F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Anyone running the Spool Performance Wireless Ethanol Analyzer Kit?
ARMA SPEED

01-16-2021, 07:30 AM   #45
Munchi435i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 435i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKH 5 View Post
Im also using it on an iphone and was automatically connected when i opened the app.

A buddy with a Samsung phone could not connect at all. Couldn't see it in his bluetooth settings either. 🤷🏾*♂️

Good luck with that
I tried with both an iPhone and Samsung same issue.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 03:37 PM   #46
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchi435i View Post
Contacted spool this morning via Instagram and they are sending a new sensor and analyzer. They were very quick to respond and offer the replacement. Once I have the new parts I will update
So this means you have to remove the intake manifold and reinstall?

Is there a way to test app connectivity before you do the install?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 04:07 PM   #47
Munchi435i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
So this means you have to remove the intake manifold and reinstall?

Is there a way to test app connectivity before you do the install?
The sensor and the analyzer are visible in the engine bay. My first thought would be to install the new analyzer because it has the easiest access. The sensor is a little more involved but should not require removal of intake manifold. There is connectivity to the hardware using both android and iOS. This has me suspect that the sensor is faulty. :
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 01:51 PM   #48
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep

Quote:
The sensor and the analyzer are visible in the engine bay. My first thought would be to install the new analyzer because it has the easiest access. The sensor is a little more involved but should not require removal of intake manifold. There is connectivity to the hardware using both android and iOS. This has me suspect that the sensor is faulty. :
Ah OK. So at least you dont have to redo the job.

I was also asking because if i ever do HPFP + sensor, I would like to have to way to at least test connectivity before putting everything back together incase a situation like this isnt just a 1 off.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 03:26 PM   #49
Munchi435i
Major
United_States
Rep

Here's an update

Tried the new sensor and analyzer that spool sent but still same issue. The indy shop and spool spoke on the phone to see if there was a step missed and provided some tips. No luck resolving the issue. Spool is having me send back the equipment so they can test it and see whats happening although according to them everything is tested before being sent out. In the meantime im stuck paying for labor to reinstall the kit a second and a third time once spool figures out why the hardware is not working.

I will say this much, spool was quick to respond with an initial resolution and sent the new sensor and analyzer quickly. They also offered to call the shop to speak with them directly.

At this point I'm requesting a reimbursement for the additional labor hours to reinstall the first and future second replacement. Let's see how this plays out.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 05:05 PM   #50
homanmaster
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i F30

I got this installed on my 2013 F30 N55 PWG FBO with Bigboost 3.3 and Port injection and satge 2 HPFP and Stage 2 LPFP and mine runs greats. I run usually E75-85 on 23 lbs of boost and never had any issues. Making well over 600 WHP. Easy install and the app is pretty accurate from when I got it dyno tuned with my shop and tuner at Stage FP in NC
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 09:22 PM   #51
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Cs Lamborghini Huracan

Quote:
Here's an update

Tried the new sensor and analyzer that spool sent but still same issue. The indy shop and spool spoke on the phone to see if there was a step missed and provided some tips. No luck resolving the issue. Spool is having me send back the equipment so they can test it and see whats happening although according to them everything is tested before being sent out. In the meantime im stuck paying for labor to reinstall the kit a second and a third time once spool figures out why the hardware is not working.

I will say this much, spool was quick to respond with an initial resolution and sent the new sensor and analyzer quickly. They also offered to call the shop to speak with them directly.

At this point I'm requesting a reimbursement for the additional labor hours to reinstall the first and future second replacement. Let's see how this plays out.

Hey man is your issue finally resolved?

Who is the indy shop you're referring to?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 08:47 AM   #52
Munchi435i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YASBBYM3 View Post
Hey man is your issue finally resolved?

Who is the indy shop you're referring to?
Ended up scrapping the project and waiting for MHD to come out with there ethanol analyzer.

Anyone interested in an ethanol analyzer just send me a PM
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 10:52 AM   #53
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Ended up scrapping the project and waiting for MHD to come out with there ethanol analyzer.

They are already out to my knowledge. I just dont think anyone has installed one of the two options for flex fuel yet.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 09:44 PM   #54
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Cs Lamborghini Huracan

Quote:

Who did the install in Orlando??

Did they send you a new one or what did they say?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 01:22 PM   #55
mfish123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

Having similar issues - get fuel temp but don't get E %

Quote:

Munchi435i I installed the spool analyzer / sensor kit on my 2009 335i. I'm having similar issues. In my case I do get a temperature reading but don't get any ethanol % reading. I've tried with both Android and iphone. Did you get no readings at all or just temperature but not ethanol %?

I'm targeting E50 and I put 9 gallons of E85 (and the rest 93) during my last fill up so I definitely have considerable ethanol content in the tank

Spool was very responsive via email and they sent me a new Bluetooth analyzer. I just plugged that in and still getting the same behavior.

I'm thinking they'll probably send me a new sensor and I'm not looking forward to tearing things apart again to install it.

My only other thought is that maybe a wire on the harness got stretched or crushed during the install. When you got your replacement hardware did you try a new harness as part of your troubleshooting?
      05-24-2021, 02:11 PM   #56
NEWTRON
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F32 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfish123 View Post
Munchi435i I installed the spool analyzer / sensor kit on my 2009 335i. I'm having similar issues. In my case I do get a temperature reading but don't get any ethanol % reading. I've tried with both Android and iphone. Did you get no readings at all or just temperature but not ethanol %?

I'm targeting E50 and I put 9 gallons of E85 (and the rest 93) during my last fill up so I definitely have considerable ethanol content in the tank

Spool was very responsive via email and they sent me a new Bluetooth analyzer. I just plugged that in and still getting the same behavior.

I'm thinking they'll probably send me a new sensor and I'm not looking forward to tearing things apart again to install it.

My only other thought is that maybe a wire on the harness got stretched or crushed during the install. When you got your replacement hardware did you try a new harness as part of your troubleshooting?
I had the same issues when I installed mine. I reached out the spool and they sent me another sensor and bt analyzer. The original sensor that they sent was a VW sensor the replacement one they sent was a GM that worked properly.
VRSF RACE IC, FTP CP, VRSF CATLESS DP, BORLA ATAK CATBACK, CTS TURBO INTAKE, MST V2 INLET, PURE STAGE 2, TURBOSMART BOV,FTP TURBO OUTLET, SPOOL FX180, BM3 ETHANOL ANALYZER, PRECISION RACEWORKS COILS, BM3 STAGE 2+ E30
Appreciate 0