F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Voluntary termination
Extreme Powerhouse

03-21-2019, 04:45 PM   #23
Kev87
Rep
Drives: 435d GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn1981 View Post
Didn’t want to start a new thread

Could those of you who have VT’d before please tell me of your experience of doing it, whatvare the issues I may come up against?

I am at month 42 of a 48 month and due to needing a vehicle with more space I am keen to change now for something bigger. I’m in negative equity so dealer not interested in negotiating and X5 will be at ridiculous cost for a while, so probably going to go for an XC90 or Q7. But will have to VT if I want to change now.

Do I just call them and tell them I want to VT, do I have to plead financial hardship? What has been your experiences of the process you went through.

Thanks
Not at all, VT'ing is fairly common these days. They won't need any explanation of why you are doing it. Just be aware that they want the car back in good condition so will assess the car and charge you for any repairs. When you call them ask about this and they can usually point you towards a website with a price list. Then you can work out whether it is worth the hassle of getting the repairs done yourself prior to hand back or just let them crack on with (wife got away with 3 kerbed alloys when she VT'd last year)

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 04:53 PM   #24
c.grex
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D Luxury

Quote:
Didn’t want to start a new thread

Could those of you who have VT’d before please tell me of your experience of doing it, whatvare the issues I may come up against?

I am at month 42 of a 48 month and due to needing a vehicle with more space I am keen to change now for something bigger. I’m in negative equity so dealer not interested in negotiating and X5 will be at ridiculous cost for a while, so probably going to go for an XC90 or Q7. But will have to VT if I want to change now.

Do I just call them and tell them I want to VT, do I have to plead financial hardship? What has been your experiences of the process you went through.

Thanks
I rang in advance, they where really helpful. They told me wait 3 months and that would be the month I could VT without owing anything. They sent (via email) a guide about what the car inspection would involve, and what is acceptable wear and tear with pictures.
On the day a guy came and looking at the car and took loads of pictures. He noted that one curbed alloy was about 10mm over what is allowed without a charge, but he said he wouldn’t mark it down because the rest of the car was mint.

He left and a 2nd guy came by foot (walked 3 miles from train station) he took more photos and said he was taking straight to the auction holding compound.

All in all stress free, I just send the log book back to BMW finance. They sent a letter to say it was done.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 05:02 PM   #25
Glenn1981
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LCI 2015.5 335D XDrive M Sport

Thanks guys really helpful

To be honest my BMW dealer was the one telling me to do it

Other than the alloys the car is in perfect condition. All 4 are Jeeves though but more importantly in a bit of a state corrosion wise: however BMW did accept that it was fault and would change under warranty but wanted 20% which was £600 so hadn’t got round to doing it.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 02:04 PM   #26
Liquidfox
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335d

Quote:
Thanks guys really helpful

To be honest my BMW dealer was the one telling me to do it

Other than the alloys the car is in perfect condition. All 4 are Jeeves though but more importantly in a bit of a state corrosion wise: however BMW did accept that it was fault and would change under warranty but wanted 20% which was £600 so hadn’t got round to doing it.
Wheel corrosion isn't chargeable, so don't worry about that.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 02:48 PM   #27
phildo74
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G42 m240i

Almost finished doing 2 VT's with BMW in space of the last 3 weeks..Wifes 1 series was collected on Monday and my 340 is going on Wednesday.

Rang BWMFS and informed wish to VT - very helpful and give you info on process

Receive email with VT pack (some advise not to sign pack as it's suggested on the web that in theory can challenge excess miles if VT'ing - however, I signed up for X miles, I have done over and I will pay. Also, BMWFS will chase and will go legal over it)

Email back completed pack and post original + V5c by recorded post

Wait to be contacted by British Car Auctions (wife received phone call, I got a text with link to a booking website - no idea why different system)

Arrange date - wife was told what day, I got to choose a day......

On collection day for wifes car - get text saying what time, 1 person arrived and did thorough inspection, wife signed the report and that same person took the car. (Mines not yet been collected but I've been told process is same)

Wait for invoice from BMWFS for any mileage/damage charges

All in all, it does take about 2 weeks from start to finish which was a pain with wifes car as her new one turned up a few weeks early and dealer didn't warn us, so they had to hold it a few weeks whilist we terminated the BMW.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 09:47 AM   #28
daz216
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzy619 View Post
Just phone them and ask.... They won't bite your head off:
I decided to phone bmw finance on Fri to see what my vt point was,the lady was very pleasant & within a couple of minutes I was told that my settlement was 5k now or I can vt in Feb 2020 so I was pretty chuffed that I can vt 7 months early that's good for me so happy days & thanks everyone for your input.
Appreciate 0