F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > CPwinch Track/Daily Build:F32 435 EBII
ARMA SPEED

03-18-2015, 10:09 AM   #23
jjc4scab
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 435ix,GTR, Huracan Performante

Perfect drop!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 10:09 PM   #24
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjc4scab View Post
Perfect drop!!!!!!!!!!
thanks!
      03-26-2015, 09:28 AM   #25
Avenged328i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH View Post
Recently did a photo shoot of my F32 435i with Austin Winchell aka EOE90 on here. The shots turned out amazing! Please check out austinwinchell.com for more...

Also check out BMWmodification on instagram for more!

Vehicle Information:
Year: 2014
Make: BMW
Model: F32 435i
Color: Estoril Blue II

Current modifications:
KW V3 Coilover Suspension
Morr Wheels VS8.2
BMW Performance spoiler/diffuser/grills
And more…

What beach is that at????

Or is this somewhere down PCH?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 04:09 PM   #26
Rich2k1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

car looking good!!!
      04-02-2015, 01:03 AM   #27
makiko
Private
Rep
Drives: None

Beautiful car! Can you tell me what you're dropped on? The perfect height! and what wheels are those? Clean and simple!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 04:48 PM   #28
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich2k1 View Post
car looking good!!!
Thanks Rich! Hope all is well brother
Quote:
Originally Posted by makiko View Post
Beautiful car! Can you tell me what you're dropped on? The perfect height! and what wheels are those? Clean and simple!
Thanks! I am dropped on KWv3 coilovers and the wheels are morr vs8.2
      06-11-2015, 01:33 AM   #29
norb335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M Sport 6MT

Your car is looking great!

Can you share your rebound and compression settings for the front and rear? And what does the car feel/drive like with those settings?

It looks like the rear rebound cannot be changed after installation as it will be inaccessible with the new top mount design of the F30 that does not allow access to the top of the strut from the trunk anymore.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 03:46 PM   #30
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by norb335i View Post

Can you share your rebound and compression settings for the front and rear? And what does the car feel/drive like with those settings?

It looks like the rear rebound cannot be changed after installation as it will be inaccessible with the new top mount design of the F30 that does not allow access to the top of the strut from the trunk anymore.
thanks! I think i left my bump or compression at 5 all around I believe. And rebound I dont think i ever changed. The car rides really well. Next time I have the car lifted up ill check my settings.
      06-13-2015, 04:26 PM   #31
norb335i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH
Quote:

thanks! I think i left my bump or compression at 5 all around I believe. And rebound I dont think i ever changed. The car rides really well. Next time I have the car lifted up ill check my settings.
Thanks, it looks like most of the people leave it on factory setting all around (C: 6, R: 9) with some going one or two click stiffer on rebound and maybe 1 on compression, but that's pretty much the whole range I've seen. Looks like it will be a quick dial in then once they get installed on mine.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 07:53 AM   #32
FFM
PLEB R8
Rep
Drives: B9 SQ5 | R8 V8 6MT

Ok that last one made me laugh. First thing that came to mind was, forever alone lol.

Quote:
Thanks, it looks like most of the people leave it on factory setting all around (C: 6, R: 9) with some going one or two click stiffer on rebound and maybe 1 on compression, but that's pretty much the whole range I've seen. Looks like it will be a quick dial in then once they get installed on mine.
Not to derail the thread, but then why get V3's if people are leaving them on the factory settings. Due to KW's valving design, the V2's technically would accomplish the same goal since the rebound adjusts along with the dampening.

Last edited by FFM; 06-16-2015 at 07:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 12:04 AM   #33
norb335i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFM
Ok that last one made me laugh. First thing that came to mind was, forever alone lol.

Quote:
Not to derail the thread, but then why get V3's if people are leaving them on the factory settings. Due to KW's valving design, the V2's technically would accomplish the same goal since the rebound adjusts along with the dampening.
Yeah, it only makes sense to go with the V3s if you plan to use it for some tacking in addition to DD and have the patients to test out what settings work the best on track and what's the best on the road. Once you know these, you can just quickly adjust them before and after a track day. Otherwise better to just go with the V1. I don't know how much pain it's going to be to change the rear rebound with the "hidden" knob, but will see whether I can drill the wheel hub and set it from the trunk, but my initial investigation shows that it might not work, will see and report back.

However, there are some good instructions online that tell you how to test and set compression and rebound to the best and they are pretty straightforward, so if you don't mind to "play around" a bit, it can be good fun and a rewarding experience.

I guess just by switching to coilovers without even touching the C/R settings the change is so impactful that most of the people don't even bother to finetune it further. I guess it's more like a personal preference. Probably will be able to say more once I installed mine and did some tuning. Will definitely be smarter afterwards. :-) I personally wanted to leave the option open and have the ability to tune and learn from it, but for my next coilover (whenever and whatever car the will be for) I might decide differently.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 05:04 PM   #34
Luke54
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 428i M Sport Coupe Manual

Looks immense. Wish my 18 inch wheels filled the arches like that!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2015, 06:24 PM   #35
BatCam
Im just here so i don't get fined
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Comp Mineral Gray

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Awesome pics the last one made me crack up! 😂
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2015, 09:21 PM   #36