F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Cool feature, find something, learn anything?
Extreme Powerhouse

03-18-2016, 10:22 PM   #1409
ErkanTR16
64-bit
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 340i xDrive

Garage List
German Engineering.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      03-20-2016, 05:30 AM   #1410
Jason954x
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttomanTR16
German Engineering.
Why would you want to put your drinks there? "ass flavored red bull" That's nasty.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2016, 09:41 AM   #1411
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason954x View Post
Why would you want to put your drinks there? "ass flavored red bull" That's nasty.
Do you sit in your seat backwards? I'm not sure how you sit in your seat, but that's where your legs/thighs would be, not your ass...
      03-20-2016, 11:17 AM   #1412
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttomanTR16 View Post
German Engineering.
That's Amazing.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2016, 02:27 PM   #1413
ErkanTR16
64-bit
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 340i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason954x
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttomanTR16
German Engineering.
I use one of my cup holders for my iPhone and wallet. Other one had a bottled water. Red Bulls were for the Vodka.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 05:33 PM   #1414
RAK92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i Coupe M Sport

So I figured out how to get the wipers to the 12 o'clock position so I can pull them out from the windshield when I wash the car.

What I don't like is that you have to let the wipers slide over the windshield to do this rather than just pull them outward. The OCD in me hates that (wipers going over a dry windshield).
Appreciate 1
      03-26-2016, 03:59 AM   #1415
bhawkdrvr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 3ThrityFizzl3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAK92 View Post
So I figured out how to get the wipers to the 12 o'clock position so I can pull them out from the windshield when I wash the car.

What I don't like is that you have to let the wipers slide over the windshield to do this rather than just pull them outward. The OCD in me hates that (wipers going over a dry windshield).
Soooo.... How's it done?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2016, 10:29 PM   #1416
SLOWER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 M3

Garage List
Finally figured out that the headlights have to be on AUTO in order to activate the auto high beams.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2016, 11:11 AM   #1417
tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Rocc View Post
This is good for people with full service pumps, so that no doors have to be unlocked while at the pump. (All pumps are Full Service here)

Also, to test you would have another person on the outside, and just ask them to try to unlock gas lid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Rocc View Post
Confirmed it as well with my brother's 2016 X1, that the gas tank can be opened without unlocking doors (while inside). I wonder if it locks at a certain speed while driving, and then unlocks under a certain speed?

Do you think it could be opened while driving? Going to try test that out this weekend (hope I don't get my arm chopped off) LOL.
I did actually test this last week. I rolled down the passenger side window and reached in the car and locked the doors after I got out of the car. The gas door still opened. So it does only lock if the car is locked with the fob or with the comfort access button. Fascinating.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2016, 11:12 AM   #1418
tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWER View Post
Finally figured out that the headlights have to be on AUTO in order to activate the auto high beams.
Correct. Also to activate the cornering lights and the adaptive headlight control (swiveling).
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2016, 08:35 PM   #1419
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i Gran Coupe (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex2670 View Post
I did actually test this last week. I rolled down the passenger side window and reached in the car and locked the doors after I got out of the car. The gas door still opened. So it does only lock if the car is locked with the fob or with the comfort access button. Fascinating.
Cool!! Now I am still wondering if it locks at a certain speed? Havent got the time to try it yet. Lol
My Ride! : 2015 428i GC (F36) - MSport, Alpine, Black Leather, MBrakes, Adaptive, Sport Seats, Hex. Alum w/Piano, HK Sound, 400m's, Comfort Acc. When I’m not Driving: https://youtube.com/shorts/ViKD_Hj5htE?feature=share
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2016, 07:03 AM   #1420
RAK92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawkdrvr View Post
Soooo.... How's it done?
From the manual:

Fold-out position of the wipers
Fold wipers back when you want to change the
blades or with pending low temperatures.
1. Switch the ignition on and off again.
2. With icy conditions make sure that blades
are not frozen to the windshield.
3. Press the wiper lever up beyond the point
of resistance and hold it for approx. 3 seconds,
until the wiper remains in a nearly
vertical position.
After the wipers are folded back down, the
wiper system must be reactivated.

