F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Another Climate Control Thread
Studio RSR

08-30-2019, 11:20 AM   #1
jshaff28
Rep
Drives: 2014 3.28xi

Another Climate Control Thread

I have an issue with the A/C that i am curious if anyone else has experienced. BMW has been less than helpful at resolving this issue especially given it is fairly sporatic.

Before i go too far into it, i understand how the dial/system works.

Having said that, the issue most frequently occurs when the ambient temperature outside is between 50-70 degrees, but does occur outside of that.

The problem:
The car will essentially pump heat into the car to the point of being extremely uncomfortable. If for example i have the AC set to 68 auto dial on blue, it might be fine for 5 days, and then one day i will get in and the car will just blow hot air, unless the temperature is turned down to 60, but the second it is set to 61 it blows super hot air again.

This has happened even when it is 90+ outside.

To me it feels like this sensor is malfunctioning https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...64119238085#qa

but outside of a gut feeling i am not sure what else would be causing it.

Has anyone experienced this before?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 11:28 AM   #2
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Either the pressure sensor malfunctioned, or in my case, I set the fan speed too low. I now keep the fan speed at the middle all the time, and then click it to the top 2 based on how hot the cabin is.

In "auto" mode, the fan speed sets the maximum fan speed that can be set by the auto climate control. If you set it to maximum, then the car will ramp up the fan to max, if necessary, and then ramp it down when the cabin is cool again.

I was running mine at the first or second (lowest) fan setting which prevented enough airflow over the condenser, so it froze up. I got hot air all the time until the condenser thawed out. The car was smart enough to close vents and route air through the dash, but that took a good hour before the cool air came back.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 01:25 PM   #3
jshaff28
Rep
Drives: 2014 3.28xi

After observing how/when it happens i dont think its the condenser, as i can still get the top to blow cold air with the dial all the way blue.

But the foot vent continues to blow extremely hot air.
Appreciate 0