F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > 2015 328i mechanical issues - don't want to get swindled
proTUNING Freaks

05-12-2021, 08:26 PM   #1
GeeMcGee
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

2015 328i mechanical issues - don't want to get swindled

Hi I have a 2015 328i that is having mechanical issues. I am the only owner and always went to my maintenance checks as needed. My left and right brake lights intermittently exchange when they want to malfunction totally random and then they're fine. This has been going on for many years. Initially, they could not reproduce the issue so they replaced the entire unit. Worked for a while. Now I am out of warranty (yea that blows) and it is happening again. Seems like a super weird issue to happen. Then I was driving down the road and the transmission suddenly threw the car into neutral. This happened 6 months ago as well (again, cannot reproduce) and they determined it was the fault of the air conditioner malfunctioning. Had to shut off car and restart. Worked fine. They fixed the AC (can't remember exactly but it was like $1900 to repair). Maybe a pump? It wasn't freon. The AC has been struggling again and probably because of this damn Florida heat.

Any suggestions? Totally freaked me out when I was driving 50 MPH and it went into neutral randomly. Their over priced computer check is clearly not that great at diagnosing.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2021, 09:47 AM   #2
BrysonDM
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 328I Xdrive MSport

Take it to an Indy shop if possible, or might just be worth it to trade it in and get rid of these headaches. sorry!
Appreciate 0