F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Changing the F30 Adaptive LED headlights to F32 Adaptive Headlights
proTUNING Freaks

01-13-2022, 10:59 AM   #1
MagnusAG99
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330e

Changing the F30 Adaptive LED headlights to F32 Adaptive Headlights

So im in the process of changing the entire front end of my F30 to the F32 M sport front, which includes the LCI1 LED adaptive headlights. I have the Adaptive LED headlights option 552 that came on the F30, will i have to code anything for the LCI1 F32/F80/F82 adaptive headlights to work? A moderator on the Norwegian BMW forum who owns an M4 offered to sell them to me for a ridiculously low price, so i have already bought them. But i cant for the life of me figure out if theyre gonna be plug and play...

I found older forum posts of M6`s, 4-series`s, M3`s and M4`s with adaptive LED headlights, and all of them seems to have the exact same pins. But when i find partial pics of the pins on the F30 adaptive LED headlights, they got fewer pins than the all the other adaptive LED headlights ive seen? I also cant find any diagrams which explains what the different pins do for the F30 Adaptive LEDs, i can only find one which is for the regular F30 LEDs. From what i know, the left pin on the bottom row is usually the high beams, and it makes sense its missing on both of these headlights since theyre adaptive and that pin is only for the non adaptive headlights. And i know the LCI1 headlights got a 5th reflector which is the cornering light, so thats probably occupying one other pin. But that still leaves two pins that i dont know what does?

Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 01:04 PM   #2
smrtypants44
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i

I have pre-lci but on my f32 the high beams are a different set of led clusters.