F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
proTUNING Freaks

01-23-2021, 05:53 AM   #6161
Len_Beach
Major
Rep
Drives: 435d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly1337 View Post
New update v2.1.0.0.mmi.b for Bimmertech NBT can be found on the 1st page.

They call it the December update but it's from early November:
Code:
created: 2020-11-06 02:21:32
They only have a single entry in their changelog. They added a couple of new internal config options that seem to improve the Android Auto resolution.
Also some other internal changes that also appeared in previous RoadTop and Andream updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdaw750 View Post
Still working with the RoadTop support team who keep sending me one version after another without success.
Let us know if they send you a new update that's not yet available on the 1st page
Thanks for sharing. Is there any advantage to running this on my Andream running custom firmware and MCU?

I use CarPlay so wouldn't see the advantage from the Android updates.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 07:09 AM   #6162
Evgenyproject
Rep
Drives: F30 330

Hi guys, which update can I use for this device from the first page ?! It was bought on Amazon. Manufacturer / supplier (NRpfell) Thank you
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 09:54 AM   #6163
Firefly1337
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F20 M135i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len_Beach View Post
Thanks for sharing. Is there any advantage to running this on my Andream running custom firmware and MCU?

I can't say for sure since I don't use Carplay. But the update wouldn't work anyway as it's for Bimmertech devices only (it will produce the 'Invalid update' screen).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgenyproject View Post
Hi guys, which update can I use for this device from the first page ?! It was bought on Amazon. Manufacturer / supplier (NRpfell) Thank you
Do you happen to have an update file on hand for your version? Then I can take a look which version it really is.

Judging from the version number I would've said a newer version for Andream CIC A-Version. But I saw someone else with that version number before and they said it was asking for a GEMINI_PACK.BIN which would indicate a B-Version. So far I haven't seen an update for your type of device.

-----------------

Also here's a sneak peek of what we are currently working on:
Attached Images

Last edited by Firefly1337; 01-23-2021 at 10:00 AM..
Appreciate 13
muniz_ri447.50
eexxcc9.00
Len_Beach186.00
rcaso26331.00
Fishie10.50
liam7752.50
Frrr6.00
knipz4.50
ckarv15.50
dandandan101.50
x-m4n148.00
      01-23-2021, 10:01 AM   #6164
Fishie
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 32ix

Quote:
I can't say for sure since I don't use Carplay. But the update wouldn't work anyway as it's for Bimmertech devices only (it will produce the 'Invalid update' screen).

Do you happen to have an update file on hand for your version? Then I can take a look which version it really is.

Judging from the version number I would've said a newer version for Andream CIC A-Version. But I saw someone else with that version number before and they said it was asking for a GEMINI_PACK.BIN which would indicate a B-Version. So far I haven't seen an update for your type of device.

-----------------

Also here's a sneek peak of what we are currently working on:
Woah, love the update with your current progress! I’m sure we’re all excited for you to release it, and now we want it even more! The Home Screen looks awesome, great work.

Appreciate everything you do for this community.

Last edited by Fishie; 01-23-2021 at 10:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 11:30 AM   #6165
rimsilva
Private
Portugal
Rep
Drives: i3 60Ah BEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primax View Post
It works fine with original MEDIA from the car, after entering Android Auto music still plays, but if i do something regarding with music (spotify), musics just stops. Haven't tried any diferent app, but no sound at all.

Tried with BT's car, and with Andream BT's, same issue. Seller says i need to use AUX Cable to have sound, but having more cables inside is pointeless for me...

Wich version is mine? A or B?
View post on imgur.com
You have a B version.

Interesting, seems that you have a different firmware version "B2_V1.1.2" than the ones that we have here.

to have audio with your box you don't need to use a AUX cable, what you need to do is to activate in idrive multimedia menu the AUX connection.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 12:06 PM   #6166
Primax
Private
Portugal
Rep
Drives: BMW 420D F36 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimsilva View Post
You have a B version.

Interesting, seems that you have a different firmware version "B2_V1.1.2" than the ones that we have here.

to have audio with your box you don't need to use a AUX cable, what you need to do is to activate in idrive multimedia menu the AUX connection.
What i read from FAQ that Andream Sent, that setting is for Carplay (Iphone), is that the same for Android Auto? even though there is nothing pluged in to Aux?

Or is it refered carplay the device itself? as i see the log in imagem says carplay with a blue car.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 03:20 PM   #6167
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjule1111 View Post
Any new updates for the carlinkit units ?
9.2.9.yl.b is the latest .bin floating around. But they are currently shipping with 9.2.10.yl.b which adds AA widescreen view and auto-start.
Appreciate 1
Frrr6.00
      01-23-2021, 05:03 PM   #6168
tekibg
Rep
Drives: BMW E60 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekibg View Post
Hi. I have flashed firmware to Universal version CIC from first page, but Android Auto doesn’t work, I can’t connect neither wired or wirelessly. CarPlay works nice. My MMI is Andream A CIC. Everything worked fine on original software. Do you have some ideas what is possible problem? Thanks
Finally, I have returned to Andream firmware, and AA is working again. Universal CIC version seems to have some AA issue.
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2021, 06:52 PM   #6169
biomed27
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas46 View Post
Hi, I've luckily found this awesome thread!

