F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Retrofitting footwell lights!
proTUNING Freaks

12-29-2022, 03:18 PM   #1
ThatLennyBoi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30

Retrofitting footwell lights!

I'm retrofitting every option in light package to my car, as it was base and got annoyed by it so i pushed trough it and already successfully installed the led dome light all working, now next i want to install the footwell lights. I made the harness already but i need to know where i add the wires to OEM, i got this diagram but it's kinda unclear and can't find a proper one, i don't even know where X48*2V is and what it is. Does someone have a better insight on this?

I'd really appreciate it!

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2022, 04:18 AM   #2
mig2830
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 340I

X48*2v, X48*1v and X113*1v are all a common wire joining point located somewhere along the wiring loom. That is used when several wires is coming from the same pin in one of the main connectors.

In this case the pin 51 for the white/red wire, pin 50 for the white/blue and pin 54 for the red/brain in the 54 pin connector that is blue on the FEM.

Start checking the pins at the blue connector, if they are already used, then you just connect your wires to the appropriate wires found in the connector. Else you have to fit your wires with pins and place them in the connector to the FEM
Appreciate 0