F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Avin USA 10.25 android system install DIY
Extreme Powerhouse

10-17-2018, 07:02 AM   #2355
kalinkamaen
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0 Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by undymm View Post
thank You, will try!--so, unfortunately on mine 4.4., 1.st gen android in BMW X5E70 it does not work. Maybe because I am running on older SW, and I am afraid to update it, because everything else is working OK. Can You pls let me know Your SW version, which date is it? Thank You, Martin
As I understand, this is only possible with 7.1 and up.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 09:04 AM   #2356
M4greb
Rep
Drives: BMW f10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalinkamaen View Post
As I understand, this is only possible with 7.1 and up.
Yes only 7.1
i have both gen1 and gen2 and only works on 7.1

Has anyone figured out why click Idrive button does not work in CarPlay dongle.
You can navigate through but cannot click.
Had many responses from Avin with firmware but does not work.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 09:59 AM   #2357
lyzardo
Rep
Drives: BMW f31

Dimming the brightness automatically . Automatic brightness is switched off in settings . Some suggestions how to fix this? I want it to stay in full brightness since it's much more visible during daylight
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 10:54 AM   #2358
pcherian
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW320d

Quote:
As you already know, do not in any way cancel your dispute. I have been in this situation my self. If you wait him out, Aliexpress will give you your money back. It will take time. He needs to come up with a solution. Just tell him that the only solution you want is money back. And only communicate through Aliexpress.
I agree. Do not cancel the dispute. The seller is probably responding because of the pressure exerted by AliExpress. AliExpress that way steps in and helps. Safe bet is to ask for the refund and buy from a more reliable seller. From my experience the after sales support from AliExpress vendors is almost zilch. If you have an option, better to buy from a seller who has a reputation of providing good after sales support.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 11:31 AM   #2359
Nickhawk
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

@stlb5: splitscreen is a standard feature of Android 7, every device with that can do a slitscreen ;-)
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 03:54 PM   #2360
-NONO-
Rep
Drives: BMW 530D F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcherian View Post
Thanks a ton! Will try it and let you. Should I just place the unzipped file on the usb drive?
Unzipped file en desktop.

What you are going to do is a boot sd including the img file. Follow the steps in the manual.

Follow SD Tool Update instruction.xls.

Last edited by -NONO-; 10-18-2018 at 02:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 10:42 PM   #2361
pcherian
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NONO- View Post
Quote:
Thanks a ton! Will try it and let you. Should I just place the unzipped file on the usb drive?
Unzipped file en desktop.

What you are going to do is a boot sd including the img file. Follow the steps in the manual.

Follow SD Tool Update instruction.xls.
Thanks. After many misses the utility finally created the SD boot card. I had to change the SD adaptor and the micro SD cards many times. Finally it worked with an 8Gb micro Sd card. My system is working again. Thank you for your help. You saved my day!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 09:27 AM   #2362
pcherian
Enlisted Member
Rep

I have a 10.25 inch Gen 1 4.4.4 unit for my F30 (originally with 6.5 inch CIC) that I bought from one of the vendors at AliExpress. I have not updated the MCU since I installed the unit in Nov 2017.

After I got out of the bootIoop issue with help from -NONO-, I realise that after I installed the new firmware, ID6 does not come up as an option probably because the MCU has not been updated. Does anyone have a newer MCU file that is suitable for this system?

Those with ID6... is it worth the trouble?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 12:01 PM   #2363
Goofy10v3
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 x5 35d

Greetings all,

Sorry I’m off the topic, I have 2011 x5d CIC just installed AVIN running into hassle that’s no sound out.

If key in inigtion (not running) I have decent sound from android and idrive without connect to Aux from under armrest. BUT once I startup the car (running) I have no sound from android but does have sound from idrive. Every thing working perfectly no hit Cup.

I have basic speaker system not hifi, from my knowledge only if you have logic7 than you don’t needed connect to aux. Moved optic cable into AVIN harness. AVIN AUX turn into AUX INPUT instead OUTPUT. Mean I can connect my iPhone via aux playing music.