I own an F20 2017 lci2 with entrynav EVO (no navi) with a retrofittted 8,8"
I didn't purchased any backup camera when ordered the car and after a few years I've decided to buy an MMI with the camera option and also Android Auto.

I bought and Andream one on Aliexpress, the seller says on the post that's an EW-BMCP-NBT01A
I looked at the main thread and it seems that to access the update menu in Andream "A" version I need to use pin 2863 but instead it works only with 5025, so I believe I recieved a B one

Also looking around I didn't see anyone using the EVO version.
My question is, is it possible/safe to update it to v1.0.A0.mod or other versions having an EVO instead of NBT? As I see I run a version that's not out yet

I'm attaching some screens
Same question. Can we use NBT updates on EVO version?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 07:20 PM   #6170
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekibg View Post
Finally, I have returned to Andream firmware, and AA is working again. Universal CIC version seems to have some AA issue.
The custom sw is based on the Bimmertech sw and requires a slightly different pairing than Andream, RoadTop, etc. sw:

Android Auto wireless pairing:

Enable WiFi on your smartphone. Next go to Bluetooth settings and switch Bluetooth OFF and back ON. On MMI Prime go to Settings-> Wireless Devices-> Wireless CarPlay Pairing and click Start Search. Wait until your phone appears on the list and the search process ends. Click on your phone name and accept all of the pop-ups that will appear on your smartphone screen. Within around a minute your smartphone should connect to Android Auto wirelessly. If after around a minute Android Auto does not connect, go to Settings-> Wireless Devices-> Paired Devices on your MMI Prime, select your phone and click to connect. For Android phones you should also connect your smartphone to the factory BMW Bluetooth system.
Appreciate 1
Frrr6.00
      01-23-2021, 09:04 PM   #6171
drlc101
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Colors on F10 NBT

Hi,

I installed my unit today on my F10 with NBT (2014 M5). Everything works great but my only complaint is colors do seem a bit washed out. I played around with display settings and got it to improve slightly but it could be better. My unit came with b2_v1.1.2 pre-installed.

Anyone on experiencing this? Curious if a different firmware or display settings can help improve. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 09:59 PM   #6172
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlc101 View Post
Hi,

I installed my unit today on my F10 with NBT (2014 M5). Everything works great but my only complaint is colors do seem a bit washed out. I played around with display settings and got it to improve slightly but it could be better. My unit came with b2_v1.1.2 pre-installed.

Anyone on experiencing this? Curious if a different firmware or display settings can help improve. Thanks!
It's likely the mmi software.

I have noticed variations in the quality of the color and graphics among the various sw versions that I have flashed. You may want to see if the seller has an update.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 03:11 AM   #6173
Evgenyproject
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

-----------------

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

-----------------

Hello and thank you for your Answer Firefly1337,

I am also asked for the Gmini file for update. Unfortunately, I don't get an update file for the interface from the seller. So it looks like I can't use modified firmware from the first page ?! Sorry for my bad english. I write in German and then translate into English with Google.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 03:50 AM   #6174
alex0607
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 & E60

Roadtop reverse camera connection cause minor issues

I just installed my rear camera for my F30 to my Roadtop MMI. I know this discussion is for the Andream unit but they are basically the same unit. Below is how I connected the camera.
Name:  Roadtop camera connection.jpg
Views: 1062
Size:  276.3 KB
Everything works fine except the reverse light will stay on for a while (although dimmer than usual). But occasionally when I open my trunk even when engine is off, the reverse light where I tapped the 12V from has a dim lit also for a short while. This quite annoying. Secondly when ever I start my car or press the start button to on, the car will register a reverse light failure. But all's well when I start moving reversing or going forward.

I suspect the red wire that comes with the video cable that I connected one end to the Roadtop reverse cam 12V out and the other to the reverse light 12V is causing this issue. I am not sure if this is how I should connect it but by not connecting both ends, the camera will work for a short while and off itself. While connecting just one end to either the 12V reverse light or the Roadtop Reverse cam 12V out will also cause the camera to turn on for a short while before switching off.

No idea what is causing the issue. Will write to Roadtop to seek their advice but was wondering if anyone here came across similar issue and how did you resolve this. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 03:58 AM   #6175
alex0607
Private First Class
Rep

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2021-01-24 at 17.56.37.jpeg
Views: 845
Size:  82.3 KB This is my current set version
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 07:03 AM   #6176
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 335d

Quote:

That looks extremely promising. One of my biggest issues with the standard menus is how unprofessional and cheap they look. That menu looks 100000x better!

Is the B version CiC box planned to get this custom firmware?

