F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Mtech M Sport vs M Performance
Studio RSR

09-17-2019, 08:26 PM   #1
Yungsta
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Mtech M Sport vs M Performance

I've been thinking of finally upgrading the bumpers and sides on my luxury line 435i. I'm debating between the two Mtech offerings below. The first one is the M Performance look alike with an additional lip and the other one is the M Sport.

My concern is I lowered my car on coilovers and wondering how much lower the M Sport front bumper sits compared to a luxury line one (if any). My understanding is the additional lip adds another 1 - 1.5 inches. The M Performance one looks way better especially the diffuser and the bundle kit discount quiet a bit.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 09:20 PM   #2
OC_F32
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yungsta View Post
I've been thinking of finally upgrading the bumpers and sides on my luxury line 435i. I'm debating between the two Mtech offerings below. The first one is the M Performance look alike with an additional lip and the other one is the M Sport.

My concern is I lowered my car on coilovers and wondering how much lower the M Sport front bumper sits compared to a luxury line one (if any). My understanding is the additional lip adds another 1 - 1.5 inches. The M Performance one looks way better especially the diffuser and the bundle kit discount quiet a bit.
Both great looks. I upgraded to an OEM M Sport front bumper last year. It totally changed the look of the car. My F32 is also lowered - Front 1.75" and Rear 1.3", control arms, etc. sitting on 19"403s wrapped in factory rubber. I had similar concerns around scrapping and they turned out to be material when I got the bumper on. Super steep driveways are worst but nothing a slight zig-zag won't fix. Couple of things to put it into perspective. I back my car into the garage (standard SoCal driveway angle) and when I pull out I simply give it a slight turn and go, no issues. I can also clear the front end over standard cement parking blocks with no issues. Although I was a bit nervous the first few times I tried.

Hope that helps.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 10:55 PM   #3
Yungsta
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC_F32 View Post
Both great looks. I upgraded to an OEM M Sport front bumper last year. It totally changed the look of the car. My F32 is also lowered - Front 1.75" and Rear 1.3", control arms, etc. sitting on 19"403s wrapped in factory rubber. I had similar concerns around scrapping and they turned out to be material when I got the bumper on. Super steep driveways are worst but nothing a slight zig-zag won't fix. Couple of things to put it into perspective. I back my car into the garage (standard SoCal driveway angle) and when I pull out I simply give it a slight turn and go, no issues. I can also clear the front end over standard cement parking blocks with no issues. Although I was a bit nervous the first few times I tried.

Hope that helps.
Oh man, car looks awesome! I have 19s as well, but I think I'm a little lower there's about a one finger wheel gap in the front. Did u find the M Sport bumper riding a little lower than your original bumper or is it about the same? I'm thinking of the M Performance one but might regret the additional 1.5" lip.

I just looked at all the slammed/stanced thread and I can't resist, those cars look really sexy!
Attached Images

Last edited by Yungsta; 09-17-2019 at 11:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 11:46 PM   #4
OC_F32
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Hope that helps.
Oh man, car looks awesome! I have 19s as well, but I think I'm a little lower there's about a one finger wheel gap in the front. Did u find the M Sport bumper riding a little lower than your original bumper or is it about the same? I'm thinking of the M Performance one but might regret the additional 1.5" lip.

I just looked at all the slammed/stanced thread and I can't resist, those cars look really sexy!
That's clean. Polished lips look good against the chrome accents. I wouldn't say that the M Sport bumper is lower to the ground more than the sport line. It definitely sticks out a bit further forward though.

If you're interested I can take a picture of where it scraps from time to time tomorrow and post.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 12:04 AM   #5
Yungsta
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
That's clean. Polished lips look good against the chrome accents. I wouldn't say that the M Sport bumper is lower to the ground more than the sport line. It definitely sticks out a bit further forward though.