My issue being that you have to activate the wipers to get them to that position (you can't pull them out when they are in the 'off' position). If you're doing this when the windshield is dry, you will have the wipers go over a dry windshield. Just something to remember...
Appreciate 1
      03-28-2016, 08:00 AM   #1421
Mudnut
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 s25d

My issue being that you have to activate the wipers to get them to that position (you can't pull them out when they are in the 'off' position). If you're doing this when the windshield is dry, you will have the wipers go over a dry windshield. Just something to remember...[/QUOTE]

I will have to remember to wet the windshield before I try this procedure. Would be easy to just give it a spray with the hose first. Then with water near by I can test the blades once positioned.

Cheers,

Ken
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2016, 08:22 AM   #1422
RAK92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudnut View Post
My issue being that you have to activate the wipers to get them to that position (you can't pull them out when they are in the 'off' position). If you're doing this when the windshield is dry, you will have the wipers go over a dry windshield. Just something to remember...
I will have to remember to wet the windshield before I try this procedure. Would be easy to just give it a spray with the hose first. Then with water near by I can test the blades once positioned.

Cheers,

Ken[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. I was a bit confused when I first read the procedure in the manual until I tried it first hand. In the future, I'll just make sure the windshield is wet.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 02:07 PM   #1423
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex2670
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWER View Post
Correct. Also to activate the cornering lights and the adaptive headlight control (swiveling).
I have 46k miles on my F30 and didn't realize the lights only swivel when in the Auto position.
      04-11-2016, 06:11 PM   #1424
BimmerF32_430i
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

I guess not really a standard feature, but I coded my windows and sunroof to close via keyfob. I knew they worked while the car was off, but what I didn't know was that I can fold mirrors and close mirrors/sunroof via keyfob while car is still on. Went inside a store to drop off something (car was on and locked) and while waiting saw it started raining lightly and I was able to close the windows and sunroof. Very cool
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 12:02 PM   #1425
Neroht
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F36 430i xdrive LCI 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micleg View Post
So noone is using some of the 1-8 presets for radio stations?
Bara för oss med 7-8 radiostationer..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2016, 09:48 PM   #1426
depeltea
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Xdrive MSport 6MT

Trunk Opens Waving Foot Side-To-Side

Thanks everyone for this thread. Even after reading most of the manual there's still a lot to be gleaned from reading this thread.

For my first post I thought I'd drudge up the foot trunk opening feature again for a couple of reasons.

First, initially I tried using it with my foot just a little off the ground. Then, I found it worked much better if I raised my foot much higher, almost to the bottom of the underside of the bumper, likely just underneath the sensor.

Second, I'd like to second the person who said that it could also be used by waving your foot from side to side because I think someone soon after quoted the manual to him/her saying you have to move your foot straight in and out...

It struck me as odd that it could only be used moving your foot straight in and out right under the middle of the trunk. I figured: a) it would take extra engineering effort and cost to make it so; and b) it would be more difficult to use at a time when your hands are full and you want it to be easy and foolproof. I may have been missing something but I tried waving my foot from side to side (while holding it well off the ground) and it worked, 3 or 4 times in a row.

Perhaps the straight in/out only thing applies on other model years but on my 2013 335 in Canada side to side also works. Give side-to-side a try.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2016, 09:56 PM   #1427
mbanks21
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i MSport

I can do the trunk 100% of the time now. You need to stand back from the car, don't be right up on it. Just kick straight forward and back, don't leave your foot under there at all.
      07-12-2016, 06:48 PM   #1428
AWMSPORT
1ST CLASS AWMSPORT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' 328 MSPORT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcl0328 View Post
this is what i use:

1 - sport display
2- spa (satellite station)
3- bpm (satellite station)
4- electro (forget the name, satellite station)
5 - nothing yet
6 - check engine oil level
7 - nav to home
8 - nav to work
Are you talking about the one through eight buttons on the radio I could change that too sport display or something else besides satellite radio stations and radio station? If so please tell me how it's done
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 07:00 PM   #1429
rjc32000
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335Xi M Sport 6MT

{Note: first half of my post is shameless repost of a post done by Boltjames--credit to him if still around!) The presets are mine:

Helpful hint:

Navigate to the option you want with the iDrive controller, such as trip information, but don't click on it, just highlight it.

