F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > F30_SixSpeed 335i M Sport Build: 528 whp & 570 wtq | PS2 Turbo, FBO, XDI-35 + more!
GetBMWParts

09-20-2017, 11:54 PM   #111
peopleschoice1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' 335i Msport / 960whp Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30_SixSpeed View Post
M Performance Big Brake is in

Absolutely love how they look. Rotors are huge and almost completely fill up the whole wheel well. Cannot comment on the performance aspect of them yet... have not had much seat time with them (just got them in yesterday.) Just finished bedding in the brakes and need to code for them... planning on getting that done this week. Also - absolutely no noise from them.

UPDATE 9/11/17 - Got the brakes coded over the weekend. Definitely recommend this if you pick up a BBK. Initial pedal feel and firmness has improved about 25% and brakes seem more responsive. I've had some seat time with the car with many high speed braking. Overall, day to day driving their isn't a huge improvement over the stock brembos... pedal feel is about the same. There may be slightly less initial bite but that could be the more aggressive pads I'm running. It's barely noticeable once you've driven a few days with them. Once the brakes get a little heat in them, the stopping power is great. Where these brakes really shine is the high speed braking. The feeling is very linear and when the brakes are applied hard it will stop you in a hurry... absolutely no fade or performance decrease after multiple stops... which is a problem I experienced with my stock brakes (they started to fade and stopping power was reduced until they cooled back down.) Overall they are definitely an upgrade and I am happy I went through with them. Unless you are tracking the car or doing high speed braking, they probably aren't a huge improvement (for the price) over the stock brembos... but when you take into account high speed braking and track days, these are a lot better then the stock setup. They look badass too.

These are the complete details of the kit I'm running.
  • M Performance Big Brake Kit (Red)
  • 370mm front/345mm rear rotors
  • Stoptech Street Performance Front Brake Pads
  • Stoptech Stainless Steel Brake Lines

Thanks again for the update. Did the dealer do the install? how come you went with different front pads and how's the brake dust so far compared to stock?
Appreciate 2
david51537.50
      09-21-2017, 08:14 AM   #112
TBN54
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08' E92 335 -> 17' F30 340i

One of my favorite F30s. Love everything about it.
Appreciate 1
      09-21-2017, 10:10 AM   #113
F30_SixSpeed
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleschoice1 View Post
Thanks again for the update. Did the dealer do the install? how come you went with different front pads and how's the brake dust so far compared to stock?
I had a local BMW Indy shop do the install. I then went to a local friend to do the coding for the brakes (in the meantime I got a bunch of other stuff coded as well.)

I went with the stoptech pads because based on other users feedback, the pedal was a bit spongy and initial bite wasn't good with the BMW pads. I heard dust was terrible as well.

The stoptechs are very nice. No noise, little dust (less dust then my stock gray brembo m sport brakes) and the initial bite is like stock. So they are a win/win for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBN54 View Post
One of my favorite F30s. Love everything about it.
Thanks my man!! Good luck with the new 340

335i M Sport 6MT || PS2 Turbo, FBO, XDI-35 HPFP, BM3, KW, MP BBK, OEM+
INSTAGRAM || BUILD THREAD
Appreciate 1
      09-21-2017, 10:57 AM   #114
peopleschoice1
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I had a local BMW Indy shop do the install. I then went to a local friend to do the coding for the brakes (in the meantime I got a bunch of other stuff coded as well.)

I went with the stoptech pads because based on other users feedback, the pedal was a bit spongy and initial bite wasn't good with the BMW pads. I heard dust was terrible as well.

The stoptechs are very nice. No noise, little dust (less dust then my stock gray brembo m sport brakes) and the initial bite is like stock. So they are a win/win for me.
Nice Can you send me link to where you bought stoptech pads. Also did you use stock brake fluid?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 02:57 PM   #115
F30_SixSpeed
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleschoice1 View Post
Nice Can you send me link to where you bought stoptech pads. Also did you use stock brake fluid?
Stock brake fluid. I PM'ed you the link.

Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 05:04 PM   #116
peopleschoice1
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Stock brake fluid. I PM'ed you the link.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2017, 08:30 AM   #117
F30_SixSpeed
Captain
Rep

Had a blast over the weekend at Beast Coast Shootout Event at Maple Groove Raceway in PA. We had a huge BMW turnout and a lot of N55s/f80s there.

Shoutout to Aatish for some badass pics

Last edited by F30_SixSpeed; 10-02-2017 at 10:45 AM..
Appreciate 3
Aatish3458.00
Styx58.00
F36GC_NYC159.50
      10-02-2017, 09:34 AM   #118
lens
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Had a blast over the weekend at Beast Coast Shootout Event at Maple Groove Raceway in PA. We had a huge BMW turnout and a lot of N55s/f80s there.

