F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > turn signal in the floor on led headlights
ARMA SPEED

12-09-2019, 03:23 PM   #1
konik7777
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i

turn signal in the floor on led headlights

Hello. retrofitted car led headlights, europe. I want to turn on the turn signal in the floor, encoded via bimmercode “us sidemarker - on” and it worked, but it flickers (video attached). maybe bimmercode is incorrectly encoding something. could you tell me the correct parameters for encoding this option? I'll be very thankful.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 03:25 PM   #2
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

I have similar flickering on my 2018 LCI F32, which came with the LED lights from the factory. I have coded many things... but never the eyebrows.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 03:28 PM   #3
konik7777
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
I have similar flickering on my 2018 LCI F32, which came with the LED lights from the factory. I have coded many things... but never the eyebrows.
It would be interesting to solve this problem, this is the only minus because of which I did not want to switch from bixenon to led, just led got at the price of bixenon
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 03:52 PM   #4
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Make sure it's coded as LED, not bulb. Bulbs are sent a pulsed DC voltage that won't cause a bulb to flicker but can cause an LED to flicker. Coding to LED changes the voltage from pulsed to constant.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 03:56 PM   #5
konik7777
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
Make sure it's coded as LED, not bulb. Bulbs are sent a pulsed DC voltage that won't cause a bulb to flicker but can cause an LED to flicker. Coding to LED changes the voltage from pulsed to constant.
what parameters to pay attention to? I encoded FA with option 5A2. I think there is already disabled verification.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 05:19 PM   #6
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

You do this with Bimmercode in the FEM. Each bulb should show options for cold monitoring, warm monitoring and lamp. Cold and warm monitoring are turned off, lamp is LED, not bulb.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 12:22 AM   #7
konik7777
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
You do this with Bimmercode in the FEM. Each bulb should show options for cold monitoring, warm monitoring and lamp. Cold and warm monitoring are turned off, lamp is LED, not bulb.
it's all exposed, the problem is something else
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 03:06 PM   #8
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by konik7777 View Post
Quote:
it's all exposed, the problem is something else
The turn signal LEDs are not designed to remain steady-burning, it's eventually going to overheat and burn out.

That's probably why they're flickering..
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 04:30 PM   #9
konik7777
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
The turn signal LEDs are not designed to remain steady-burning, it's eventually going to overheat and burn out.

Is it a precise information? in this case, I liked xenon more. I really love the yellow turn signals along with DRL
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 04:50 PM   #10
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Is it a precise information? in this case, I liked xenon more. I really love the yellow turn signals along with DRL
I never tried it with OEM brows but a few folks here claim that it burns out if you leave them steady-burning, as the LEDs was not designed to stay lit and heat is the number one killer of any LEDs.

It did happen with two separate aftermarket LEDs bulbs on mines, after I left them steady-burning.

So to err on the side of safety, I wouldn't leave them like that but that's your call, just some friendly advice.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 04:52 PM   #11
konik7777
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I never tried it with OEM brows but a few folks here claim that it burns out if you leave them steady-burning, as the LEDs was not designed to stay lit, as heat is the number one killer of any LEDs.

I did happen with two separate aftermarket LEDs bulbs on mines, after I left them steady-burning.

So to err on the side of safety, I wouldn't leave them like that but that's your call, just some friendly advice.
I don't even know what to do ...
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 10:20 PM   #12
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I never tried it with OEM brows but a few folks here claim that it burns out if you leave them steady-burning, as the LEDs was not designed to stay lit, as heat is the number one killer of any LEDs.

I did happen with two separate aftermarket LEDs bulbs on mines, after I left them steady-burning.

I don't even know what to do ...
If you still have active warranty, leave them on..

And 12:01 on the day you warranty expires, code them back to just blinkers
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2019, 09:13 AM   #13
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I never tried it with OEM brows but a few folks here claim that it burns out if you leave them steady-burning, as the LEDs was not designed to stay lit and heat is the number one killer of any LEDs.
I don't have brows. I do have standard turn signals, they are US configured to stay on as side lights, and I did change them to LED. Two years on I haven't had one burn out. To say LEDs are not designed to stay lit ignores the obvious, as headlights must stay lit. What one can say is that if a certain brand of LED burns out don't buy that brand again.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2019, 06:25 PM   #14
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I don't have brows. I do have standard turn signals, they are US configured to stay on as side lights, and I did change them to LED. Two years on I haven't had one burn out. To say LEDs are not designed to stay lit ignores the obvious, as headlights must stay lit. What one can say is that if a certain brand of LED burns out don't buy that brand again.
You have US side markers incandescent or LED are deigned to stay lit because they run at a lowered voltage.

The dedicated turn signals, if they remain steady-burning will overheat and burn out because they run at a higher voltage.
Appreciate 0