F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > The Mueller investigation, what we know so far
Extreme Powerhouse

12-09-2018, 06:29 AM   #1101
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

'Rosenstein Tells Trump He’s Not a Target in Mueller, Cohen Probes'
Bloomberg, April.

So, everyone's a liar!

12-09-2018, 06:31 AM   #1102
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

This has never been about the Trump Russian collusion, Mueller the Swamp rat didn't like the outcome of the presidential election and trying to undermine a duly elected President and avenge his boy Comey!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 08:41 AM   #1103
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

A bit off topic.

Comey came out of Friday's meeting and told reporters that he gave honest answers, the way it should have been done.

Comey said “I don’t remember” 71 times, “I don’t know” 166 times, and “I don’t recall” eight times during his interview.
245 duhs from the former Director of the FBI.

L
O
L
arkie6353.00

12-09-2018, 09:12 AM   #1104
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
'Rosenstein Tells Trump He’s Not a Target in Mueller, Cohen Probes'
Bloomberg, April.

So, everyone's a liar!
Nope.

• Subject of an Investigation: The term “subject of an investigation” has a particular meaning within the United States Department of Justice (DOJ). According to the DOJ Handbook[2], a “subject” is: “a person whose conduct is within the scope of a Grand Jury’s investigation.” A subject is somewhere between a target and a witness. A subject has engaged in conduct that may look suspicious or unethical, but the prosecutor isn’t certain that a provable crime has been committed and wants to do more investigating in order to be sure.

• Target: The term “target of an investigation” is also specifically defined by the DOJ. A person is a target where the prosecutor or Grand Jury has substantial evidence linking him to the commission of a crime. Designation as a target provides a clear warning of a person’s criminal exposure.

https://www.duffylawct.com/whats-the...bject-witness/

Pres Trump was obviously a "subject" not a "target" back in April. Has that changed today? We don't know.
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2018, 09:26 AM   #1105
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post

What else would you like proof of?

Do you need a history lesson of the FBI and Capone too?

And what part of me saying I don't think Trump will be impeached did you not understand?
I understood all of what you said. That’s why I did not mention impeachment in my post to you that you quoted. Obviously you “read” something that wasn’t said. You have difficulty following conversations, I’ve noticed. Your particular wet dream obviously is that they’ll get Trump on tax evasion, even though he has been audited every year and in fact is still under audit and they’ve found nothing criminal, ever. So keep dreaming.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 10:53 AM   #1106
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdalum View Post
You have difficulty following conversations, I’ve noticed. .
+1
Appreciate 1

12-09-2018, 11:02 AM   #1107
Jockey
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 SS/SS M3

Quote:
Quote:

What else would you like proof of?

Do you need a history lesson of the FBI and Capone too?

And what part of me saying I don't think Trump will be impeached did you not understand?
I understood all of what you said. That's why I did not mention impeachment in my post to you that you quoted. Obviously you "read" something that wasn't said. You have difficulty following conversations, I've noticed. Your particular wet dream obviously is that they'll get Trump on tax evasion, even though he has been audited every year and in fact is still under audit and they've found nothing criminal, ever. So keep dreaming.
I can see you like projecting.

Where did I say I think they'll get Trump on tax evasion? If you're referencing my Capone statement, I still think you aren't quite understanding my point.

Stop, take a deep breath, and try to understand the conversation instead of foaming at the mouth because someone said something bad about Trump.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 11:03 AM   #1108
Jockey
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
As usual, I have nothing meaningful to add
Still waiting on you to counter my earlier points.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 11:28 AM   #1109
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Where did I say I think they'll get Trump on tax evasion? If you're referencing my Capone statement, I still think you aren't quite understanding my point.

Stop, take a deep breath, and try to understand the conversation instead of foaming at the mouth because someone said something bad about Trump.
Lol... I say you don’t follow conversations so your rebuttal is I should try to follow the conversation. Great post, peewee. I dumbed it down as much as I could for you, but you obviously still don’t get it and make no sense whatsoever. No big surprise there.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 11:35 AM   #1110
Jockey
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Lol... I say you don't follow conversations so your rebuttal is I should try to follow the conversation. Great post, peewee. I dumbed it down as much as I could for you, but you obviously still don't get it and make no sense whatsoever. No big surprise there.
Ok champ, you're the one making claims about something I said.

Quote me where I said Trump will go down for tax evasion. You're making the claim that that's my "wet dream". So go ahead, back it up with a quote from me.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 11:43 AM   #1111
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ok champ, you're the one making claims about something I said.

Quote me where I said Trump will go down for tax evasion. You're making the claim that that's my "wet dream". So go ahead, back it up with a quote from me.
OMG... . “It'll be something ancillary, just like how the FBI got Capone.”. How the FBI got Capone was on tax evasion as everybody knows.And you ask me if I need you to explain the history on that. “ just like how the FBI got Capone” would be tax evasion, But we’re not supposed to conclude you were talking about tax evasion because you didn’t type the words tax evasion.... Good grief you are about the most tiresome poster on this entire forum.

Last edited by ******; 12-09-2018 at 11:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 11:57 AM   #1112
Jockey
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
OMG... . “It'll be something ancillary, just like how the FBI got Capone.”. How the FBI got Capone was on tax evasion as everybody knows.And you ask me if I need you to explain the history on that, But we’re not supposed to conclude you were talking about tax evasion because you didn’t type the words tax evasion.... Good grief you are about the most tiresome poster on this entire forum.
Words mean stuff buddy. I can see you don't understand the word "ancillary" or what my point was.

