F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Bang & Olufsen Amplifier retrofit for BMW F30
Studio RSR

03-27-2023, 02:01 AM   #23
blau3er
Captain
Rep
Drives: F31 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizukachan View Post
No reason to. The factory 676 speakers, match up7bmw amp plus earthquakes plus a good tune far exceeds the capabilities of b&o 5 &7 series for les money and far fewer headaches.
No good for me, my car is equipped with factory HK so the match system would not be PnP.

Back to the question - has anyone successfully retrofitted B&O into a F3x?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2023, 05:51 AM   #24
bluea
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blau3er View Post
Back to the question - has anyone successfully retrofitted B&O into a F3x?
Yes... I had the HK system in a F30. And retrofitted the B&O system. In my opinion it is worth the effort, it is a big difference.

On one hand it is very easy, almost plug and play, the low-frequency speakers, MOST and power.

On the other hand the tweeters need to be re-wired. And all of them. That is what makes the difference. Besides the "more power" and better quality.

HK system uses mid-range speakers and tweeters as through one wire and a crossover at the speakers. Whereas the B&O system connects every speaker on its own. So the wiring for mid-range and sub are exactly the same as HK. But tweeter connector and wiring need to be added in an F30.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2023, 06:21 AM   #25
blau3er
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluea View Post
Yes... I had the HK system in a F30. And retrofitted the B&O system. In my opinion it is worth the effort, it is a big difference.

On one hand it is very easy, almost plug and play, the low-frequency speakers, MOST and power.

On the other hand the tweeters need to be re-wired. And all of them. That is what makes the difference. Besides the "more power" and better quality.

HK system uses mid-range speakers and tweeters as through one wire and a crossover at the speakers. Whereas the B&O system connects every speaker on its own. So the wiring for mid-range and sub are exactly the same as HK. But tweeter connector and wiring need to be added in an F30.
Amazing!!

I would love to chat to you more about it, I’ll PM you later on today, if that’s OK?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2023, 02:30 AM   #26
blau3er
Captain
Rep

bluea I have sent you a PM!
Appreciate 0