F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 9.0 HU discussion
Studio RSR

03-29-2020, 03:43 AM   #3015
ande86
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

Hi guys,
I broke my sd card socket on the unit and now Iīm desperately looking for a replacement. I found out that the sd and sim card sockets are on a seperate little circuit board (see pictures, the sim socketīs cover has been opened ). Do you know where I can buy such one? Or do any of you have a broken unit and would sell it to me?
I was looking everywhere but couldnīt find it. Even the proper sim socket (without the board) is only available on ali, couldnīt find it anywhere else. I ordered it but it will take weeks to arrive and I hope I can solder it properly. So if anyone knows where to find the board, I would really appreciate
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 05:19 AM   #3016
Shrazy
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ande86 View Post
Hi guys,
I broke my sd card socket on the unit and now Iīm desperately looking for a replacement. I found out that the sd and sim card sockets are on a seperate little circuit board (see pictures, the sim socketīs cover has been opened ). Do you know where I can buy such one? Or do any of you have a broken unit and would sell it to me?
I was looking everywhere but couldnīt find it. Even the proper sim socket (without the board) is only available on ali, couldnīt find it anywhere else. I ordered it but it will take weeks to arrive and I hope I can solder it properly. So if anyone knows where to find the board, I would really appreciate
Do you already tried to ask the vendor? He can surely advise where to get it, if he doesn't send himself directly.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 09:19 AM   #3017
pitoncho
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw e87

hello, anyone knows if the cic original plastic where is the controller, can be used with the chinese idrive controller in an e87?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 02:19 PM   #3018
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitoncho View Post
hello, anyone knows if the cic original plastic where is the controller, can be used with the chinese idrive controller in an e87?
Nop, doesn`t fit, i tried it out.

Kri
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 03:20 PM   #3019
Wireless
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW F21 116d 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas_GR View Post
Hi all! I have this screen but I am facing a basic problem... I don’t have the password for the factory settings! Any ideas? I tried 1314 which is used in most screens but it doesn’t work! :-(
Try this.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 05:30 PM   #3020
pitoncho
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw e87

Goodnight, i am going to buy a cic mid navi (bussines) for my e87 to use it with the android screen, the navi is codieren for an e84 x1 i think should work with mine. My question is, if someone knows, what i kabels i need to connect it with the android screen (mine abdroid screen have cic port) and what kabel i need to connect idrive controller 8 buttons with the navi.. because the seller doesnt sell the kabels. Thank you soo much!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 08:16 PM   #3021
lenkavovka
Rep
Drives: BMW E71

Hi! I bought a HU sd 625 from Mekede. HU does not accept CAN bus data.
1. Does not display speed, rpm, fuel quantity, or door closing.
2. Does not switch to the Parking sensor screen when reverse gear is turned on.
3. The I-drive joystick doesn't work at all: both in the BMW menu and in the HU menu. If I connect pin 6 and 7 together, or pin 17 and 18 together, the joystick only starts working in the BMW menu.
4. It doesn't turn off when I turn off the ignition.

This is the second purchase from Mekede. In the first case, navigation did not work, and I made a refund. But in the first such device, the CAN bus worked perfectly.

I checked the large power cable to see if it was short-circuited or damaged. I also tried changing "type A" to "type B" in the menu. Tried to upgrade the firmware, MCU, OEM. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix the problem?

Maybe the hardware part of reading CAN-data is simple? And it's easy to repair? Or is it better not to risk opening a dispute on Aliexpress again?

Last edited by lenkavovka; 03-30-2020 at 10:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 02:30 AM   #3022
Victor8490
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas_GR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by smahel View Post
uploaded
Hi all! I have this screen but I am facing a basic problem... I don’t have the password for the factory settings! Any ideas? I tried 1314 which is used in most screens but it doesn’t work! :-(
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 02:30 AM   #3023
daschacka
Private
Rep
Drives: M5Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenkavovka View Post
1. Does not display speed, rpm, fuel quantity, or door closing.
2. Does not switch to the Parking sensor screen when reverse gear is turned on.
3. The I-drive joystick doesn't work at all: both in the BMW menu and in the HU menu. If I connect pin 6 and 7 together, or pin 17 and 18 together, the joystick only starts working in the BMW menu.
4. It doesn't turn off when I turn off the ignition.

This is the second purchase from Mekede. In the first case, navigation did not work, and I made a refund. But in the first such device, the CAN bus worked perfectly.

I checked the large power cable to see if it was short-circuited or damaged. I also tried changing "type A" to "type B" in the menu. Tried to upgrade the firmware, MCU, OEM. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix the problem?

