F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > MPPSK questions
ARMA SPEED

12-30-2020, 03:09 AM   #1
steve58
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: 340i

MPPSK questions

Hi everyone,

First time poster here.

I’m in the market for an exhaust for my 340i and have narrowed it down between a Remus catback system ($3.5k) and the MPPSK. I just have a few questions I’d like to throw out there for you Aussie 340i/440i drivers who have an MPPSK installed (especially in the last year).

1. Where and when did you purchase your MPPSK and the dealer which installed it
2. Breakdown of total cost
3. Whether you ran into any issues post installation (e.g. valve not opening, minimal or no power gains, etc)
4. Expectation vs reality experience post installation
5. If you have any experience comparing the MPPSK against an aftermarket system and how it differs

I requested for quotes from all the Sydney based dealers recently and received a range between $4.1k to $6.1k. But the spread narrowed to $5.5k to $6.1k after realising some of the dealers neglected to quote for necessary components such as the tuning cost and tips . This seems a little steep compared to a few years ago (read of articles and other forum members who paid circa $4.8k) and even in comparison to other countries like the UK where dealers are getting rid of the MPPSK for a discount (under $3k after conversion???). Any insights on this would be great.

Thanks all!

Steve
Appreciate 0