F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Leasing 101 / FAQ (BMW emphasis)
ARMA SPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-03-2015, 02:13 PM   #199
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
1081
Rep
2,448
Posts

Drives: 2015 AY M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent11202
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
It depends. You can always try and negotiate the lease end price, but usually you can't save a ton. This is why it's never recommended to lease with the plan of buying at the end. This is especially true when the residuals are high.
Interesting that they aren't that flexible at lease end but I understand what you are saying. I guess it's just as easy to take the car back and hope to recover the lesser value (to some extent) from the subsequent customer that shows an interest in it. You would think it's easier for them to take a little bit of a bath on it (by lowering the residual) rather than take a chance they can recoup. These people (BMW) are not stupid so I'd almost bet they offer up a REALLY good deal on a new unit in a case like this to minimize the financial difference - lose some on the lease return but make up all (or most) on the new unit.

I have no idea what I will face at lease end but I'm pretty sure they won't be happy with my steadfast refusal to get another BMW - as they say, "That's the way the Mercedes Benz."
You'll be OK on lease return. Just make sure your tire type matches when you go to hand it in.
__________________
2013 E92 M3 LMB (gone but not forgotten)
2015 AY F80 M3 ED 7/9/15 Drop off 7/20/15 Redelivery 8/25/15
My AY M3 ED
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 02:54 PM   #200
shamshir
Private
73
Rep
51
Posts

Drives: 2016 M3
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

The dealers have become wise to the game. They know we can look up the invoice, so they agree to "$1000 over invoice" or whatever. They just slip in a dozen different fees in addition to acquisition and registration.

How do you account for the $1000 Ultimate Drive credit? Can it go into the Cap Cost?

And what is this $750 rebate I heard about?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 03:06 PM   #201
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
1081
Rep
2,448
Posts

Drives: 2015 AY M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamshir
The dealers have become wise to the game. They know we can look up the invoice, so they agree to "$1000 over invoice" or whatever. They just slip in a dozen different fees in addition to acquisition and registration.

How do you account for the $1000 Ultimate Drive credit? Can it go into the Cap Cost?

And what is this $750 rebate I heard about?
The credit comes off the negotiated price. So yes the cap cost. Dealers make most of their money on service and used car sales. New car sale profits are thinner, but with BMW bonus pay comes from positive reviews after purchase.
__________________
2013 E92 M3 LMB (gone but not forgotten)
2015 AY F80 M3 ED 7/9/15 Drop off 7/20/15 Redelivery 8/25/15
My AY M3 ED
Appreciate 1
      10-03-2015, 10:44 PM   #202
shamshir
Private
73
Rep
51
Posts

Drives: 2016 M3
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

"$750 Option Credit also available on BMW M3 Sedan. All credits offset MSRP. "

I'm not clear on how to account for this. If I subtract $750 from MSRP, my monthly payments go up.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 11:05 PM   #203
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
1081
Rep
2,448
Posts

Drives: 2015 AY M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamshir
"$750 Option Credit also available on BMW M3 Sedan. All credits offset MSRP. "

I'm not clear on how to account for this. If I subtract $750 from MSRP, my monthly payments go up.
Credit really comes off of the negotiated price. The lease msrp doesn't change.
__________________
2013 E92 M3 LMB (gone but not forgotten)
2015 AY F80 M3 ED 7/9/15 Drop off 7/20/15 Redelivery 8/25/15
My AY M3 ED
Appreciate 2
      10-04-2015, 03:37 PM   #204
shamshir
Private
73
Rep
51
Posts

Drives: 2016 M3
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
Credit really comes off of the negotiated price. The lease msrp doesn't change.
OneRib if this were Reddit, I'd give you gold for all your info.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2015, 03:55 PM   #205
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
1081
Rep
2,448
Posts

Drives: 2015 AY M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamshir
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
Credit really comes off of the negotiated price. The lease msrp doesn't change.
OneRib if this were Reddit, I'd give you gold for all your info.
Thanks and you can always just hit the appreciate button.
__________________
2013 E92 M3 LMB (gone but not forgotten)
2015 AY F80 M3 ED 7/9/15 Drop off 7/20/15 Redelivery 8/25/15
My AY M3 ED
Appreciate 6
      10-15-2015, 07:47 PM   #206
135iUSN
Z3M.135i
135iUSN's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
1,446
Posts

Drives: 135i Alpine White / Terra
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SW Florida

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
'15 328d wagon

56330 msrp
7823 discount includes BMW incentives (I still have USAA to add to discount)
48507 price

974 ace - pay up front
599 doc fee (high but Atlanta going price)
300 tax - pay up front
270 title work fee for out of state purchase, so they say. I think 599 should cover it
3 new car warranty - odd