I have tried connect to aux under armrest, volume max no luck.
Any help, truly appreciate!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 03:49 PM   #2364
-NONO-
Rep

Quote:
I have a 10.25 inch Gen 1 4.4.4 unit for my F30 (originally with 6.5 inch CIC) that I bought from one of the vendors at AliExpress. I have not updated the MCU since I installed the unit in Nov 2017.

After I got out of the bootIoop issue with help from -NONO-, I realise that after I installed the new firmware, ID6 does not come up as an option probably because the MCU has not been updated. Does anyone have a newer MCU file that is suitable for this system?

Install this.................. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Rr...ocK6IYpU0Ew1pP

1.- Uncompress it
2.- Copy the XML file on a flash drive.
3.- Connect the pendrive and restart the device.
4.- Wait about 30 seconds, after that the update device.

Last edited by -NONO-; 10-19-2018 at 05:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 05:06 PM   #2365
-NONO-
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. After many misses the utility finally created the SD boot card. I had to change the SD adaptor and the micro SD cards many times. Finally it worked with an 8Gb micro Sd card. My system is working again. Thank you for your help. You saved my day!!!

I'm glad, it's been a pleasure to help you,.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 03:55 AM   #2366
Wooju
Rep
Drives: 5 series F10

Hello,
I have a 7.1 adroid unit and my google maps keeps crashing every now and then. When they do, it's just a black screen with few lines (looks silimar to a cracked lcd). When i restart the unit, all is fine again.
1. Did anyone had similar issue?
2. Is there a way to reboot the unit without switching car off?

Also, when i switch on the unit, the fist thing that start is the music player.

3. How can i set the default 'starting' app?

4. Could somebody provide me with updates for cic 7.1 android please?

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 07:01 AM   #2367
kalinkamaen
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooju View Post
Hello,
I have a 7.1 adroid unit and my google maps keeps crashing every now and then. When they do, it's just a black screen with few lines (looks silimar to a cracked lcd). When i restart the unit, all is fine again.
1. Did anyone had similar issue?
2. Is there a way to reboot the unit without switching car off?

Also, when i switch on the unit, the fist thing that start is the music player.

3. How can i set the default 'starting' app?

4. Could somebody provide me with updates for cic 7.1 android please?

Thanks in advance
Is this the 8,8 inch version. If so there is a reset switch on the right side. There is a small hole. You need a smal steal thing to push it.

It is not possible to make a default app to my understanding. To be honest I am happy that music app starts on default. Because when I close music app and start spotify or internett radio, both works with next and back key on steeringwheel.

This freeze issue has also happened to me once. I think its running to hot. Its just a guess from me. But I know from other units that PX3 will overheat very easy. I am going to install a fan later to see if it helps. <-- But I have only experienced it once. But I am only using it for Sycig, not Gmaps. I think Gmaps is using more Cpu power.

Firmware updates.

MCU updates. <.-- Only instal CIC MCU updates on your unit if your is CIC. NOT CCC and NOT NBT.

THIS IS 7.1 ONLY. DO NOT USE FOR ANDROID 4.4.4
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 08:04 AM   #2368
pcherian
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Install this.................. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Rr...ocK6IYpU0Ew1pP

1.- Uncompress it
2.- Copy the XML file on a flash drive.
3.- Connect the pendrive and restart the device.
4.- Wait about 30 seconds, after that the update device.
👍. Perfect!!! It worked without a hitch. From having a unit that I thought I had to junk (due to boot loop) I now have a unit that feels like a new one with ID6. Everything is working perfectly. Thanks -NONO-, you are my savior!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 08:11 AM   #2369
pcherian
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy10v3 View Post
Greetings all,

Sorry I'm off the topic, I have 2011 x5d CIC just installed AVIN running into hassle that's no sound out.

If key in inigtion (not running) I have decent sound from android and idrive without connect to Aux from under armrest. BUT once I startup the car (running) I have no sound from android but does have sound from idrive. Every thing working perfectly no hit Cup.

I have basic speaker system not hifi, from my knowledge only if you have logic7 than you don't needed connect to aux. Moved optic cable into AVIN harness. AVIN AUX turn into AUX INPUT instead OUTPUT. Mean I can connect my iPhone via aux playing music.