Maybe the hardware part of reading CAN-data is simple? And it's easy to repair? Or is it better not to risk opening a dispute on Aliexpress again?
What are your settings? Like the one in factory_settings
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 04:04 AM   #3024
lenkavovka
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by daschacka View Post
What are your settings? Like the one in factory_settings
Yes, I did reset to factory settings. Absolutely the same head unit on Android 9.0 with the same settings worked perfectly in my car, but I had to return it due to a defective navigation module. In the new HU, navigation does not work, but there is no connection to the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 05:02 AM   #3025
daschacka
Private
Rep
Drives: M5Competition

Quote:
Yes, I did reset to factory settings. Absolutely the same head unit on Android 9.0 with the same settings worked perfectly in my car, but I had to return it due to a defective navigation module. In the new HU, navigation does not work, but there is no connection to the car.
I remember i once had NO SIGNAL when trying to go to OEM side. I then checked the cable if they are plugged in correct to the head unit. I unplugged them and reconnected and then the problem was solved
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 05:16 AM   #3026
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
Check the harness, verify that CAN cables are correctly connected. If I disconnect CAN A/B, I get the same symptoms as you.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 08:34 AM   #3027
Aram2020
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW F21 2012 1.6

After 2 hours searching on the forum I now know how to solve futere issues ;-) but could'nt find were i was looking for.

I would like to remove some menu items from my Mekede Android 9 HU with Snapdragon chip. For example the DVR (recorder) tile/button in the menu because I'm not planning to install a dashcam or any other camera's. Someone figured it out?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 09:03 AM   #3028
zorglubxx
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2010 E91 Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aram2020 View Post
After 2 hours searching on the forum I now know how to solve futere issues ;-) but could'nt find were i was looking for.

I would like to remove some menu items from my Mekede Android 9 HU with Snapdragon chip. For example the DVR (recorder) tile/button in the menu because I'm not planning to install a dashcam or any other camera's. Someone figured it out?
I think I read that it's not possible to edit those tiles. Also best not to mess with the launcher, some people entered a reboot loop.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 10:09 AM   #3029
lenkavovka
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by daschacka View Post
I remember i once had NO SIGNAL when trying to go to OEM side. I then checked the cable if they are plugged in correct to the head unit. I unplugged them and reconnected and then the problem was solved
Unfortunately, I reconnected the cable many times. I checked that the plug goes deep enough. This does not fix the problem
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 10:17 AM   #3030
lenkavovka
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirjam View Post
Check the harness, verify that CAN cables are correctly connected. If I disconnect CAN A/B, I get the same symptoms as you.
Yes, you're right. I made sure that the problem is passing CAN A/B through the head unit. Because when I close their contacts in the white connector in pairs without connecting the HU, the I-drive joystick starts working. When I plug the white connector into the HU, the I-drive joystick stops working.

I'm sorry that I don't know the correct name of some technical terms in English.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 05:22 PM   #3031
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You could try the LayoutChanger, if you're bold enough:
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=869
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 11:56 PM   #3032
lenkavovka
Rep

@ Kri
I would like to clarify. I'm trying to solve my problem with the CAN bus data. In Android 8080 harness.pdf specifies "two cables to the CAN B violett/black" (Attach 1)

But I have violett/black this is the 1 wire. All 4 wires is single. Do I have the correct harness (Attach 2)? Is this the complete CAN A/B connection diagram?
Attached Images

Last edited by lenkavovka; 04-01-2020 at 04:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 01:46 AM   #3033
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 M140i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirjam View Post
You could try the LayoutChanger, if you're bold enough:
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=869

Hello,

Playing with a badly signed or badly compiled new launcher is a guaranteed crash ... So it is better to abstain or clearly warn here than on SNAPDRAGON unit in BOOTLOADER mode = TRASH-RUINED and PX6 unit in BOOTLOOP mode = TRASH-RUINED
And we must repeat it loud and clear here !
In my opinion...

Appreciate 1
      04-01-2020, 12:39 PM   #3034
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F20_M135i View Post
Playing with a badly signed or badly compiled new launcher is a guaranteed crash
Yes, I know, but I haven't seen any discussion about this modified launcher. Do you know of anyone who has tried it and had a bad experience? It should be removed if it is harmful.

Quote:
For example the DVR (recorder) tile/button in the menu because I'm not planning to install a dashcam or any other camera's
The DVR tile can actually be useful, because you can attach any app to that button. For example, if you add com.zoulou.dab to the supported DVR apps in factory_config, you can launch DAB-Z with this button.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 01:13 PM   #3035
Suprnowa
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F31

Hi. I have an Android 9 PX6 unit. I want to connect internet to the unit. I am looking for a 4G LTE USB dongle that will work with this unit. So it will download the internet via USB and then the unit will make the internet available as a hot spot via the Android menu.
Which modems / routers in Europe work with this unit?
Unless there is a modem for USB or 12V that after turning on the ignition in the car will automatically turn on and start to share the Internet via WiFi.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 01:39 PM   #3036
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprnowa View Post
Hi. I have an Android 9 PX6 unit. I want to connect internet to the unit. I am looking for a 4G LTE USB dongle that will work with this unit. So it will download the internet via USB and then the unit will make the internet available as a hot spot via the Android menu.
Which modems / routers in Europe work with this unit?
Unless there is a modem for USB or 12V that after turning on the ignition in the car will automatically turn on and start to share the Internet via WiFi.
Search for "Teltonika RUT850" or "MikroTik wAP LTE kit (RBwAPR-2nD&R11e-LTE)"

The Teltonika is easier to install, the mikrotik does have some more features, for only internet the teltonika is probably the best choice.

I have the Mikrotik in my Car, connected to 30G of Hifi Amp , does start as soon as i unlock the car, and is running 30min after locking the car, so it will also stay on for a shop or fuel stop

Kri
Appreciate 1