50,653 bal

10/36
64%
.00175 - elevated

475 payment
__________________
'16 Land Rover LR4 Landmark
'09 135i /Dinan Stage 2/Alpine White w/Terracotta /High Gloss Black Trim/ZCW/ZPP/ZSP w/313's /CA/PDC/ Steptronic
'99 Imola M Roadster, '15 i3 Rex retired among others
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2015, 10:19 PM   #207
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
1081
Rep
2,448
Posts

Drives: 2015 AY M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135iUSN
'15 328d wagon

56330 msrp
7823 discount includes BMW incentives (I still have USAA to add to discount)
48507 price

974 ace - pay up front
599 doc fee (high but Atlanta going price)
300 tax - pay up front
270 title work fee for out of state purchase, so they say. I think 599 should cover it
3 new car warranty - odd

50,653 bal

10/36
64%
.00175 - elevated

475 payment
Don't like the elevated MF. It's OK if the discount is beyond other deals for that model and balances it out. They are charging $3 dollars for new car warranty?
__________________
2013 E92 M3 LMB (gone but not forgotten)
2015 AY F80 M3 ED 7/9/15 Drop off 7/20/15 Redelivery 8/25/15
My AY M3 ED
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2015, 12:17 PM   #208
TophrHwk
Private
17
Rep
84
Posts

Drives: 2016 340i M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135iUSN View Post
'15 328d wagon

56330 msrp
7823 discount includes BMW incentives (I still have USAA to add to discount)
48507 price

974 ace - pay up front
599 doc fee (high but Atlanta going price)
300 tax - pay up front
270 title work fee for out of state purchase, so they say. I think 599 should cover it
3 new car warranty - odd

50,653 bal

10/36
64%
.00175 - elevated

475 payment
Effective August 1, 2015 BMWFS made the acquisition fee $925 and dealers are not allowed mark-up. Personally, I'd get rid of the $270 title work fee and new car warranty fee BS, as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 06:36 AM   #209
rob-e90
Enlisted Member
rob-e90's Avatar
6
Rep
46
Posts

Drives: E39 M5, E30 325i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

@OP fantastic thread, thanks for sharing.

Appreciate any input on the deal below.

2016 435i (custom order)
Miami, FL tax 7%

60395 MSRP
2553 Disc
57842 Sale Price

156 Taxable Fees
699 Doc Fee
60 Tax
427 Non Tax Fees
59184 Balance

12K / 36m
57% Res
.00134 MF

2446 Due at signing
897 Payment

Appreciate any input.
*Leasing calc app has paymet at 863 with these numbers.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 07:07 AM   #210
TophrHwk
Private
17
Rep
84
Posts

Drives: 2016 340i M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob-e90 View Post
@OP fantastic thread, thanks for sharing.

Appreciate any input on the deal below.

2016 435i (custom order)
Miami, FL tax 7%

60395 MSRP
2553 Disc
57842 Sale Price

156 Taxable Fees
699 Doc Fee
60 Tax
427 Non Tax Fees
59184 Balance

12K / 36m
57% Res
.00134 MF

2446 Due at signing
897 Payment

Appreciate any input.
*Leasing calc app has paymet at 863 with these numbers.
What's your invoice price? You're not getting much of a discount off MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 07:19 AM   #211
rob-e90
Enlisted Member
rob-e90's Avatar
6
Rep
46
Posts

Drives: E39 M5, E30 325i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TophrHwk View Post
What's your invoice price? You're not getting much of a discount off MSRP.
Didnt get invoice price. Only got $2500 off MSRP. At least here in Miami, these cars are hard to find and I see dealers often selling for MSRP just because ppl are willing to pay it I guess

**According to edmunds.com:
Invoice as built: 55,535
True Market Value for my area: 58,695

Last edited by rob-e90; 10-25-2015 at 07:36 AM.. Reason: update
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 07:51 AM   #212
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
1081
Rep
2,448
Posts

Drives: 2015 AY M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob-e90
Quote:
Originally Posted by TophrHwk View Post
What's your invoice price? You're not getting much of a discount off MSRP.
Didnt get invoice price. Only got $2500 off MSRP. At least here in Miami, these cars are hard to find and I see dealers often selling for MSRP just because ppl are willing to pay it I guess

**According to edmunds.com:
Invoice as built: 55,535
True Market Value for my area: 58,695
You don't have the acquisition fee listed and that could be the difference in price. Sale price is OK if you aren't willing to look at dealers outside of Miami. There are a lot of fees in the deal and seem very high. I would work on that. They are taking any savings out of the deal.
__________________
2013 E92 M3 LMB (gone but not forgotten)
2015 AY F80 M3 ED 7/9/15 Drop off 7/20/15 Redelivery 8/25/15
My AY M3 ED
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 08:45 AM   #213
NightWriter
Lieutenant
NightWriter's Avatar
238
Rep
414
Posts

