F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Help Needed! Creating a YouTube Channel
ARMA SPEED

08-07-2018, 10:36 PM   #23
Grip Addict
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
I'll throw my opinion out there. Making a channel about something that already has countless channels seems pointless. I can appreciate your endeavor here but let's ask a few questions. Why are you doing this? Is the desired result to educate individuals who vape or to make money? First thing I'd like to throw at you is that people that make money don't do what they do for the financial result, they do it for the love of it and the money comes along later. If you are doing this grasping at straws for dollars, you aren't going to be very successful. If this is the case have you thought about moving to Colorado and opening up a dispensary? In all seriousness here, it looks like you are trying to enter a market that is already over saturated.

If you are dead set on using YouTube as a platform maybe you should find a subject that is relatively new or doesn't have quite the saturation that vaping does. I get that you vape and people say that making money is easy if you love what you're doing, but in order to make money on vaping, perhaps selling the materials instead of making videos about products.

I would also consider a subject that doesn't have such quite a negative connotation to it. I realize that there are a lot of people that vape but for every person that does, there are 3-4 times as many that don't. I understand that you vape and I mean no disrespect as I smoke, but most people I know don't vape; and when we see people that do we do not think, "Man, that's cool" in fact it's quite the opposite.

I'm quite curious to hear your answer to the desired end result. If it's only about money, save your money, go see a financial advisor and invest in something. If it is truly for the love of the vape and educating people who already vape....good luck to you.
This guy shares my mind.

Just take the car category.

Everyone wants to be the next car related lifestyle blogger, Hoonigan, Donut Media, etc. There are channels made everyday and people put so much time and effort and get like 10 views per video then stop.

I don't know anything about vaping, but I imagine there are hundreds of vape videos and channels. Why would someone click on your 5 view video when some known vape channel already reviewed it and has 500k views.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      08-08-2018, 07:05 AM   #24
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip Addict View Post
This guy shares my mind.

Just take the car category.

Everyone wants to be the next car related lifestyle blogger, Hoonigan, Donut Media, etc. There are channels made everyday and people put so much time and effort and get like 10 views per video then stop.

I don't know anything about vaping, but I imagine there are hundreds of vape videos and channels. Why would someone click on your 5 view video when some known vape channel already reviewed it and has 500k views.
Exactly. I mean no disrespect to OP but in this day and age trying to find an original idea to generate a buzz or income is pretty difficult to do unless you have the financial backing. It seems most things have been done and done and done over again. There are safer ways of generating capital but it isn't done overnight, and most of those require money in hand as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 07:21 AM   #25
Supra2k6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

lol to all the subaru comments. I can give you some guidance this is what i do for a living.

Keep in mind you're going to have to run Ads on your videos for a while and INVEST in yourself.

The sooner you get rid of the thinking that youtube subs comes from organic traffic the sooner you can grow. You will get a few organic views here and there but the key is to provide value to your viewers a bit of click bait videos and run ads.

You can grow at a healthy rate a get about 10-20k subs in 6 months to a year but you have to invest money. You can later monetize your audience in different way by selling them a product, affiliate link, etc

Now most people don't put their money where their mouth is and quit after they see how hard it is or figure out that you have to invest money in order to grow at a fast paced.

Now can you grow without money sure but it will take you years and time is money. Also i would recommend doing a video daily to begin with youtube algorithm will show your channel more if you do so. If you really want to go serious about it pm/email me.

Also quiet the opposite as to what people are saying if there are huge channels why compete? well look at how netflix dethroned blockbuster and so on so on. If there are huge channels out there that means there is a market there now you do not need to be the top youtube channel to make a comfortable extra income. it just takes money but see it as an investment if there are zero channels about a certain topic it usually means there is no market for it or the niche is too small but sometimes there are gaps in the market and if you're the first one there you make the most money. Safest advice is to ride trends don't try to start trends takes a lot of money to start a trend but sometimes you can get lucky.

ps just watched the video and it looks great make sure you listen to your audience ask them to participate and leave a comment for ideas of future videos and very important reply to every comment it boosts your video.

Last edited by Supra2k6; 08-08-2018 at 07:33 AM..
Appreciate 1
Hawkeye2069.50