If you're interested I can take a picture of where it scraps from time to time tomorrow and post.
Sure man... Any bit of info would help. I initially liked the look but M Sport is the way to go, especially the rear diffuser. There's a local shop in So Cal that's selling me the whole kit including side skirts and both bumpers for a very reasonable price. Did you get it painted or have a shop do it?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 12:07 AM   #6
OC_F32
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Sure man... Any bit of info would help. I initially liked the look but M Sport is the way to go, especially the rear diffuser. There's a local shop in So Cal that's selling me the whole kit including side skirts and both bumpers for a very reasonable price. Did you get it painted or have a shop do it?
I got lucky and found one already painted from the factory. Apparently the car was rear ended and he was parting it out.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 05:41 PM   #7
Chaos236
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayenne , 640 GC

Quote:

Love those wheels!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 05:45 PM   #8
Yungsta
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I got lucky and found one already painted from the factory. Apparently the car was rear ended and he was parting it out.
Nice you came up! I'm getting unpainted ones and a local bodyshop quoted me $1500 for paint/install for the whole kit. I have mineral white metallic which is kind of rare and hard to match.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 05:46 PM   #9
Yungsta
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos236 View Post
Love those wheels!!!
Thanks! I'm thinking of doing a complete chrome delete. But the trim does match well with the wheels.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 10:52 AM   #10
OC_F32
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Nice you came up! I'm getting unpainted ones and a local bodyshop quoted me $1500 for paint/install for the whole kit. I have mineral white metallic which is kind of rare and hard to match.
Metallics are tough for sure. Make sure you Yelp them. I had an OEM trunk lip painted based on the factory paint code and it ended up being shade or two lighter than my car.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 03:32 PM   #11
Yungsta
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Metallics are tough for sure. Make sure you Yelp them. I had an OEM trunk lip painted based on the factory paint code and it ended up being shade or two lighter than my car.
Yeah I did research, they do paint work for the local BMW dealership all the time. When I brought my car in for a quote they knew exactly what BMW code it was (A96). Keeping my fingers crossed it comes out nice! Did you have any safety concerns with using an aftermarket bumper in terms of impact shock absorption etc?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 06:21 PM   #12
yoon_209
Masterchief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' BMW M340i

you will scrap and eventually you will crack your lip

happens to everyone eventually
      09-23-2019, 11:04 PM   #13
Yungsta
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoon_209 View Post
you will scrap and eventually you will crack your lip

happens to everyone eventually
Scrape is inevitable... But cracking is common too? My worry is the M performance piece seems like it's one piece for the Mtech one. Can anyone confirm this?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 12:02 AM   #14
yoon_209
Masterchief
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Scrape is inevitable... But cracking is common too? My worry is the M performance piece seems like it's one piece for the Mtech one. Can anyone confirm this?
I have the Varis lip and eventually it cracked on me after two years.

i honestly will probably not put a lip back on. you have no idea how much better is it to drive down driveways and speed bumps and not have to worry as much and when you take it to shops for service as well.

i still scrap being lowered on hr sport springs but its way better than before
      09-24-2019, 12:10 AM   #15
Yungsta
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoon_209 View Post
I have the Varis lip and eventually it cracked on me after two years.

i honestly will probably not put a lip back on. you have no idea how much better is it to drive down driveways and speed bumps and not have to worry as much and when you take it to shops for service as well.

i still scrap being lowered on hr sport springs but its way better than before
But it looks so good lol. Damn I'm really hoping the fact I have regular profile tires on 19s will help. I'm still deciding from the two but thanks for your input.. I am leaning on maybe the regular now.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 12:16 AM   #16
yoon_209
Masterchief
United_States
Rep

Quote:
But it looks so good lol. Damn I'm really hoping the fact I have regular profile tires on 19s will help. I'm still deciding from the two but thanks for your input.. I am leaning on maybe the regular now.
i mean you should definitely do it, its worth the looks and cosmetic appearance but for my own comfort I probably wont put a lip back on since ive already done it