I am interested in helping out if you need someone with version B CIC box.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 07:07 AM   #6177
Evgenyproject
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

-----------------

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

-----------------

Hello and thank you for your Answer Firefly1337,

I am also asked for the Gmini file for update. Unfortunately, I don't get an update file for the interface from the seller. So it looks like I can't use modified firmware from the first page ?! Sorry for my bad english. I write in German and then translate into English with Google.
And another thing. The password to be able to carry out the update is for me: 2863
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 08:15 AM   #6178
Homersbud
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex0607 View Post
I just installed my rear camera for my F30 to my Roadtop MMI. I know this discussion is for the Andream unit but they are basically the same unit. Below is how I connected the camera.
Attachment 2512663
Everything works fine except the reverse light will stay on for a while (although dimmer than usual). But occasionally when I open my trunk even when engine is off, the reverse light where I tapped the 12V from has a dim lit also for a short while. This quite annoying. Secondly when ever I start my car or press the start button to on, the car will register a reverse light failure. But all's well when I start moving reversing or going forward.

I suspect the red wire that comes with the video cable that I connected one end to the Roadtop reverse cam 12V out and the other to the reverse light 12V is causing this issue. I am not sure if this is how I should connect it but by not connecting both ends, the camera will work for a short while and off itself. While connecting just one end to either the 12V reverse light or the Roadtop Reverse cam 12V out will also cause the camera to turn on for a short while before switching off.

No idea what is causing the issue. Will write to Roadtop to seek their advice but was wondering if anyone here came across similar issue and how did you resolve this. Thanks.
Did your rca cable come with the reverse wire attached on both end?

I simply used the reverse wire from the rca cable and tapped into the 12v wire coming from the mmi for power. I didn't bother using the ground wire & no need tap into any other wires.

I got an andream, but this setup has been working perfectly for 2 months now.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 08:20 AM   #6179
Masum2004
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 F20 116i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex0607 View Post
Attachment 2512663

The way you wired was exactly how I originally planned to do. But after connecting the camera to the MMI (before I got the time to connect to reverse light) I found that the camera works exactly as I expect it to. I was surprised first then realised that the power from the MMI (connection 1) powers the camera on the back and don't need to connect to the reverse +ve. I didn't even connect the ground 😀. Maybe I should try and see if there is a difference.

Attached is how mine looks, give it a try.

EDIT: I got a RoadTop B Unit and F20.
Attached Images

01-24-2021, 08:36 AM   #6180
dandandan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i N55 DCT

I'm not sure if this is possible given possible limitations with wireless CarPlay standards but is there any way to develop a software option to deliver all CarPlay audio (all apps and audio tracks) via Bluetooth while at the same time separating the video.

This would allow those with HK or high end sound to maintain all digital wireless audio but still benefit from the CarPlay GUI.

The AUX is not terrible but is massively out-shadowed by a true digital connection IMO.

My solution for CIC Android B unit so far:

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=27153133

Thanks guys! Amazing information and work!

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 08:49 AM   #6181
WolfRacer
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M, 2013 535ix

I have the Joyeauto, just recently purchased and installed.

I seem to be getting BMW Drivetrain malfunction error (I am getting the ODB reader and bimmerlink app to read codes but not here yet).

Is it common to get fault codes when using Joyeauto and is there a fix?

I have been reading this thread for hours. LOL, it is a great forum.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 08:56 AM   #6182
alex0607
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masum2004 View Post
The way you wired was exactly how I originally planned to do. But after connecting the camera to the MMI (before I got the time to connect to reverse light) I found that the camera works exactly as I expect it to. I was surprised first then realised that the power from the MMI (connection 1) powers the camera on the back and don't need to connect to the reverse +ve. I didn't even connect the ground ��. Maybe I should try and see if there is a difference.

Attached is how mine looks, give it a try.

EDIT: I got a RoadTop B Unit and F20.
Hi Masum2004, Thanks for your explanation. I will try this. But I am seeing something else also from my checking of the yellow wire coming out of the Roadtop unit. I used a multimeter to check if there is a voltage coming through the wire upon start up. Indeed it has. Is the yellow wire suppose to have current upon starting the engine? Hence why my reverse light came on. So if this is the case, I suspect if I wire up as what you said, it might not solve my problem. I suspect a faulty unit as far as the yellow wire is concern. But in any case I will try it now again and see if you are right. Will report back shortly.

Edit: OK. So I went back to do just like what you said. Same issue. Unplugging the power supply to the camera meant the camera won't turn on at all. But the other red wire connected to the RCA cable which is still connected to the reverse light still supply 12V power to the reverse light. And this issue is causing havoc to my car system. Warnings about the reverse light and fog light failure all came up. But resolve itself after driving. Hence I can only conclude there is a fault in the MMI system. I have already messaged Roadtop about this and hopefully they can help to resolve this issue. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by alex0607; 01-24-2021 at 09:08 AM..
Appreciate 0