Shootout to Aatish for some badass pics

Should clear your inbox messages lol
      10-02-2017, 10:46 AM   #119
F30_SixSpeed
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaungo View Post
Should clear your inbox messages lol
Now its me lol... done

Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 09:07 PM   #120
Calvin36
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M Sport

Quote:

Shoutout to Aatish for some badass pics

Looks damn good!!
      10-12-2017, 11:46 AM   #121
f30bluedragon
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' f30 335i msport EBII

Quote:

Hi all,

Earlier this year, I was on a hunt for a 335i. Due to the options I wanted it (M sport, estoril blue, 6 speed, technology package, etc.) it took a few months, but I eventually found exactly what I was looking for and drove a few states down to pick it up. Car is fully loaded with 6MT.

I told myself I'd keep the car mostly stock, but got a little itch and I am now almost FBO + tune a couple months later. I will keep this car balanced with practicality, looks and performance. I do track the car a decent amount, but also want to keep the car as a nice weekend warrior and a car I can take on long trips without worrying about any problems... so again drivability/practicality is big for me.

I'll continue to update this thread as time goes on.

Modifications

Looks:
  • M Performance Gloss Black Dual Slate Kidney Grilles
  • M Performance Rear Spoiler
  • M Performance Front Lip (painted gloss black & estoril blue)
  • M Performance Side Skirt Extensions (painted gloss black)
  • M Performance Rear Diffuser (painted gloss black)
  • Color Matched Rear Bumper Reflectors (painted gloss black)
  • Color Matched Front Reflectors
  • Silver OEM Front Corner Bulbs
  • 35% Tint
  • BMW 437m OEM wheels (silver finish) with Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 Tires
    • 19x9” et29 fronts with 235/35/19
    • 19x10” et40 rears with 265/30/19

Performance/Suspension/Brakes
  • AFE Open Air Intake with Dryflow Filter
  • BootMod3 Back End Flash (Pro Tuning Freaks)
  • JB4 with Bluetooth Module (Daily Drive on 93 Pump & Track/Race days I run e40 mixture) *currently disabled
  • Various Computer Coding Done
  • Evolution Racewerks Charge Pipes (anodized black)
  • Wagner Tuning Catted Downpipe
  • AWE Tuning Exhaust with Performance Mid-pipe, 102mm Chrome Silver Tips
  • CTS Front Mount Intercooler
  • Go Fast Bits (GFB) DV+ Diverter Valve
  • N20 NGK Spark Plugs Gapped at .020
  • BMS Short Throw Clutch Stop
  • KW V2 Coilovers w/ KW EDC Module
  • M Performance Big Brake Kit (Red)
    • 370mm front/345mm rear rotors
    • Stoptech Street Performance Front Brake Pads
    • Stoptech Stainless Steel Brake Lines
400whp, 473wtrq

Future
  • A Few M Performance Interior bits
  • Pure Stage 1 or 2

NEWEST PICS || CURRENT LOOK

Old Forgestar Setup on stock suspension - Fall 2016
Hey great build man! I was wondering why you disabled the jb4 and was the bootmod3 a better choice?
Appreciate 1
      10-12-2017, 08:36 PM   #122
F30_SixSpeed
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30bluedragon View Post
Hey great build man! I was wondering why you disabled the jb4 and was the bootmod3 a better choice?
Thanks man!

Regarding BM3 & JB4 comparison... I wrote this in another thread where a member was trying to pick between the two:

BM3 is far superior then JB4 from a drivability standpoint. It's also Safer and more consistent as you can change AFR and don't get timing drops... jb4 cannot change the air/fuel ratio. BM3 is also a lot more expensive when you compare them side to side. JB4 isn't bad for a plug and play application and it can make some nice power... but for me it just didn't drive as nice as stock. BM3 and flash tunes are miles ahead because you are actually tuning the cars computer (ecu) and the jb4 is a piggyback that uses the stock tune and is basically tricking the computer to up boost and change certain parameters... bmws are pretty advanced so jb4 are able to be successful with it and somewhat safe for longterm use... just again I didn't feel the consistency in between pulls or day to day.

Both can be set it and forget it type of tunes if you want them to be. JB4 set it up and pick a map... BM3 set it up and leave the map... but BM3 you need to pull/unlock the ecu the first time so it is harder to set up.

If I were to choose between the two... BM3 by a long shot.

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 02:57 AM   #123
f30bluedragon
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' f30 335i msport EBII

Quote:
Thanks man!

Regarding BM3 & JB4 comparison... I wrote this in another thread where a member was trying to pick between the two:

BM3 is far superior then JB4 from a drivability standpoint. It's also Safer and more consistent as you can change AFR and don't get timing drops... jb4 cannot change the air/fuel ratio. BM3 is also a lot more expensive when you compare them side to side. JB4 isn't bad for a plug and play application and it can make some nice power... but for me it just didn't drive as nice as stock. BM3 and flash tunes are miles ahead because you are actually tuning the cars computer (ecu) and the jb4 is a piggyback that uses the stock tune and is basically tricking the computer to up boost and change certain parameters... bmws are pretty advanced so jb4 are able to be successful with it and somewhat safe for longterm use... just again I didn't feel the consistency in between pulls or day to day.