Now press and hold one of the 1-8 buttons on the dash for a couple of seconds, until you hear a beep. That button will now do whatever it is you were highlighting- from anywhere in the iDrive screens.

With your home address, for example, navigate to Recent Destinations, highlight your home address, and press/hold a 1-8 button.

For radio stations, navigate to Radio Presets and highlight the station on that list as it'll set your HUD in the Preset list.

Another Hint:

If you don't remeber what you assigned to number, just gently rest the finger on the number button, but don't press, it has touch sensor and it will show you assigned function in the top line of iDrive.

My presets:

1. Radio presets (i.e., I created a list of all my fav stations: AM/FM & SAT and added them to a list and then assigned that list radio preset #1. So I hit #1 and then use my thumb wheel on steering wheel to navigate through stations and select one I want--and I can do it all with HU display!)
2. Climate: I use parked car ventilation all the time, and this is quickest way there.
3. Snap in Adapter
4. Nav
5. Sport display
6. Split Screen (I'm too lazy to scroll through iDrive)
7. Home address: No matter where I am, I press it and it shows me the way home.
8. My Wife's BMW profile (also assigned to her key fob): Let's say I had to much to drink over dinner with the wife. She hops in driver's seat, presses the preset and all of her settings are entered: seat position, side mirror positions, climate presets, radio presets, EVERYTHING! Next time I hop in, I just press preset 8 (her preset 8 is my profile, and vice versa) and all of my setting are restored exactly! I don't have to adjust my seat, I don't have to adjust my mirrors, I don't have to change the station or turn down the heat. Brilliant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephanite View Post
I would like to know what would be the most useful shortcuts o add on the 1-8 buttons
2013 328Xi M Sport - Glacier Silver - RETIRED
Appreciate 6
CalCarNut1060.50
      07-12-2016, 07:10 PM   #1430
vp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY18 430GC

Can you please tell me how you "create a list"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjc32000 View Post
{Note: first half of my post is shameless repost of a post done by Boltjames--credit to him if still around!) The presets are mine:

Helpful hint:

Navigate to the option you want with the iDrive controller, such as trip information, but don't click on it, just highlight it.

Now press and hold one of the 1-8 buttons on the dash for a couple of seconds, until you hear a beep. That button will now do whatever it is you were highlighting- from anywhere in the iDrive screens.

With your home address, for example, navigate to Recent Destinations, highlight your home address, and press/hold a 1-8 button.

For radio stations, navigate to Radio Presets and highlight the station on that list as it'll set your HUD in the Preset list.

Another Hint:

If you don't remeber what you assigned to number, just gently rest the finger on the number button, but don't press, it has touch sensor and it will show you assigned function in the top line of iDrive.

My presets:

1. Radio presets (i.e., I created a list of all my fav stations: AM/FM & SAT and added them to a list and then assigned that list radio preset #1. So I hit #1 and then use my thumb wheel on steering wheel to navigate through stations and select one I want--and I can do it all with HU display!)
2. Climate: I use parked car ventilation all the time, and this is quickest way there.
3. Snap in Adapter
4. Nav
5. Sport display
6. Split Screen (I'm too lazy to scroll through iDrive)
7. Home address: No matter where I am, I press it and it shows me the way home.
8. My Wife's BMW profile (also assigned to her key fob): Let's say I had to much to drink over dinner with the wife. She hops in driver's seat, presses the preset and all of her settings are entered: seat position, side mirror positions, climate presets, radio presets, EVERYTHING! Next time I hop in, I just press preset 8 (her preset 8 is my profile, and vice versa) and all of my setting are restored exactly! I don't have to adjust my seat, I don't have to adjust my mirrors, I don't have to change the station or turn down the heat. Brilliant!
Appreciate 0