F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Fog light coding question
GetBMWParts

03-08-2023, 08:32 PM   #89
Pepi
Rep
Drives: 328d, 540iT, 328i, 750iL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepi View Post
I am looking to do the same = fogs turned on/off independently, no matter what lights are turned on/off.

Did you ever find a coding solution to make this a reality?
TIA!
Presumably this ^^^^ cannot be done with coding?

I will study the wiring diagram to see if it's possible to hard-wire the foglight switch, so that they can be turned on/off independently, no matter what lights are on.

Can anyone see if there will any conflicts in hardwiring the foglight switch?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2023, 12:32 PM   #90
nitrowasabi
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330e

Garage List
2016 BMW 330e  [10.00]
Lightbulb Anything can be done through coding!!

Hi! This has been a very informative thread, thank you to all contributors! I'm here to share a little success story and hopefully rebate some statements on earlier posts.

Anything can be done through coding (as long as anything can be done in 4 rules or less)

I found myself trying to enable DRLs while low/high beams are turned on on my aftermarket headlights. According to previous comments regarding turning on fog lights with high beams, one would lose the fog light feature (and that's correct, if done how it's suggested).

I'm sharing the PDF that OP shared again to keep it handy.

Essentially one needs to understand each entry on the table as rules that you can set to whatever you like. When FUNCTION is triggered (e.g. turn the light switch to low beams, triggering the Low Beam Function) OUTPUT (0x03 and 0x04, DRL L/R) will be set (to whatever extent LV1 and PWM are set, most are set to 100% and fixed which is flat 12v).

Most have a purpose (ABBLENDL=Low Beam, FERNL=High Beam, STANDL and PARKL=Stand Lights AKA Parking Lights, TAGFAHRL=DRL, etc.) but some are there disabled and can be set to whatever you want (UNIVERSAL_1/2/3/4). In my case I've used UNIVERSAL_1 as DRL_WITH_LOWBEAM_L and UNIVERSAL_2 as DRL_WITH_LOWBEAM_R.

By setting these I have now DRLs with Low Beams (and High Beams).

Name:  universal-rules.png
Views: 83
Size:  9.3 KB
Attached Images
File Type: pdf LampMapping.pdf (200.2 KB, 49 views)
Appreciate 0