F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > M Performance 335/435i Huge Price Drop
GetBMWParts

05-08-2019, 06:06 PM   #89
T5viggen
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Mine arrived today! Still not sure if I'm going to try to tackle this myself or not. The sucker is heavier than I expected at ~70lbs. But I've manhandled 5 speed trans into and out of place on my back many times, but damn those were not fun days.
      05-08-2019, 06:15 PM   #90
AK415
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F32 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsbmwmontereysea View Post
Hello
Do you guys honor the online price for local pick up? I can definitely enjoy the low price from a local dealer while enjoying a nice drive down to Monterey!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 11:14 PM   #91
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
I'm only nervous because usually they do this when a new revision is coming out. This is the same thing they did with the previous revision of MPerformance brakes. Then it's sold out everywhere, then the new revision drops with (presumably) some improvements and the price goes back up.

Unless they're just clearing out old inventory now that the G20 is at dealers?
At this price, even if there was a new revision, it's still completely worth it. If the manual version was also discounted I'd buy it in a heartbeat. All these cars should have come with an LSD.
The 3.15 ended production 3 years ago.

Furthermore, they are dropping 50% of their drivetrains.

There will be no new revised 3.15 M Performance LSD.
Appreciate 1
      05-09-2019, 07:41 PM   #92
TheJungatron
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD- USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpgray View Post
I seen this on Monday morning from my email, thought it was a misprint, I called and it was correctly listed for $560! So I bought it on the spot from Bimmerworld. Said it was back ordered and will be here first of June. Going to have local dealer install. I'm geeked about this deal, I would have never guessed I could get an LSD and have it installed for under a grand! Question is what else is needed for installation? Oil, any gasket, c-clip, or?? Is there any break in required?

Finally, my RWD 335i will have the missing piece!
It's 100% sealed and is just bolted on I was told. And for anyone saying there's issues with them, it's under warranty for most of us. I'm still bumper to bumper and it will follow my warranty with bmw just like factory bits
(Retired - 1987 325i Vert)
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2019, 08:28 PM   #93
Logicoeur
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive

So did any xdrive users make the purchase?
F30 335iX | Remus Axleback | Fabspeed Catted DP | VRSF Comp IC | 18X9 ET35 19lb MT1 | 255/40/18 ECS | Ohlins RT Millway Street | Millway Control Arm Bushings | Turner Endlinks | TMH 75mm 14x1.5 Studs | BMW MPerf LSD | XDelete | Pipercross Filter | MHD Stg2 93
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2019, 08:41 PM   #94
mbanks21
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i MSport

Yeah so I have literally zero self control and ordered one for my 2015 335RWD Manual. I'll let you guys know!

Last edited by mbanks21; 05-09-2019 at 08:59 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-09-2019, 10:02 PM   #95
jimmy89045
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicoeur View Post
I ordered one for my 435i xdrive from my local dealer (price matched ecs). They confirmed will fit on xdrive. shop.bmw.ca also confirms this. See attached
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-09-2019, 11:42 PM   #96
MmmmmM2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2016 Mazda CX-5  [0.00]
2021 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy89045 View Post
I ordered one for my 435i xdrive from my local dealer (price matched ecs). They confirmed will fit on xdrive. shop.bmw.ca also confirms this. See attached
So it fits a 440i but not a 340i? Odd.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2019, 11:44 PM   #97
jimmy89045
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30ZHP View Post
Quote:
I'm not 100% sure if it'll fit on a 440i but that's what bmw Canada says online. I'd double check. However will definitely fit up on xdrive according to my local dealer. I can confirm within a week once mine arrives
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2019, 11:52 PM   #98
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30ZHP View Post
Quote:
Nope.

There were actually 2016 and 2017 F32 440i that were PRE-LCI and used the 3.15 rear ends with the B58 engine.

That's not the case with the F30 PRE-LCI.

As I explained in the beginning, it all comes down to cars that have 3.15 rear ends.

The F32 LCI with the 2.81 rear ends (2017 - there were no 2016 LCI 440i) are not compatible.
Appreciate 3
      05-11-2019, 06:02 PM   #99
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Quote:
You're wasting your time and money; this part will not work an x-drive vehicle, specifically of how the system operates.

Good luck with all that..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2019, 06:05 PM   #100
jimmy89045
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Quote:
You're wasting your time and money; this part will not work an x-drive vehicle, specifically of how the system operates.

Would you please explain how it will not work? Bmws own website states it is compatible and my dealer is willing to install. Audi and other manufacturers include lsd in awd models from the factory. I don't see how this won't work?
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2019, 06:18 PM   #101
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Would you please explain how it will not work? Bmws own website states it is compatible and my dealer is willing to install. Audi and other manufacturers include lsd in awd models from the factory. I don't see how this won't work?

Well, if works for a factory-installed Audi, then it must work for another random manufacture....

Your x-drive is automatic, correct? Read between the lines:

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=24374008

Just because it's listed on some random parts catalogs, doesn't mean it's accurate. They cross-reference parts of other models all the time.