Both can be set it and forget it type of tunes if you want them to be. JB4 set it up and pick a map... BM3 set it up and leave the map... but BM3 you need to pull/unlock the ecu the first time so it is harder to set up.

If I were to choose between the two... BM3 by a long shot.
Thanks for the reply! I just installed the JB4 and im running map 2 so it feels decent, but i really want to get the BM3 since everyone has been hyping it up. Is there a way to run both tunes at the same time? Or do I need to sell the JB4 and then instal the BM3??
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 08:47 AM   #124
F30_SixSpeed
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30bluedragon View Post
Thanks for the reply! I just installed the JB4 and im running map 2 so it feels decent, but i really want to get the BM3 since everyone has been hyping it up. Is there a way to run both tunes at the same time? Or do I need to sell the JB4 and then instal the BM3??
I mean BM3 is definitely better

JB4 was pretty good too so I am not bashing it, but a flash tune will always be better. My JB4 setup pulled hard, but I would get these random boost surges mid pull and between shifts that drove me nuts lol... plus some timing drops. None of which I see with a flash tune/BM3. My BM3 setup is faster as well.

To answer your question - yes you can stack. JB4 can be used for meth control or port injection and you can run the back end flash to control everything else. If not using these, its not really worth it to stack. Some use JB4 for boost control and use a BEF for AFR and timing, etc. but there is no reason as it adds complexity and again you may suffer from overall smoothness and drivability which as you can tell is big for me. My car drives as smooth as stock, just a lot faster. Down low for everyday driving it feels awesome, JB4 was a bit finicky with hard boost and torque out of no where. I didn't really notice it as much until I actually switched to BM3 and now the difference was clear to me. This is my experience.

Also - no real need for me to stack, stock turbo is maxed out on current tune so I see no benefit from the JB4. I am keeping it for now just in case I plan to utilize it in the future and no point in really selling it ATM, but honestly I don't see myself using it anytime soon lol.

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 12:59 AM   #125
zcspec
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911/Boxster/Model Y

I've always enjoyed your build and am glad to see you've gone down the road on a few of the items I am considering. As much as I'd love to go as low as where you're at, I already scrape my front lip bolts while lowered on H&Rs...but damn, your ride height looks good. This also means losing my EDC in favor of either Bilsteins or Ohlins. Decisions, decisions...
Appreciate 1
      10-16-2017, 09:09 PM   #126
antonsherb
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E93 335i Convertible

Such a great looking car, so clean! I'm jealous of the 6MT and Estoril Blue combo, definitely rare.
Appreciate 1
      10-17-2017, 07:59 AM   #127
F30_SixSpeed
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcspec View Post
I've always enjoyed your build and am glad to see you've gone down the road on a few of the items I am considering. As much as I'd love to go as low as where you're at, I already scrape my front lip bolts while lowered on H&Rs...but damn, your ride height looks good. This also means losing my EDC in favor of either Bilsteins or Ohlins. Decisions, decisions...
Appreciate the kind words! You have some good options there for a drop... remember, as you probably know, you can adjust the coil overs up more and not drop them significantly... one of the benefits of coils. Could be an option for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsherb View Post
Such a great looking car, so clean! I'm jealous of the 6MT and Estoril Blue combo, definitely rare.
Thanks boss!! Yes took me a while to find this combo and then I picked it up a few states away when I decided to go for it and pull the trigger. It is quite rare I haven't seen to many RWD, 6MT, EB combos out there.

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 08:03 AM   #128
F30_SixSpeed
Captain
Rep

Added some new custom rear side skirt blades that extend into the rear diffuser. I like them.... They are pretty subtle and complete the whole lip kit now.

Appreciate 1
itachi_d207.50
      10-17-2017, 09:42 AM   #129
cdwalls
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F32

I absolutely love this car! Hope my EBII f32 looks half as decent as this when I'm done with it.
Appreciate 2
      10-17-2017, 05:17 PM   #130
7iM3less
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Added some new custom rear side skirt blades that extend into the rear diffuser. I like them.... They are pretty subtle and complete the whole lip kit now.

Love what you did with extending the defuser on the bottom horizontal line.
Appreciate 2
      10-21-2017, 01:49 AM   #131
Mr. Relaxation
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 F31 328i

Garage List
This is a god damned car that will mark new generations of BMW love.
Appreciate 1
      10-28-2017, 10:18 PM   #132
F30_SixSpeed
Captain
Rep

Appreciate 5