the atm. Services working perfectly (weather, news, flickr and even concierge service) but remote services have not been able to enable them.
I have read about tool32 encodings and I don't think my editor used it.

Can you also help me by paying?

I thought it was an iccid / imei problem, but surely CD won't update them for me.

please help me!

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 03:17 AM   #41
piknuie
Rep

I call Connected Drive, and I got the icid they see associated. Corresponds to my new ATM and no longer TCB. So I don't understand, if the BMW servers see the new ICCID why aren't the remote services communicating?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 10:41 AM   #42
piknuie
Rep

Ok now service remote work perfectly. No problem.
So RTTI and Status door (LSC) not working..... can help me? I am desperate.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2022, 09:56 PM   #43
tsin
Registered
Rep
Drives: f22

hi
how to read provisioning data from ATM
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2022, 08:02 PM   #44
jsn1
Enlisted Member
Mexico
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 F26

Quote:
LSC functionality resides in ATM provisioning.
You dont need to alter the certificates or edit the file as it is signed.
Can use a provisioning file from a different car that has LSC active.
For a car that does not have LSC in provisioning lines are looking like this:
<lsc>
<active>0</active>
<url_lsc/>
<lsc_mode/>
<lsc_clamp15_execute/>
<lsc_trigger_mask/>
<lsc_calltype/>
</lsc>

while in a car with LSC active are looking like this:

<lsc>
<active>1</active>
<url_lsc>https://lsc.bmwgroup.de/lsc/LscBasisServlet</url_lsc>
<lsc_mode>0</lsc_mode>
<lsc_clamp15_execute>0</lsc_clamp15_execute>
<lsc_trigger_mask>00000000003F3FFE</lsc_trigger_mask>
<lsc_calltype>LSC_BASIS</lsc_calltype>
</lsc>

You can write a provisioning file to ATM using Tool32 > ATM.prg > steuern_provisioning_data
Hi Adrian_CRG

I swapped my esim from a water damaged ATM to a good ATM and now the ICCID has updated, IMEI stayed the same, however nothing appears to be working or giving error messages.

Do you think I should update a provision file or what would you do?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0