I have tried connect to aux under armrest, volume max no luck.
Any help, truly appreciate!!!!
If you have connected through AUX port from under arm-rest, before you move from idrive to Android side please check if you have selected AUX. If you play radio or cd from idrive side you will have to select AUX before you move to Android side for sound to come through the aux port. Please check this before you trouble shoot further.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 11:29 AM   #2370
Wooju
Rep
Drives: 5 series F10

Quote:
Is this the 8,8 inch version. If so there is a reset switch on the right side. There is a small hole. You need a smal steal thing to push it.

It is not possible to make a default app to my understanding. To be honest I am happy that music app starts on default. Because when I close music app and start spotify or internett radio, both works with next and back key on steeringwheel.

This freeze issue has also happened to me once. I think its running to hot. Its just a guess from me. But I know from other units that PX3 will overheat very easy. I am going to install a fan later to see if it helps. <-- But I have only experienced it once. But I am only using it for Sycig, not Gmaps. I think Gmaps is using more Cpu power.

Firmware updates.

MCU updates. <.-- Only instal CIC MCU updates on your unit if your is CIC. NOT CCC and NOT NBT.

THIS IS 7.1 ONLY. DO NOT USE FOR ANDROID 4.4.4
Thank you mate for your help. I will try to update it in the next few days.

The unit I have is the 10.25' as i have the F10.

Of the crashing issue was due to the temp of the unit, should't the whole unit not work? The build in car menu is fine and so is the music if it's playing. I sometimes even get the commands even though the screen is 'broken'
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 12:13 PM   #2371
-NONO-
Rep

Quote:
👍. Perfect!!! It worked without a hitch. From having a unit that I thought I had to junk (due to boot loop) I now have a unit that feels like a new one with ID6. Everything is working perfectly. Thanks -NONO-, you are my savior!!!

I'm glad ...... This is the greatness of the network
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 12:36 PM   #2372
ddigian
Danilo
Italy
Rep
Drives: bmw 318d

NO SIGNAL

I have a unit 4.4.4 gen2 avin
and I still have the problem that often when yes
start the drive gives me the error "no signal"
I have to turn off the car or reset button
I have the latest update but still many times myself
from this problem

can someone help me

Thank you
Danilo
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 01:14 PM   #2373
kalinkamaen
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooju View Post
Thank you mate for your help. I will try to update it in the next few days.

The unit I have is the 10.25' as i have the F10.

Of the crashing issue was due to the temp of the unit, should't the whole unit not work? The build in car menu is fine and so is the music if it's playing. I sometimes even get the commands even though the screen is 'broken'
If thats the case here, no its not heat issue. Mine was not doing the sam thing then, sorry for missunderstanding you.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 01:18 PM   #2374
kalinkamaen
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddigian View Post
I have a unit 4.4.4 gen2 avin
and I still have the problem that often when yes
start the drive gives me the error "no signal"
I have to turn off the car or reset button
I have the latest update but still many times myself
from this problem

can someone help me

Thank you
Danilo
Hello sir. I fixed my nosignal screen at booting with taking away gps splitter and running with original china antenna instead. I know that many people here are still running splitter without issue, but in my case it did not. So if you are running gps fakra splitter, try to remove it. It can help.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2018, 03:50 AM   #2375
pcherian
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I'm glad ...... This is the greatness of the network
Absolutely. Thank you!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2018, 05:29 AM   #2376
ddigian
Danilo
Italy
Rep
Drives: bmw 318d

Quote:
Hello sir. I fixed my nosignal screen at booting with taking away gps splitter and running with original china antenna instead. I know that many people here are still running splitter without issue, but in my case it did not. So if you are running gps fakra splitter, try to remove it. It can help.
in my case, I think not!
I did some tests and I think the problem is software and not hardware
in fact, when I delete the cache from the MUSIC app the system starts again and again without problems and then after some kind of 4 or 5 switching on the problem occurs again
and as if you could not shut down in time when you close the car
because the 12v power supply is removed before the system turns off completely
Appreciate 0