I know it's difficult to make a claim without facts and attempt to support it. You, yet again, have made a false claim and are unable back it up.

So why did I use the term ancillary? Well I was being nonspecific for a reason. Maybe it'll be obstruction of justice, campaign finance law violations, hell, it could even be tax evasion. But I'm not making a claim it will be any of those. I don't know. I'm fairly confident it won't be for collusion.

I bring up Capone because it's the perfect example how an investigation for a specific reason, RICO, can lead to other charges found during the investigation and that those initial charges might not even be what is the eventually downfall of a criminal.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 12:00 PM   #1113
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Words mean stuff buddy. I can see you don't understand the word "ancillary" or what my point was.

I know it's difficult to make a claim without facts and attempt to support it. You, yet again, have made a false claim and are unable back it up.

So why did I use the term ancillary? Well I was being nonspecific for a reason. Maybe it'll be obstruction of justice, campaign finance law violations, hell, it could even be tax evasion. But I'm not making a claim it will be any of those. I don't know. I'm fairly confident it won't be for collusion.

I bring up Capone because it's the perfect example how an investigation for a specific reason, RICO, can lead to other charges found during the investigation and that those initial charges might not even be what is the eventually downfall of a criminal.
“just like how the FBI got Capone.”

Gee, what did they get Capone on again? Word indeed “mean stuff.” Yours, not so much.

Anyway, this is obviously getting boring... moving on.

Last edited by ******; 12-09-2018 at 12:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 12:01 PM   #1114
wdb
dances with roads
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '07 E93 328i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb
Handing out pardons will get him impeached too. Faster, and with more bipartisan and public support, than the paying off hookers thing.
Lol... that’s all you can say to that. Are you Maxine Waters by any chance?
I have no idea who that is. Someone on TV maybe? I don't watch that stuff.

There are Republicans in Congress who can't stand Trump and would not mind one little bit if Pence took over the gig. Pardoning Manafort or one of his own children would give them the ammunition they need to oust Trump while not alienating the voters.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 12:06 PM   #1115
Jockey
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Word indeed “mean stuff.” Yours, not so much.

Don't worry, one day you'll be able to make a claim and then successfully back it up with facts.

I eagerly await that day
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 12:15 PM   #1116
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
I have no idea who that is. Someone on TV maybe? I don't watch that stuff.

There are Republicans in Congress who can't stand Trump and would not mind one little bit if Pence took over the gig. Pardoning Manafort or one of his own children would give them the ammunition they need to oust Trump while not alienating the voters.
You don’t know who Maxine “impeach Trump” Waters is? Lol...

And do you really not know why Trump can’t be impeached for pardoning someone?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 12:26 PM   #1117
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Don't worry, one day you'll be able to make a claim and then successfully back it up with facts.

I eagerly await that day
Lol, you and your ancillary wet dream remind me a lot of Baghdad Bob... any day now, Baghdad, they’ll bring Trump down! Don’t give up your dream...
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 12:33 PM   #1118
Jockey
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Lol, you and your ancillary wet dream remind me a lot of Baghdad Bob... any day now, Baghdad, they’ll bring Trump down! Don’t give up your dream...
No, that's not my dream. Actually I think it'll be a really dark day for America if we impeach Trump (or try) or charge him with a crime while he's in office.

But hey, keep making assumptions about me
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 01:01 PM   #1119
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:

Gee, what did they get Capone on again? Word indeed “mean stuff.” Yours, not so much.

He won’t make it to the end of summer
He won’t make it to the primaries.
He won’t make it to the Debates.
He won’t make it to the Election.
He has no path to 270.
He colluded with Russia.
We will Impeach him.
All Failed Liberal predictions.
Appreciate 1

12-09-2018, 01:12 PM   #1120
Eriphill
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
He won’t make it to the end of summer
He won’t make it to the primaries.
He won’t make it to the Debates.
He won’t make it to the Election.
He has no path to 270.
He colluded with Russia.
We will Impeach him.
All Failed Liberal predictions.
Trump committed treason!
Trump colluded with Russia!
Trump may have colluded with Russia!
Trump obstructed justice!
Trump thought about obstructing justice!
Trump committed a campaign finance violation!
etc.
etc.
etc.
Appreciate 1
anglo45911.50

12-09-2018, 01:17 PM   #1121
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Question for you guys who support Trump and feel the Mueller investigation has strayed well beyond its confines and is now targeting Trump for anything and everything...Let's say Mueller and his team come up with something. Something irrefutable and big, but unrelated to Russia. Massive tax fraud, money laundering, racketeering, etc. I'm not talking jay-walking, or returning his library books late. I'm talking Federal crimes in the 10s of millions or hundreds of millions of dollars, but again, unrelated to Russia. What's your response? Does he deserve a pass because the investigation was supposed to target Russia and the crimes Mueller discovered are not in that scope?

Honest question there. Not trying to corner anyone, just looking to understand a perspective that I think may differ from mine.
Appreciate 2
dsad1858.50

12-09-2018, 01:52 PM   #1122
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

If trump committed High Crimes and Misdemeanors . He could be tried by the senate. I can't see him convicted for anything that did not happen while he is president. That is not what the senate does. And he is not gonna get tried for those things while president.

When he retires its gonna be 100% impossible to convict him of anything. There will be one person on the jury that will not vote guilty. This would hold true for any President. And it won't get that far. Trump will have enough and better lawyers than the Feds.
Appreciate 0