Good luck but I bet you gazillion, kajillion dollars it won't work properly.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2019, 06:26 PM   #102
jimmy89045
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well, if works for a factory-installed Audi, then it must work for another random manufacture....

Just because it's listed on some random parts catalogs, doesn't mean it's accurate. They cross-reference parts other models all the time.

My point wasn't that if Audi does it this will work... Point was that lsd and awd exists.

I respectfully disagree that this won't work on my automatic xdrive 435i.

I will get the dealer to install as they confirmed this "random parts catalogue"(bmw Canada's own site) is correct. They will be responsible if this doesn't work out but they assured me it would. Ratio is same as oem unit too so not the wrong part. I'll report back either way...
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2019, 06:41 PM   #103
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just because it's listed on some random parts catalogs, doesn't mean it's accurate. They cross-reference parts other models all the time.

My point wasn't that if Audi does it this will work... Point was that lsd and awd exists.

I will get the dealer to install as they confirmed this "random parts catalogue"(bmw Canada's own site) is correct. They will be responsible if this doesn't work out but they assured me it would. Ratio is same as oem unit too so not the wrong part. I'll report back either way...

Yes, an LSD can possible work with an an AWD, like the Audi and F90 M5, however, they have a difference computer-controlled, torque-vectoring set up, so the vehicle can intelligently manage a rear split of power.

The mechanical system offered for the 3 series is not electronic, so it doesn't sync with the vehicles's DSC and brake-based e-diff.

The MP LSDs are made specifically for each vehicle's pre-populated configuration. X-drive not included.

You already mentioned the dealer is unaware of this, so when the axels doesn't fit or your vehicle starts throwing generic drivetrain malfunction codes, you can pass the buck on to them, like with this guy:
https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=24465410

[U]AWD[/U] vehicles with electronically-controlled torque-vectoring LSDs:

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2019, 07:50 PM   #104
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, an LSD can possible work with an an AWD, like the Audi and F90 M5, however, they have a difference computer-controlled, torque-vectoring set up, so the vehicle can intelligently manage a rear split of power.

The mechanical system offered for the 3 series is not electronic, so it doesn't sync with the vehicles's DSC and brake-based e-diff.

The MP LSDs are made specifically for each vehicle's pre-populated configuration. X-drive not included.

You already mentioned the dealer is unaware of this, so when the axels doesn't fit or your vehicle starts throwing generic drivetrain malfunction codes, you can pass the buck on to them, like with this guy:

Perhaps you should read the links you post before claiming they say something they do not.

The link you posted states the LSD will not work with a 340i.

As stated multiple times in this thread, it works with the 3.15 rear ends. The 340i rear ends are 2.81. That's why it doesn't work.

Instead of calling BMW websites (and realoem among others) "random websites" that are wrong, you should stop posting "random posts" that do nothing to support your claim that these do not work with AWD Xdrives.

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 05-12-2019 at 07:57 PM..
Appreciate 2
quikM2371.00
      05-12-2019, 07:56 PM   #105
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[U]AWD[/U] vehicles with electronically-controlled torque-vectoring LSDs:

Perhaps you should read the links you post before claiming they say something they do not.

The link you posted states the LSD will not work with a 340i.

As stated multiple times in this thread, it works with the 3.15 rear ends. The 340i rear ends are 2.81. That's why it doesn't work.

Instead of calling BMW websites (and realoem among others) "random websites" that are wrong, you should stop posting "random posts" that do nothing to support your claim that these do not work with AWD Xdrives.
Alrighty then, I guess you have all the answers..

When folks start installing it in mismatched vehicles and their dashboard light up like a Christmas tree.. It they care to admit it. I'll be back..

In the meantime, go take your chill pills, bro it's not that serious..
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2019, 07:58 PM   #106
mbanks21
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i MSport

Just because the gear ratios are different doesn't mean it won't work. I put a 3.64 rear end on my 3.23 E90 330 and it worked fine just had higher rpm in all gears
      05-12-2019, 08:00 PM   #107
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Alrighty then, I guess you have all the answers..

When folks start installing it in mismatched vehicles and their dashboard light up like a Christmas tree.. It they care to admit it. I'll be back..

In the meantime, go take your chill pills, bro it's not that serious..
I'll take that bet that it WILL work on a F32 435iXdrive

It WILL work on a 2016-2017 PreLCI F32 440i.

It WILL NOT work properly on any F32 440iXDrive.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      05-12-2019, 08:11 PM   #108
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'll take that bet
[U]How about now; I'll PayPal you a $100, no BS if you find one person, not just on planet earth but the entire milky way galaxy that can confirm they have an M Performance LSD installed on an F series Xdrive vehicle.

I'll wait..
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2019, 08:13 PM   #109
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'll take that bet
How about now; I'll PayPal you a $100, no BS if you find one person, not just on planet earth but the entire milky way galaxy that can confirm they have an M Performance LSD installed on an F series Xdrive vehicle.

I'll wait..
I'll put titles on the line.

You that sure of yourself?

Going to enjoy your M2 !
Appreciate 3
      05-12-2019, 10:22 PM   #110
2000Z3M
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i ZHP

wow this turned into a bitch fest
Appreciate 0