F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > NBT retrofit quick question!
GetBMWParts

03-25-2022, 07:13 PM   #1
robertst
Registered
Rep
Drives: F20 120d, F30 335i

NBT retrofit quick question!

Hi guys,

I am going to try to retrofit a nbt evo unit from an entry basis.

I do not have a combox(so no mic or antennas). For the antennas I will pick some aftermarket ones(and place them in the dashboard), and for the mic I will man up and cut the headliner.

I've also managed to find a pdf with the nbt quadlock pinout. However, I couldn't find one for the entry basis.

I am wondering if my current quadlock will be wired correctly for the nbt unit. I guess not, but if someone could tell me for sure and also give me an example of a quad adapter that would do the trick it would be much appreciated

:help

Many thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2022, 08:14 AM   #2
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertst View Post
Hi guys,

I am going to try to retrofit a nbt evo unit from an entry basis.

I do not have a combox(so no mic or antennas). For the antennas I will pick some aftermarket ones(and place them in the dashboard), and for the mic I will man up and cut the headliner.

I've also managed to find a pdf with the nbt quadlock pinout. However, I couldn't find one for the entry basis.

I am wondering if my current quadlock will be wired correctly for the nbt unit. I guess not, but if someone could tell me for sure and also give me an example of a quad adapter that would do the trick it would be much appreciated

:help

Many thanks in advance!
You should be good with quadlock wiring.
All wiring you can check on newtis as well
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 02:07 PM   #3
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep
Drives: M3LR

Unless you buy an Evo with GPS plug, you will need an ATM emulator to allow a GPS antenna to be connected.

I suspect you have the Mic wired in already but you will need to add a BT antenna.

The rest of the wiring should be fine.

The EVO will need to be coded to your VIN or it will go into Component Protection when connected to your vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 02:11 PM   #4
RuleNormaliai
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 G20 330E

Garage List
if anyone interested i have NBT EVO with GPS port for sale. can precode it for your VIN.
| MGU Patching/Virginizing | ConnectedDrive activation for US cars in EU (Only MGU/ATM2) | Feature Installer codes | Map Updates | CarPlay activations. | NBT EVO GPS Connector installs. | NBT EVO repairs | Remote BMW Coding |
Appreciate 0