Drives: 2016 340i xDrive
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

$900 sounds awfully steep. Isn't that well into M3 territory?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 08:45 AM   #214
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
1081
Rep
2,448
Posts

Drives: 2015 AY M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter
$900 sounds awfully steep. Isn't that well into M3 territory?
yes
__________________
2013 E92 M3 LMB (gone but not forgotten)
2015 AY F80 M3 ED 7/9/15 Drop off 7/20/15 Redelivery 8/25/15
My AY M3 ED
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 09:14 AM   #215
TophrHwk
Private
17
Rep
84
Posts

Drives: 2016 340i M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob-e90 View Post
Didnt get invoice price. Only got $2500 off MSRP. At least here in Miami, these cars are hard to find and I see dealers often selling for MSRP just because ppl are willing to pay it I guess

**According to edmunds.com:
Invoice as built: 55,535
True Market Value for my area: 58,695
Personally, I'd work with another dealer. You may have to drive an hour or two, but you'll get a much better deal. I know there's a string of dealers from Lauderdale to Port St. Lucie. Perhaps inquire with one of them? If you throw in the towel and purchase from the Miami dealer, you're only serving to perpetuate the not willing to discount mentality. Don't be part of the problem. . My MSRP was ~$65K on a 2016 340i and my payment is $761 and change. My residual is higher, but you can do better.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 11:02 AM   #216
rob-e90
Enlisted Member
rob-e90's Avatar
6
Rep
46
Posts

Drives: E39 M5, E30 325i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
You don't have the acquisition fee listed and that could be the difference in price. Sale price is OK if you aren't willing to look at dealers outside of Miami. There are a lot of fees in the deal and seem very high. I would work on that. They are taking any savings out of the deal.
Didnt see any other fees in the paperwork i have been given so far. I did agree to sales price and MF (00134) but in the end the lease contract will need to be finalized and signed in Jan when the car arrives.

Could this fees raise monthly significantly (~$100)?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 11:10 AM   #217
rob-e90
Enlisted Member
rob-e90's Avatar
6
Rep
46
Posts

Drives: E39 M5, E30 325i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
yes
Wouldnt that be expected? Condidering a fully optioned 435i is in the same territory as the base M? Seems relative to me based on price diff.

FWIW another dealer in Miami quoted me $1150 monthly for an M3 @ $71145. Same 12/36. And they dont even have allocations.

If the sales price is fine and im getting standard/base MF and residual. How can I figure out what is wrong to negotiate further with dealer?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 11:13 AM   #218
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
1081
Rep
2,448
Posts

Drives: 2015 AY M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob-e90
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
You don't have the acquisition fee listed and that could be the difference in price. Sale price is OK if you aren't willing to look at dealers outside of Miami. There are a lot of fees in the deal and seem very high. I would work on that. They are taking any savings out of the deal.
Didnt see any other fees in the paperwork i have been given so far. I did agree to sales price and MF (00134) but in the end the lease contract will need to be finalized and signed in Jan when the car arrives.

Could this fees raise monthly significantly (~$100)?

Thanks
No but the difference in your app calculation and theirs is only $30 which could be the acquisition fee. As others have said, you can do much better but you will have to buy outside of Miami. It's up to you to decide what you feel is best.
__________________
2013 E92 M3 LMB (gone but not forgotten)
2015 AY F80 M3 ED 7/9/15 Drop off 7/20/15 Redelivery 8/25/15
My AY M3 ED
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 11:22 AM   #219
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
1081
Rep
2,448
Posts

Drives: 2015 AY M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob-e90
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
yes
Wouldnt that be expected? Condidering a fully optioned 435i is in the same territory as the base M? Seems relative to me based on price diff.

FWIW another dealer in Miami quoted me $1150 monthly for an M3 @ $71145. Same 12/36. And they dont even have allocations.

If the sales price is fine and im getting standard/base MF and residual. How can I figure out what is wrong to negotiate further with dealer?

Thanks!
I recommend you put your info in the post your deals thread. You will not only get more responses but also see other similarly priced cars to compare.
__________________
2013 E92 M3 LMB (gone but not forgotten)
2015 AY F80 M3 ED 7/9/15 Drop off 7/20/15 Redelivery 8/25/15
My AY M3 ED
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 12:36 PM   #220
rob-e90
Enlisted Member
rob-e90's Avatar
6
Rep
46
Posts

Drives: E39 M5, E30 325i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
I recommend you put your info in the post your deals thread. You will not only get more responses but also see other similarly priced cars to compare.
I did post in the deals thread as well. Some of the similar deals have cheaper monthly payments but all have either multiple MSDs or down payment (insane on a lease if you ask me).

Thanks again for your input.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST